• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Will be? This last season of dexter is fucking trash. It's such a shame. The blooper reels from BB have better writing than this last reason of dexter.
Totally agree, though I'd say Dexter can't get any worse than S6. Will be my first time watching them simultaneously though, and I'm laughing
crying
already.

iihZ15xOVstnp.jpg
iFLXjGbKLDIQ6.jpg

hnnnnggg

yeah that was my bad

Sorry, didn't mean to call you out like a jerk or anything :)

I'm actually happy that they only sent one to critics. Less chance of things leaking.

Speaking of which, since AMC is the fucking WORST with episode leakes, what of Breaking Bad HAS successfully leaked in the past? Did Gus's demise make it out before it aired?

Sorry, didn't mean to call you out like a jerk or anything :)

I'm actually happy that they only sent one to critics. Less chance of leaking.

Speaking of which, since AMC is the fucking WORST with episode leakes, what of Breaking Bad HAS successfully leaked in the past? Did Gus's demise make it out before it aired?
it's cooooool mang and lol not only did Gus's death leak but an actual picture of his face half blown off was out.

it's cooooool mang and lol not only did Gus's death leak but an actual picture of his face half blown off was out.

Oh fucking hell. I'm glad I wasn't paying a ton of attention then (I marathoned it leading up to season 5a). Does my memory serve me correctly in thinking that someone just bombed the season 4 thread with that image prior to the air date?

Also, I'd HAVE to imagine they're keeping this season under lock and key like nobody's business to avoid shit just like Gus's death.

Anustart

Six days gaf! Then I can completely disconnect from Dexter! Its so sad as I'm one of the few who didn't mind seasons 5 and 6, but this season, the final season, is being fucking wasted on stupid fucking plots that have no business being there. Vogel is one of the stupidest characters in all of television.

Here's a final season, and surprise mother fucker! There's a character who magically knows all about Dec duh duh Dunn!!!

Game-Biz

I hope Walt kills Jesse, Skylar, and Hank. And he lives and gets away with everything and lives the rest of his days on a tropical island bedding beautiful women. Almost would be worth it just for GAF reactions.

I would rather have his whole family die,Jessie dead, and hank in jail. And Walt either dying in a hospital with him all alone or in his house with his cancer gone.

People that watch the series for teh actionz usually dislike the episode.

I don't understand those people. :/
This is my favorite show ever for many reasons. I still think that episode sucks, I understand the symbolism and the Walt-Jess dynamic but it feels very heavy handed and clostrophobic, for my tastes at leat. I get that bottle episodes are necessary but that doesn't give it immunity.

Edit: Suck was the wrong word to use. I just thought it was pretty boring/underwhelming compared to most other episodes.

Wilbur

Banned
Just watched Crawl Space

fuck

FUCK FUCK

that ending

its literally cumworthy

i just want to spread ejaculate all over huell's head

Solo

Fly gets waaaaaay too much discussion. It's a middle of the road episode. It's not the worst peiece of shit ever as many would tell you, nor is it some divine piece of drama sent straight from Zeus' cock either.

MormaPope

Banned
The best part of The Fly was Walt's realization of what actually made him genuinely happy after getting into the Meth business. When Skyler sings a lullaby to their daughter, and Walt quietly listens in the living room, there wasn't any bullshit or antics for that to occur.

No lying, no dodging, no killing, just heartfelt love in his own home. He created the best meth, but the simplest chemistry or biology moved him more than anything. He didn't even receive the love, the fact that his family seemed safe and legitimately happy was all Walt needed to die a happy man.

Context matters though, and some reactions have permanent consequences. Walter will never feel what he felt in the moment ever again. Jane's death, the air plane collision, and Jesse hitting a bottom probably tainted Walt's conscience forever. Family time doesn't mean much when you've caused enough pain to poison relationships and cause widespread harm.

Walt never turned back once he faced that moral dilemma, he chose a choice or direction and went with it. Jesse did the same, both of them stayed involved with each other and a life they began together.

Walt dying naturally when his daughter was born would've been the only good way to check out. The point of no return for Walter and Jesse was Jane's death and the airplane collision following it. They asked themselves "How much worse can it actually get?", the events after that leading to the climax is the answer.

Wilbur

Banned
Best episodes are Bag's In The River, Four Days Out, One Minute, Hermanos, Crawl Space, Dead Freight and Gliding Over All.

Solo

Just watched Crawl Space

fuck

FUCK FUCK

that ending

its literally cumworthy

i just want to spread ejaculate all over huell's head

The most impressive acting from Cranston in the entire series and he didn't even say a word. That maniacal/insane laughter :eek:

I have a feeling that now that Walt and Skyler are back together, Skyler dying by cartel hands will happen. It will be a great way for Walt to go back to the drug world to get some payback etc.

Hank is going to go to Jesse and promise him immunity from prosecution to help bring down Walt.

This season is going to be Hank + Jesse Vs. Walt.

Wilbur

Banned
The most impressive acting from Cranston in the entire series and he didn't even say a word. That maniacal/insane laughter :eek:

It's how long the camera just lingers at the end. It just stays there. It's fucking brutal but its fucking beautiful.

Anustart

I truly hope Vince has the balls to let White win. It wouldn't be very good in my opinion to have him end being broken as that's exactly where his character started.

bsej87

I don't care about the ultimate fate of any other character so long as Walt Jr. ends up fucking bitches and eating breakfast.

It's funny because I think Gus's most powerful scene was the Boxcutter, where I'm pretty sure he didn't say anything. Well maybe the I Will Kill Your Infant Daughter scene tops it but you get the idea.

Edit: forgot his badass poisoning stunt in Mexico, and many others I'm sure. Might be my favorite character ever.

Solo

Anyone know where to get one of those yellow hazmat suits they wear? I think shaving the ol' head and wearing one of those could be fun at Halloween. Especially if I didn't tell anyone I was doing it beforehand.

I truly hope Vince has the balls to let White win. It wouldn't be very good in my opinion to have him end being broken as that's exactly where his character started.

I really do feel like this will be the best possible ending for the show.

I don't care if Walt is the "bad guy" or not. Let him win.

dorkimoe

the amount of times the aknowledge scarface and the way season 5 started, i think we all have a pretty good idea of whats gonna happen

Wilbur

Banned
No Half Measure or Full Measure? Seven Thirty Seven is another great episode.

All of them are great as well, and Box Cutter, and Say My Name, and Better Call Saul, and... It was getting to a point where I was just listing out every one haha, I tried to narrow it down a bit.

Mike's monologue in Half Measure is a thing of fucken beauty though

MormaPope

Banned
Skyler isn't going to die, she's going to end up in prison for assisting Walt and hefty fraud.

Walter will figure out Hank is building a case against him and flees. Walter or Hank contact each other. Hank will offer Walt a ultimatum of turning himself in and only arresting Walt or Hank will pursue Skyler/the entire family instead. Walt agrees, but attempts to reach his family so they can all escape together.

Plan goes awry and Skyler is arrested, Holly is put up for foster care/adoption, and Hank offers to give Walt Jr. a home. Walt flees with whatever money he has left and due to fear and failure, doesn't formulate a plan until months later.

Wilbur

Banned
I can't even think what my perfect ending would be. I just trust Gilligan to deliver something I'll be immensely satisfied with.

Goddamn fuck you USA, getting it an entire day before us. Gonna have to avoid GAF/twitter for a day.

edit: but skyler is dead. bacon confirmation

Jimothy

Best episodes are Bag's In The River, Four Days Out, One Minute, Hermanos, Crawl Space, Dead Freight and Gliding Over All.

Half Measure, 4 Days Out, Problem Dog, Better Call Saul, Negro Y Azul, Crawl Space, Dead Freight, Crazy Handful of Nothin', Grilled, etc etc. It's ridiculously hard for me narrow it down to even 10.

I really do feel like this will be the best possible ending for the show.

I don't care if Walt is the "bad guy" or not. Let him win.

I just don't think Walt winning fits with the overall tone of the show.

What I think could be interesting is this: Walt dies/pays for his sins in some horrible way (as Matt Zoller Seitz mentions in his latest piece, BrBa has always been a show with a sense of morality), but then just when we think it's over, Jesse then has to/does die too. Despite his overall redemptive arc, he's murdered Gale and done other horrible shit too, just like Walt (though obviously not to the extent of poisoning children).

Would be a really great showcase of how no matter what kind of person you are, or how bad you feel about what you've done, your actions will always come back to haunt you.

The more I think about it, the more I think either both Walt and Jesse are done for, or they both survive. I don't think one goes without the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom