• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part Two - Sundays on AMC

Bandit1

Wasn't really impressed with that episode. The bunker's air system is out when they get down there basically killing off the all of the Native Americans and the people at the ranch except for Troy, Walker, and the guy Ofelia's hanging with. Way too contrived for me. Walker didn't even seem broken up about it. Practically all of his people died.

But from a character standpoint Alicia went through a ton of stuff this episode. Putting all those people down, almost suffocating while fighting zombies hand to hand, only to get out and find out that Jake's dead. Wonder how things will go for her out on her own.

Also glad we're going to the dam. I thought the ranch was a pretty good location for the show especially with the prepper mentality but I felt like they really didn't do much with it so I'm glad we're going somewhere else. Hopefully we'll be getting more Daniel there as well.

jond76

Banned
They could have at least had a couple other people wake up to get eaten. Stretching a bit that Alicia was the ONLY one to wake up.

Apart from that, I liked it.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Amazing how 1 min of her acting on FOTWD is better than that entire Friend Request flick.

Kaizer

Banned
I felt bad for Alicia this episode particularly, she had it rough and her reaction isn't all that surprising.

I just don't get the relationship between Troy and Nick. Nick has a lot of flaws but he's not a psychopath. Troy keeps getting passes that he just doesn't deserve. They saw the Manawa kid for what he was, don't get why they don't see Troy.

Otherwise I'm liking this season.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was a step down from last week, but still a solid episode. Loved how they poked fun at the franchise's often too-ponderous dialogue with the

"He was better than us. It's why he's gone. Good ones don't survive this world, only killers-"

"Shut up Troy. Your brother's dead because you brought a horde down on us. So why don't you quit jerking off about the tragedy of it and help me..."

exchange.

Also, I like that literally every single character has now gone off on their own personal sidequest except for Madison. :D

I was wondering about that too, haha. I'm assuming they left the grenade launcher behind in their rush to get Jake to the hospital, but they could always go back to retrieve it (unless the zombies are blocking the road, which I'm pretty sure they are come to think of it).

So apparently they had the grenade launcher with them all along. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Looks like it. Or some of the other people down there hadn't died or turned yet, and were just passed out.

That was my assumption as well. Still, it would have been nice to have seen some of the others wake up and get eaten. (like the old woman Alicia was with - they leave her down there, thinking she's already dead, but then she wakes up and finds herself alone and surrounded by zombies...)

Also not the best time for a heart to heart talk between Crazy Dog and Ofelia when they were in the vents.

That bugged me. It's like "I know we only have a tiny bit of air left, but before we get to a solution, let's have all these long motivational speeches and take our sweet time with everything in general first!"

bitbydeath

The writing is still awful, it’s like they’re just making it up as they go along without any foresight whatsoever.

1. Where have the guns gone? They certainly didn’t use any of them on the horde.

2. Where are the kid zombies? That place was packed full of them before they had run out of air.

3. Crazy dog and Ofelia talk aside I don’t buy it taking an hour or more to get from one side of the vents to the other.

4. Why did Nick shoot the grenade launcher in the middle of the camp? Why not use it to lure them away?

BizzyBum

I just don't get the relationship between Troy and Nick. Nick has a lot of flaws but he's not a psychopath. Troy keeps getting passes that he just doesn't deserve. They saw the Manawa kid for what he was, don't get why they don't see Troy.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they end up being lovers or some shit. lol

Ovid

I see Troy sacrificing himself for Nick.

He seems to have a lot of guilt for his brothers death.

The writing is still awful, it’s like they’re just making it up as they go along without any foresight whatsoever.

1. Where have the guns gone? They certainly didn’t use any of them on the horde.

2. Where are the kid zombies? That place was packed full of them before they had run out of air.

3. Crazy dog and Ofelia talk aside I don’t buy it taking an hour or more to get from one side of the vents to the other.

4. Why did Nick shoot the grenade launcher in the middle of the camp? Why not use it to lure them away?

The only answer to 4. is because it would have actually been smart. I mean... Troy lured them to the camp... with a grenade launcher. So um lure them away from the camp... with that same grenade launcher.

jm89

Why the fuck is troy still alive kill the psycopath already. Alicia doing a nick season 2 and will eventually go crying back to mommy after getting everybody in her new home killed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

They were shooting the zombies before their camp was completely overrun.

Both shows shy away from showing kid zombies. There have only been a couple instances of kid zombies in the 10 combined seasons of both shows.

They were shooting the zombies before their camp was completely overrun.

Both shows shy away from showing kid zombies. There have only been a couple instances of kid zombies in the 10 combined seasons of both shows.
10 seasons? Holy crap, I didn't realize. What am I doing with my life?!

_Nemo

This show is literally all over the place, and doesn't know how to do proper character growth. Yeah Alicia becomes this badass in a single episode and now feels is strong enough to go out surviving on her own? Even if she was, her rationale for not sticking together was weak as hell also.

"There is no safe place, stop pretending"
"Where will you go?"
"I know a place"

Wat?

I mean I get Carol's case, she was forced out into the wilderness, she didn't have a choice. But Alicia..they're just forcing her down this path of badassery without a proper rationale that just doesn't fit the character at this point.

TheDanger

Banned
so is this show better now? save for a few scenes here and there season 1 was well not very good imo, it picked up a little bit at the very end, but then it was over. Is season 2 very different from 1?

bitbydeath

so is this show better now? save for a few scenes here and there season 1 was well not very good imo, it picked up a little bit at the very end, but then it was over. Is season 2 very different from 1?

Season 2 dug deeper and became the worst season.

bitbydeath

This show is literally all over the place, and doesn't know how to do proper character growth. Yeah Alicia becomes this badass in a single episode and now feels is strong enough to go out surviving on her own? Even if she was, her rationale for not sticking together was weak as hell also.

"There is no safe place, stop pretending"
"Where will you go?"
"I know a place"

Wat?

I mean I get Carol's case, she was forced out into the wilderness, she didn't have a choice. But Alicia..they're just forcing her down this path of badassery without a proper rationale that just doesn't fit the character at this point.

It’s fine, she was Lexa after all.

tumblr_oegjl4dtMO1rc6qtgo1_500.gif

EulaCapra

Just caught up.

I'm speculating that Ofelia got bit when the vent Walker landed on her. She was just sitting quiet by herself on the car with the survivors. And previews make it seem she runs away from the group probably to avoid reaching her father while on the verge of becoming a zombie. And since we're close to the finale, it's probably gonna happen. Ugh. Just when they started to really do something with Ofelia.

Also, is Luciana still a series regular? She's had more dialogue in two episodes as a recurring character last year than a regular this year.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘The Walking Dead' Plans Crossover With ‘Fear The Walking Dead'

”There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name," Kirkman told the crowd of what has been a question fans have asked since prequel of sorts FearTWD debuted in the summer of 2015. ”This is a huge event in the world of The Walking Dead," he added of the crossover expected to occur in the next year.

Any guesses?

I think the current season of Fear the Walking Dead is, timeline wise, at around season 2 of The Walking Dead. Given that, I can't imagine we'll get any TWD characters on FtWD unless it's a minor character like Morales (#MoralesLives) or maybe someone like Jesus or Negan, who plausibly could have been around the US/Mexico border before they came to the Washington DC area. It's also possible that they're planning a time jump between seasons 3 and 4 of FtWD, which would bring it up to speed with TWD's current timeline, but a single character crossover still wouldn't make sense unless it was someone who's been off the show for quite some time (Heath?).

I think it's likelier that we'll see a FtWD character show up on TWD, which would mean a time jump for that character, not to mention that it would erase any tension for them on FtWD since everyone would know they survived the next few years - unless they're planning on moving that character over permanently... Ever since season 2, people have speculated that maybe Nick ends up as (comic spoilers)
a Whisperer, so maybe it's that? Or maybe the character will be a replacement for Magna?

(But then again, a TWD character crossover would theoretically give FtWD a boost in the ratings, but the opposite isn't really true, so...)

Bandit1

Hmmm... Not sure if I'm really a fan of that. I guess it depends on how they handle it. Really have no idea who it could be.

dustyherb

Watch it actually be Morales showing up in fear.
I think I would prefer tho if someone from fear comes over to the main show. Possibly show up (comic spoiler)]
as a whisperer like RatskyWatsky said. But they shouldn’t replace Magna. If anything just make them apart of her group.

Bandit1

Ahhh I had to look up Morales to remember who he was. That would actually be pretty cool and match up well with the timelines.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
”There is one character that is going to go from one show, that I will not name, to another show, that I will not name," he continued. ”Now, what does that mean? Because these timelines, like... how does that work? Are we going to see an interesting backstory of a Walking Dead character in Fear the Walking Dead? Or are we going to see a Fear the Walking Dead character show up in The Walking Dead and show a future version of the character?"

Are you fucking kidding me? Lol. This was the obvious thing to do, but I was hoping they wouldn't do it.

Lmao. Nothing like a good ball pin scare.

Sure is taking quite a while for the turn this time.

Eh, ok episode.

Leeness

Harsh episode.

And Nick, c’mon son.

However, it is my greatest wish in the Walking Dead universe to see Nick and Troy together right now. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

Bandit1

Solid episode. Was hoping Ofelia wasn't bitten, but that didn't work out. Tense moments with Daniel, Ofelia, and Madison. I was afraid Ofelia was going to come back and bite Daniel, and even feared for a second that Daniel was going to turn the gun on himself. Nick and Troy trippin'.

Promo spoils:
Looks like Strand gave up the location of the dam? For what?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
We all knew that the moment Nick became sober, a relapse was inevitable. Such is the way of drama. Him and Troy walking through the zombie crowd while high was a pretty cool moment.

Also, we were just talking about the lack of kid zombies, and then one pops up in the ball pit of the fast food place! Just when you thought you've seen everything!

I'm speculating that Ofelia got bit when the vent Walker landed on her. She was just sitting quiet by herself on the car with the survivors.

You were right! It personally never crossed my mind that she might be bitten, but it does make sense and it retroactively gives last week's episode a bit more heft. I'm curious to see what happens to Daniel now - he was pretty cold to everyone when he was under the impression that Ofelia was dead, so perhaps this will somehow cause him to thaw out a bit?

Holy shit, this show is brutal. I can't believe how quickly they're going through all of the cast members. Like this show is seriously not afraid to kill of its cast.

I feel like the crossover is a publicity stunt to get FTWD more viewers. It is pretty obvious that it is not doing great in the ratings department. I know that it has already been renewed for S4, but I wonder how long it will go on. It seems like there's such little buzz/hype about this show. I mean.... when the first show came on, Kirkman said there were no plans to have a crossover/connect the universe. FTWD ratings keep dwindling. What better way to try to boost the ratings than be like "Hey guys, the two shows really are connected! You're gonna see a character in both!"

It barely gets discussed on here. Every time there is a new episode, there is barely a new page of comments on here, and I never see anyone talking about it. Every time I see it on Facebook, it's just people talking shit about it, which is disheartening. It's not a phenomenal show, but I don't think it deserves all the backlash it gets. There is certainly worse television out there. I try not to read the comments anymore, but it's tiring seeing all the hate it gets.

I feel like season 3 has been pretty good/a definite improvement over the first two seasons.

Enforced

Good episode. I knew Ofelia will die. I saw that coming after the deal on bringing Ofelia to the dam. Like what Bandit1 said, I also was afraid would turn and bite Daniel or shoot himself. Can't wait for the finale.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
TVLINE | How long had you known Ofelia’s number was up?

If I remember correctly, I found out around Episode 10. [Showrunner Dave Erickson] is aware I was trying to start a family, and he’s heading off the show, so it was like, “Okay, a lot of things are going to be changing at the end of the season. If we maybe let Ofelia go, how dramatic can we make it?” With the fact that fans have been waiting for the reunion, I think there was something so tragically sad and beautiful about Daniel never actually getting to his daughter, then him being the one who actually has to put her down [lest she turn].

TVLINE | It sounds like you were very much a part of the conversation to kill off Ofelia.

I don’t know how much of a part, because I don’t know what they had in mind to begin with. Maybe Ofelia would have been taken out [under other circumstances]. But Dave and I had been talking about it for a while. We shoot in Mexico, and my husband needs to be in the same city for us to make a baby. Funny concept — he doesn’t want me to cheat, he wants it to be his biological baby. [Laughs] And we didn’t know where we would be shooting [Season 4]. They could have said, “Hey, you’re shooting in Morocco!” for crying out loud. So it made me a little bit nervous, because then I’d never see my husband, and it would push making a baby even further to the back burner. Obviously, I would have liked for Ofelia to make it to the end of Season 3, but I understand the beauty of her never being able to utter another word to her father.

Source

jm89

At this point i would be happy if they just killed everyone and started from scratch for next season, i don't like any of the characters anymore.

Travis was the last decent character he felt genuine. Nick and alicia are clueless and becoming unbearable to watch and madison is trying too hard to be a badass.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two hour finale is tonight!

Things Bad Begun/Sleigh Ride

In the Season 3 finale, Strand's motives are made clear when Nick discovers a new threat descending on the dam; Madison faces a horrifying revelation; and the Clark family is pushed to new extremes.

Top Bottom