• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part One - Sundays on AMC

has this show gotten any better?

I forced myself to finish season 1, and tried really hard to get through season 2 but I just couldn't.

the characters just pissed me off so much due to how stupid they are. the writing is so bad.

But I clicked on the last page of this thread and keep seeing "good episode"

are the characters better written now?

RS4-

It's a damn shame this thread is not doing numbers like the Walking Dead threads as damn near every episode this season has been better than most of what we have seen from Walking Dead for the past few years. Great episodes tonight.

Also, I'm sick of these shows going on hiatus for months.

I'm tired of core TWD, I haven't bothered to actually watch maybe the last 5-6 eps of the Negan garbage. Show was already getting zzz before he showed up.

Jabo

Pretty awesome mid season finale tbh. Madison's character development is kinda making me hate her now ugh.

Bandit1

I think the first half of this season has been pretty darn good. Finally found Ofelia, the flashbacks were good, showing just how bad of a guy Jeremiah is (was.) Actually kind of surprised they (the writers) decided to kill Jeremiah off this early. I was expecting him to be around all season. Strand finding the Abigail was cool, but would it be possible to talk to an cosmonaut on a radio like that? Not sure why he would burn the boat either. Wish they would have showed us what Daniel was up to as well.

I did find it odd that the anthrax killed probably ~90% of the people who drank the coffee but a few hours later Nick is out tearing up a floor and digging in the ground. I thought that could have been handled better even if it was just Nick saying "I only took a drink or two."

_Nemo

It was kinda weird seeing the Indians be so adamant about taking their land back, and then in the end making a lame deal to leave it alone at the price of a single dude's death, which is something they could've orchestrated themselves anyway without asking Madison to do it.

This season has been surprisingly good, imo. Really good mid-season finale even if they lost me at the end with Madison... IDK what the fuck is up with her, I can't really say I root for her of find her to be badass or anything. Madison mostly just confuses me.

Ovid

Pretty awesome mid season finale tbh. Madison's character development is kinda making me hate her now ugh.
This.

She's turning into a terrible person with no morals. Well, actually based on her past she was always terrible.
It's a damn shame this thread is not doing numbers like the Walking Dead threads as damn near every episode this season has been better than most of what we have seen from Walking Dead for the past few years. Great episodes tonight.

Also, I'm sick of these shows going on hiatus for months.
They can't compete with GoT.

TBH, I'd stop watching if they didn't go into hiatus.

Ovid

am I supposed to be rooting for the enemy team?

Nick is the main character of this series now.
Wait, who's the enemy?

I see the ranch as the enemy. I would like Nick and Alicia to get out of there and just let the Natives take it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
This.

She's turning into a terrible person with no morals. Well, actually based on her past she was always terrible.

She's female Rick, except where we see Rick actually turn evil through what happens to him on screen, here they have her tell a story instead. lol

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
the flashbacks were good

Yeah, I really dug Ofelia's flashback.

Not sure why he would burn the boat either.

Dave Erickson said:
We wanted to put Strand in a place where his destruction of the Abigail is understanding that the world has truly ended, and civilization is dead. It's forced him into a decision for how to move forward. The strange irony with the cosmonaut is there's still a hopeful element to him. The world is still turning. There's still the possibility of survival. For Strand, I think it was burying Thomas. It's the end of any mourning and grief he has. It was a catharsis, a goodbye to the past and anything that connected him to the old world. It was a far-out pitch, and I really think Jami wrote the hell out of it.

Wish they would have showed us what Daniel was up to as well.

Season 3.B!

It was kinda weird seeing the Indians be so adamant about taking their land back, and then in the end making a lame deal to leave it alone at the price of a single dude's death, which is something they could've orchestrated themselves anyway without asking Madison to do it.

The story featuring the Natives isn't over. Their leader, Qaletqa Walker, will be a major presence in the back half of the season.

bitbydeath

Much better than the disaster that was season 2.

I'm also glad Jake and Troy are still around, the show was in need of new blood, although I'm surprised Troys eye healed as well as it did, I thought he'd lose it for sure after what Madison had done.

Speaking of I wish she had pulled the same move on Ofelia instead of using the gun, could have been her staple hostage move.

Here's hoping the next half has a decent story as well.

Not sure I understand what went down exactly at the end. So Nick shoots Jeremiah and Maddison says something like "do exactly what I say", which was what? Then Jeremiahs kids come in and don't question Nick or Maddison? They are like cool, let's bury him then. Was it staged to be a suicide or something or were his kids in on the idea? If staged for suicide, why did Maddison say that when they are both in the room with dead Jeremiah?

Maddison is actually starting to grow on me. Used to thing she was just being a tryhard Rick but she's starting to do her own thing in my eyes

RS4-

Not sure I understand what went down exactly at the end. So Nick shoots Jeremiah and Maddison says something like "do exactly what I say", which was what? Then Jeremiahs kids come in and don't question Nick or Maddison? They are like cool, let's bury him then. Was it staged to be a suicide or something or were his kids in on the idea? If staged for suicide, why did Maddison say that when they are both in the room with dead Jeremiah?

Maddison is actually starting to grow on me. Used to thing she was just being a tryhard Rick but she's starting to do her own thing in my eyes

...lol I read this post and didn't realize I missed the ep. When people were talking about mid season finale, I thought it was when Nick was on the ground.

Whoops!

...lol I read this post and didn't realize I missed the ep. When people were talking about mid season finale, I thought it was when Nick was on the ground.

Whoops!

Sorry dude, I made the same mistake until I read a post mentioning a two parter and swiftly left

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Dave Erickson said:
The death of Otto, and that secret, because at the end of the day, there's something of a Clarke family conspiracy; they murdered this man, rightly or wrongly, and they've kept that from the sons and from the ranch. The notion as we move into the back half of the season is that there's a party line, that Otto took his life because he knew it would ensure the Nation would not invade and destroy everything. To a certain degree, he's seen as a hero. That's a burden Nick is going to suffer. One of the big thematics of the season is violence, when is it used, and how do you justify using it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Season 3.B trailer

Also, even though they ruled this out a few years ago,

Kirkman teased a crossover between the original show and the spin-off. “It something we’d like to do eventually,” the EP said but acknowledged the big time span difference between the shows.

looks like they're seriously mulling a crossover at some point.

Top Bottom