• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resolved Amicably Last Year: Rockstar Games parent company Take-Two has filed a lawsuit against Alan Wake devs Remedy over its "R" logo

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That new logo of Remedy could be better.

Seriously. They shouldve just stuck to the old one.

yCYIiV5.png

The new one is just as terrible as Alan Wake 2.

tusharngf

one of the worst publishers ever that is take 2.. their after game support is abysmal and CEO doesnt give a shit about anything but money

take two
giphy.gif

skyfall

So they make a game with a character who is racist to white people which flops, now they have to go through court spending money. Lol, karma bitch

Last edited:
Next they sue Respawn, Rare and Raven because of totally similar Rs and orange in the latter two logos and Raven's raven certainly looks almost like a star if you really try to see it, not. smh

MikeM

Rockstar thinks they own the letter R lol perhaps they could have allocated the legal costs of this action to hiring devs for a PC GTA6 release day 1.

nowhat

Wait, aren't they working together for the Max Payne remake?

well ..
As I've understood it, T2 just gave Remedy the green light for the remakes, as they own the IP. But Remedy is doing it on their own.

But never let reason get in the way of a trigger-happy IP lawyer.

angrod14

I hope Remedy wins (as they should, because those logos look nothing alike) and make Take-Two pay every single dime in legal fees.

trikster40

That's a fight they will lose, there aren't enough similarities except both start with R.

They're hoping to win through intimidation and never go to court.

TVexperto

i hope this wont have any consequences on the max payne remake (remedy and rockstar allowed them to do the remake)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable

yCYIiV5.png

Both logos are terrible but I'm surprised to say it but the new one is better.

The old one just says 1996 is alive and well, somehow.

Remedy, if you're reading, I've got a new logo for you. All yours for £2m:

Remedy.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This law suit is frivolous as hell... that said, you're absolutely right! Remedy's old logo was infinitely better than the new one.

All that new logo does is remind me how terrible AW2 was (to me)

Hopefully T2 wins the lawsuit and they revert back to the classic look. Hell, hopefully they revert back to making good games.

FeralEcho

Are they trying to make that idiot Florida Joker actually have a claim with them doing such retarded shit cuz If a logo with a letter that looks absolutely nothing alike as a logo has claim so does a guy you made an actual fucking character over would so
Morgan Freeman Good Luck GIF

kyussman

One has an R with a star(Rockstar).....the other has an R with Remedy written underneath.....who the fuck is getting those confused,lol.

FeralEcho

One has an R with a star(Rockstar).....the other has an R with Remedy written underneath.....who the fuck is getting those confused,lol.
Strauss Zelnick is probably confused why he can't make more money off of it.Greedy c*nt would sell his grandmother for profit.

Last edited:
I guess we should all espect the Take Two and ockstas ights and owneship of the lette -R-

We must wok aound this vey slight issue, and emembe that we have 25 othe lettes.

Neon Xenon

Take Two Interactive is the same company who attempted to go after Hazelight Studios last year for their game being named "It Takes Two". Because the general public would obviously get "It Takes Two" and "Take Two Interactive" mixed up, right?

So I'm less surprised towards the fact that this lawsuit is taking place, with more surprise directed at just how fucking stupid this particular lawsuit is.

yCYIiV5.png

While I don't hate Remedy's current logo, their old logo is superior.

No lie, I looked around for signs that this was an older April Fools thread that got bumped.

Top Bottom