• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Breaking Bad - Season 5, Part 2 - The Final Eight Episodes - Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't consider Skyler's relationship with Ted an affair, nor would I compare it to what Walt had forced her to endure up to that period in time. By that point, Skyler had already asked Walt for a divorce, demanded he leave the house, and only began to have a relationship with Ted after Walt broke in to their house and refused to leave. It was one of the few areas where Skyler could hold a position of power over Walt.

It's amazing how people seem to forget it happened after she sent him divorce papers and he broke back into the house daring her to tell the police about the meth.

They act like Walt forgot to pick up diapers at the store so she slept with Ted to get back at him.

And whose behavior and lifestyle changes effected and caused Skyler to change since the beginning of the show?

Must've been Walter Jr., him asking for Raisin Bran Crunch and real bacon sent her spiraling into Ted's genitals. Wasn't Walter being completely dishonest, detached, not himself, disappearing, reappearing.

How does that justify Skylers behavior? Particularly harming Holly by Smoking and committing financial Crimes? Tell me, specifically, how the argument of "well Walt led her to it" give her any kind of pass? It doesn't. What Walt does is Reprehinsible and for me he becomes more and more unlikable as the show progresses. He's a bad person but so is Skylar. From the ver beginning of the show she never comes across as a loving caring mate, but more so controlling and judgemental. She wanted Walt to go through cancer treatment so he could get better but she also did it for herself because SHE wanted it. She never once showed interest in listening to what Walt wanted. Yes he got better as a result of the treatment but look where they are now. Walt accepted his fate and Skyler ignored that and was hell bent on getting what she wanted. Not once does she acknowledge or respect Walts opinion. She's a know it all and emasculates Walt on several occasions. Some say she's being caring but to me she's being controlling and her future actions in the show prove this point.

Bottom line Skyler and Walt BOTH have broken bad and have both have become assholes or maybe they were assholes all along. I feel like Walt was for sure and the whole Ted and smoking thing make me believe Skyler wasn't a saint either.

anaron

How does that justify Skylers behavior? Particularly harming Holly by Smoking and committing financial Crimes? Tell me, specifically, how the argument of "well Walt led her to it" give her any kind of pass? It doesn't. What Walt does is Reprehinsible and for me he becomes more and more unlikable as the show progresses. He's a bad person but so is Skylar. From the ver beginning of the show she never comes across as a loving caring mate, but more so controlling and judgemental. She wanted Walt to go through cancer treatment so he could get better but she also did it for herself because SHE wanted it. She never once showed interest in listening to what Walt wanted. Yes he got better as a result of the treatment but look where they are now. Walt accepted his fate and Skyler ignored that and was hell bent on getting what she wanted. Not once does she acknowledge or respect Walts opinion. She's a know it all and emasculates Walt on several occasions.Some say she's being caring but to me she's being controlling and her future actions in the show prove this point.

Bottom line Skyler and Walt BOTH have broken bad and have both have become assholes or maybe they were assholes all along. I feel like Walt was for sure and the whole Ted and smoking thing make me believe Skyler wasn't a saint either.

HAHAHA

God stop it with the Skyler cheated bullshit. Her asking for a divorce meant the relationship was over, but walt being the manipulative sociopath that he is couldn't accept it. The arguments against skyler may not be misogynist but they sure are idiotic. Walt got his brother in law almost paralyzed and almost got holly killed by the twins and skyler was as bad as him prepoisoning. Walt continued to cook meth after being offered the money. He manipulated his son,wife, and brother in law that could have got them all killed. Skyler said no a few times to a sociopath and then tried her best to kick him out.

shutupshutupshutup.gif

Nameless

God stop it with the Skyler cheated bullshit. Her asking for a divorce meant the relationship was over, but walt being the manipulative sociopath that he is couldn't accept it. The arguments against skyler may not be misogynist but they sure are idiotic. Walt got his brother in law almost paralyzed and almost got holly killed by the twins and skyler was as bad as him prepoisoning

shutupshutupshutup.gif

Why didn't she immediately file the papers if this was the case then? I know the eventual reason she gave. , but if she was so desperate to get rid of him she could have.

And Walt was trying to save both his and Hank's ass as Hank was getting too close to Fring.

God stop it with the Skyler cheated bullshit. Her asking for a divorce meant the relationship was over, but walt being the manipulative sociopath that he is couldn't accept it. The arguments against skyler may not be misogynist but they sure are idiotic. Walt got his brother in law almost paralyzed and almost got holly killed by the twins and skyler was as bad as him prepoisoning

shutupshutupshutup.gif

Ok so ignoring the cheating, what about the smoking while pregnant and helping Ted evade taxes? Also why can't people defend Skyler without bringing up the "badder" things Walt has done? Walt getting Hank fucked up has nothing to do with Skyler's moronic behavior.

Ok so ignoring the cheating, what about the smoking while pregnant and helping Ted evade taxes? Also why can't people defend Skyler without bringing how the "badder" things Walt has done? Walt getting Hank fucked up has nothing to do with Skyler's moronic behavior.

I have never once said Skyler didnt do stupid things. There is an idiotic argument seemingly spreading that she somehow matched walt before the poisoning.

My argument is that Skyler is the worst part of the show. I would like to see an argument as to why she is the best part of the show.

Well im not getting into that as that's a loaded argument. Obviously walt is the best part of this show. Thats what will make his complete downfall so sweet.

I'm dying to know why Walt comes back. What could make him want to return to town from hiding with a big ass machine gun.

I MUST KNOW. SO CLOSE YET SO FAR.

MormaPope

Banned
How does that justify Skylers behavior? Particularly harming Holly by Smoking and committing financial Crimes? Tell me, specifically, how the argument of "well Walt led her to it" give her any kind of pass? It doesn't. What Walt does is Reprehinsible and for me he becomes more and more unlikable as the show progresses. He's a bad person but so is Skylar. From the ver beginning of the show she never comes across as a loving caring mate, but more so controlling and judgemental. She wanted Walt to go through cancer treatment so he could get better but she also did it for herself because SHE wanted it. She never once showed interest in listening to what Walt wanted. Yes he got better as a result of the treatment but look where they are now. Walt accepted his fate and Skyler ignored that and was hell bent on getting what she wanted. Not once does she acknowledge or respect Walts opinion. She's a know it all and emasculates Walt on several occasions. Some say she's being caring but to me she's being controlling and her future actions in the show prove this point.

First off, Walter not speaking his own mind or demanding more in a relationship isn't Skyler's fault. Not at all. Walter felt he gained control when he started to cook meth, if he couldn't communicate with his wife in a more meaningful manner before, but wanted to, and never did, that's his fault.

Walter spent a lot of his life in a cocoon. If the event for him to break free was getting cancer and becoming a meth kingpin, the relationship was lacking something all along. And Walt is to blame for not speaking up at all.

On another note, smoking cigarettes when pregnant is a no no, alright. Making 50 pounds of meth for whomever probably does more damage than Skyler putting her baby at risk. Both are bad, one is actually bad bad. Walter being dishonest and doing his meth business inadvertently causes Skyler to smoke.

The choice for treatment was Walter's, and he decided to get treatment. Skyler didn't force him to do shit, once again, voicing concern and such doesn't mean malicious things will happen if the person doesn't agree.

Skyler indeed launder money and help Walt with meth funds. She wanted a life she didn't get just like Walter, but she was content with what she had before. She knew once Walter got them into his experiment, that things would never be like they were before.

Basically, Walt is to blame for most of the stuff, Skyler is indeed a victim. Painting it any other way is weird.

Skyler still isn't as bad as Carmella. One episode Carmella hates Tony, next "My husband may be bad, but, god I love the shit he buys me". She willingly overlooks the fact Chris is a wife beating junkie/murderer and thinks "he's a rough guy, but, still good". Yeah, she's a bad person.

Walt is nowhere near as bad as Tony Soprano.

MormaPope

Banned
My argument is that Skyler is the worst part of the show. I would like to see an argument as to why she is the best part of the show.

Walter is indeed the best part of the show. Skyler isn't the worst part. I and not many other people said she was the best part of the show.

Nameless

This is where we disagree. So much of the early tension in the show was a product of Walt trying to out maneuver Skyler on top of everything else. She added real stakes to Walt's side life encroaching upon his family life. The man was essentially starting a meth business under a curfew.

I don't even know what would be the "worst part of the show."

I like all the characters within the context of the show and how they progress it. I think the show has been largely successful in that way as there aren't so many characters at once and they're all written quite well.

Obviously watching Walt and Jesse together is the highlight of the show, but as for the rest, I don't think any way for me to say "worst." I enjoy it all quite a lot

MormaPope

Banned
Skyler still isn't as bad as Carmella. One episode Carmella hates Tony, next "My husband may be bad, but, god I love the shit he buys me". She willingly overlooks the fact Chris is a wife beating junkie/murderer and thinks "he's a rough guy, but, still good". Yeah, she's a bad person.

Walt is nowhere near as bad as Tony Soprano.

Walter is a lot worse than Tony, my god he's a lot worse.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I suppose it's too late to make this the title.

it's never too late.

also, my GIF making skill have only gotten better since the last 8 episodes. I can make them faster, better, funnier.

cLOUDo

VeYYPqT.gif

I have never once said Skyler didnt do stupid things. There is an idiotic argument seemingly spreading that she somehow matched walt before the poisoning.

What do you mean by "match Walt"? You mean level of "badness"? If so I don't think it's idiotic at all to say Skyler is just as bad as Walt in some aspects. There may be varying degrees but they hit the same point from different angles sometimes. Cutting to brass tax, they are both morally reprehensible people and generally terrible parents as well. Walt did something to harm a child. Skyler did something KNOWING it could hurt her OWN child. She also took Holly into potentially dangerous situations at times. But let's be clear about who I think is "bad" on the show and why:

Walt - Bad. Kills people, harms children, cooks the most addictive meth on the planet, ruined hundreds of lives.
Jesse - Bad. Drug dealer (which is WAY worse than doing drugs from a moral standpoint for me), kills people
Hank - Good. Most morally sound character in the show. Does his best to enforce the law and what he believes in. Generally a decent person.
Skylar - Bad. Commits financial crimes, breaks her vows, potentially harms her own baby, digs the criminal hole deeper for her and her family by becoming involved with Walts business
Marie - Moderate. Her thievery is obviously bad but it's unclear whether or not she actually has a psychological problem. She supports Hank the way a mate should and she does several things to show she cares for her family. Honestly, since the stealing has generally died down she's trending back to good.

Wilbur

Banned
I'm dying to know why Walt comes back. What could make him want to return to town from hiding with a big ass machine gun.

I MUST KNOW. SO CLOSE YET SO FAR.

Isn't it obvious?

Walt chooses full beard as a tribute to Kenny Rogers and Mike, as a parting gift, bought him and Jesse tickets. However, Jesse sold them for one final hit of the blue stuff and Walt is back in town to kill whichever fuckball off Craigslist bought them.

He tracks down an address and aims at the shadowy figure, and takes a shot. Moving in on the prone body, he turns them onto their front.

It's Donald Margolis.

This is where we disagree. So much of the early tension in the show was a product of Walt trying to out maneuver Skyler on top of everything else. She added real stakes to Walt's side life encroaching upon his family life. The man was essentially starting a meth business under a curfew.

Lol@your last sentence.

I can see where you are coming from. Maybe calling her the worst part of the show is misplaced from the outside in but looking at her character within the show itself I think she's be worst.

kehs

Banned
SKYSKY DIDNT BREAK HER VOWS OR HAVE AN AFFAIR, SHE HAD ALREADY GIVEN HIM DIVORCE PAPERS AND TOLD HIM TO FUCK OFF

But Walt did a great of convincing everyone including the audience, apparently, that it was infidelity.

No he didn't. The waitress was surprised that a man would drive from NH to Albuquerque so she asked if he was going to California. He said, "Nope. Here." "What's here?" "Business."

Oh, oops. Well yea, there we go.

SKYSKY DIDNT BREAK HER VOWS OR HAVE AN AFFAIR, SHE HAD ALREADY GIVEN HIM DIVORCE PAPERS AND TOLD HIM TO FUCK OFF

But Walt did a great of convincing everyone including the audience, apparently, that it was infidelity.

Oh, oops. Well yea, there we go.

By definition she broke her vows. That's actual fact. They weren't divorced. Unlike Skylar Walt still loved her and wanted to repair the marriage. He did an awful job but that's what he wanted nonetheless. Skylar reduced herself morally with her actions. Walt does it all the time intone show but so does Skylar

'she supports Hank the way a mate should' lol

I'm not even going to say anything. Anyone who puts skyler morally at par with waly because of "cheating" is stuck in the 1950s
By definition she broke her vows. That's actual fact. They weren't divorced. Unlike Skylar Walt still loved her and wanted to repair the marriage. He did an awful job but that's what he wanted nonetheless. Skylar reduced herself morally with her actions. Walt does it all the time intone show but so does Skylar

Good god lol

By definition she broke her vows. That's actual fact. They weren't divorced. Unlike Skylar Walt still love her and wanted to repair the marriage. He did an awful job but that's what he wanted nonetheless. Skylar reduced herself morally with her actions. Walt does it all the time intone show but so does Skylar

So if someone is in a divorce proceeding, which BTW can last 3 years or longer, and it's the 2nd year in court trying to get a divorce but not officially divorced, if either party sleeps with someone during that time they "broke the vows?"

lol. Sorry, but if you kick someone out of the house, tell them to sign divorce papers, the marriage is over at that moment. I don't care what's technically "official."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom