• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Blizzard holding Gamescom conference, most likely about Diablo

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
It will most likely just focus on the console versions of the game.

Destructoid said:
Blizzard is set to host a press conference at gamescom this year on August 21 at 11:30AM, and that's the only real specifics we were given. Blizzard did tease us by stating that this announcement is "sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells and all the shadowed places that lie between."

Wonder what it can be! Probably related to Diablo III, as it's on the horizon for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4.

The last time Blizzard gave a press conference was at gamescom 2011 where they talked about World of Warcraft, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Diablo III. Blizzard won't be livestreaming the press conference, but we'll be there covering it for Destructoid because we love you. We really do.
Source: http://www.destructoid.com/blizzard...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Fingers crossed we get a look at the PS4 version!

Oddly enough, I'm looking forward to Diablo III more than most third-party PS4 games.

Game needs an expansion that gives it actual lasting value. D3's character progression and item economy turned into some seriously Farmville-esque shit.

Teknoman

It would be amazing if they reached out to Matt to composed the expansion area soundtrack, when it does happen.

Still salty about diablo 3s lackluster / generic epic music soundtrack when compared to 1 and 2.

That and the volume levels being way off, with voices and sound effects being randomly louder than others.

RPGCrazied

Hearthstone release date please. There won't be expansion talk until Blizzcon though. So this conference probably isn't going to contain much.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
i'd have thought the "heavens" line would be a nod to something about SC2.

unless they mean gamescom 2025 and maybe we'll get a first glimpse of titan.

Dante316

WOW on consoles would make sense. Declining pc users, more attention might be given. Ps4 version could work with mouse and kb support.

WOW on consoles would make sense. Declining pc users, more attention might be given. Ps4 version could work with mouse and kb support.

Nopers. Blizzard has already gone on record saying WoW isn't right for consoles. Stated they've have to change a ton of things and at that point they would rather build an MMO from the group up for consoles.

Santar

If only they would announce a offline patch for the pc version :(
I'm worried they're simplifying the console version too much.
They way they keep talking about console players wanting it to be an action game, and minimizing the rpg part is not encouraging.

Valnen

Does console Diablo 3 have an auction house?

It does not, and loot drop rates will be adjusted as well. But the loot adjustments are coming to the PC version as well, so the console version literally has no real advantage aside from couch co-op.

The game is going to be awful anyway, and crossplay would just make it even worse.

Eh, it sounds more interesting than Dota 2 to me because it's trying to be different.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
It sounds so incredibly simple that I can't see it having any real last power, being different isn't always a good thing.

Valnen

It sounds so incredibly simple that I can't see it having any real last power, being different isn't always a good thing.

Being simpler is a good thing IMO. Don't want to have to drop all other video games just to get good at 1.

T

TrueMenace

Unconfirmed Member
I gave up on Diablo 3 after I got to un-nerfed Inferno...such a flawed game. Still is.

Can anyone tell me if Blizzard will actually make Diablo 3 as fun as Diablo 2?

Valnen

Can anyone tell me if Blizzard will actually make Diablo 3 as fun as Diablo 2?

That depends on what makes ARPG's fun for you. If it's the combat, they already have IMO. If it's having whacky loot that lets you break the game...probably not. But who knows, Blizzard likes to re-invent major game mechanics all the time in their games with updates/expansions. At least you'll already own the game if they do decide to make it fun for you, right?

Still no official Xbox One version strikes me as odd.

I hope this is a release date for the PS4 version and they lied to us all and it's at launch.

Trickster

Are people actually excited for the console version of D3? I mean, if you were. You'd probably have the pc version by now? And even if you hadn't. Wouldn't the fact that most people that have played it seem to hate it with a passion be enough to turn you away from the game?

Are people actually excited for the console version of D3? I mean, if you were. You'd probably have the pc version by now? And even if you hadn't. Wouldn't the fact that most people that have played it seem to hate it with a passion be enough to turn you away from the game?

I am very excited for it. I own the PC version. I still play Diablo 3 daily in some capacity even if it's not tremendous hours. I still have fun.

The hate is way over the top and usually by people who haven't played since launch. Some of the most loud cries aren't even aware Inferno was nerfed.

Trickster

I am very excited for it. I own the PC version. I still play Diablo 3 daily in some capacity even if it's not tremendous hours. I still have fun.

The hate is way over the top and usually by people who haven't played since launch. Some of the most loud cries aren't even aware Inferno was nerfed.

I'm one of the haters. But I kept trying to play it after the first few patches, and the game just didn't become anymore fun for me. A lot of the things that just ruins the experience for me, are also not things they're probably gonna ever change.

I think generally the people that didn't play diablo 2 are much more likely to enjoy diablo 3 :p

Thoraxes

The real news won't be till Blizzcon this year, but it looks like they're definitely on track to unveil 3 expansions this year.

Hyun Sai

It does not, and loot drop rates will be adjusted as well. But the loot adjustments are coming to the PC version as well, so the console version literally has no real advantage aside from couch co-op..
Well, being able to play offline is a huge plus for me.

Top Bottom