• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GT IW: Marcus Beer strikes out at Jon Blow/Phil Fish over XB1 indie GI coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

antitrop

The kill yourself part is just a Futurama quote. Though he chose a bad time to use it.
Do people with tens of thousands of followers on Twitter think that they're in their apartment with a few friends drinking beers and watching shitty movies or something?

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I don't ever want to be in a position where I feel like I might have to come to the defense of Phil Fish. Don't do that to me, Marcus.

AHA-Lambda

watching his new tweets is like watching a train crash, can't help but watch

tumblr_mky23oiTiz1rblqp8o1_250.gif

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH/status/361173928250576898

This guy is going to make alot of enemies in the games press by the end of the day. Can a mod update the title to reflect Fish's break down?

reggie

Banned
Phil Fish is definitely one of those guys that can dish it out but can't take it. If this is how he is acting now I wont be surprised if his next game bombs and we see a meltdown of epic preportions.

Draconian

I knew Phil Fish was immature, but he has a knack for always surprising me with just how immature he is the more he runs his mouth.

Baleoce

Beer is now going to run with that badly used Futurama quote for all it's worth now. Seems according to his twitter he already is. The original debate is going to piss in the wind.

Do people with tens of thousands of followers on Twitter think that they're in their apartment with a few friends drinking beers and watching shitty movies or something?

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I doubt he though about people not getting the quote. He doesn't have the charm to pull it off and it comes out as horrible in this situation.

LTWheels

Looking through Phill Fish's twitter for the first time.

God Phil Fish is a vial poisonous character. It's a shame that such a character has become one of the large successful, visible indie devs. Poor misrepresentation of tons of hard working indie devs.

Tnetennba

Ahaha, I love Phil Fish.

This all just reeks of the entitlement you can commonly find in games journalism. There's no real danger in "calling out" these people since your job isn't beholden to the PR machine behind them, as would be the case if they were part of a big studio. Phil in particular calls out various outlets routinely and it seems to be done out of a desire to see them improve beyond the clickbait nonsense that routinely populates a number of high profile sites.

The man gets a lot of negativity thrown his way. You could argue he encourages it but I'd rather see somebody in his position with personality (whether that be a positive or negative one), rather than the mindless marketing drones you normally see in this industry.

Ouren

"You should be grateful that game informer wants to talk to you"

Marcus Beer is the tosspot here. This is sooooo entitled.

corn_fest

Hey indies give us clickbait consolewar bullshit comments on demand, or else we'll publicly insult you on video. Meanwhile we'll throw softball questions at any developer working at a major 3rd party because we can't lose access to that previous ad revenue and review copies.

What a fucking joke.

Best post, deserves to be quoted again. I'd be annoyed too if game "journos" kept constantly harassing me about the DRM situation.

Baleoce

And Marcus has invited him to talk with him on camera, surprising.

Phil says no. Not surprising.

That's not in the least bit surprising. Beer is now just biding his time to get him on camera so he can put up that "go kill yourself" tweet at the same time.

Gong

That's not in the least bit surprising. Beer is now just biding his time to get him on camera so he can put up that "go kill yourself" tweet at the same time.

I have no love for either of them but if I was Beer I'd do exactly the same thing. Fish is in the wrong here, you just don't tell people to go kill themselves, esp. as Marcus has stated publicly on AG in the past he's had issues with mental health. At least he didn't rise to it or is strong enough to not let it bother him.

Hagi

Phil Fish is definitely one of those guys that can dish it out but can't take it. If this is how he is acting now I wont be surprised if his next game bombs and we see a meltdown of epic preportions.

I think he does just about as you'd expect for an irresponsible try hard getting insults thrown at him over several different medium.

deli2000

I have no love for either of them but if I was Beer I'd do exactly the same thing. Fish is in the wrong here, you just don't tell people to go kill themselves, esp. as Marcus has stated publicly on AG in the past he's had issues with mental health. At least he didn't rise to it or is strong enough to not let it bother him.

Well apparently you can now since he's a 'Games Journalist'.

coma1138

Banned
The industry and consumers as a whole should stop supporting Fish. He put out a broken product that people paid money for and then refused to fix it. I don't understand how that shit is tolerated. And the shit about blaming MS is such a joke. He knew the deal going into it.

Bravocado

While Marcus is a little harsh in the video, it pales in comparison to the tantrum Fish is throwing on Twitter right now. It's difficult to watch.

Lunzio

Beginning to think that Fish's reactions are not just some "prima donna" outrage, but more so an indication that he may have some mental stability/illness issue of sorts. There's a difference between a dick and person that may actually need some professional help. Just keep that in mind.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
bCdgM63.png

Now some parody account on Twitter is saying (lying) Phil Fish physically threatened and abused his ex girlfriend. This is the kind of stuff he has to deal with daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom