• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part One - Sundays on AMC

Just caught this; man doing the same crap as TWD and suddenly the zombies have greater strength and do shit like hide in walls.

I doubt the zombie itself decided to go and hide in the wall, lol probably a human hiding who died in there and turned.

harSon

Banned
I actually really really enjoyed the two part opener, but Travis' death sunk my hype quite a bit. I thought he was finally starting to shine without his dipshit son to drag him down.

Theorry

So Travis is dead? Just started the episode. Because if thats true i will stop right away and they can fuck off.

So Travis is dead? Just started the episode. Because if thats true i will stop right away and they can fuck off.

He left because he got roles in the Avatar movies for the next several years. You can hate the writers for many things, but letting someone go onto better things who probably had a contract with you shouldn't one of them.

But yes, he dead.

Just caught this; man doing the same crap as TWD and suddenly the zombies have greater strength and do shit like hide in walls.

I took it as since the "lab" seemed to be a basement/below ground level, that the zombies that Nick let into the sewer area got in that way. That's why there was all the rats too. After all, zombies raiding the camp started coming out of the buildings. How did they get in there? I thought it made sense it was all the zombies from the sewer

Natiko

Banned
Just watched the premiere. Yikes, still as inconsistent as ever. This show is even more unbelievable than TWD proper. Also a bummer to have Travis bite it and not the dumbass son.

riotous

Banned
I doubt the zombie itself decided to go and hide in the wall, lol probably a human hiding who died in there and turned.

Fine ignore the hiding part; the zombie still punched through the wall and full on grabbed the guy and pulled him up into a small hole. Zombies in this episode exhibited strength we've never seen in either part of the TWD universe; they go in and out from being a threat in general.. in one episode they'll slice through 100 zombies easily and then in another a few zombies coming at them suddenly becomes overwhelming. It gets old.

Fine ignore the hiding part; the zombie still punched through the wall and full on grabbed the guy and pulled him up into a small hole. Zombies in this episode exhibited strength we've never seen in either part of the TWD universe; they go in and out from being a threat in general.. in one episode they'll slice through 100 zombies easily and then in another a few zombies coming at them suddenly becomes overwhelming. It gets old.

Not arguing any of that. Just saying why I think the zombie was in there.

Though the inconsistencies don't bother me. They've been around and they've been horrible since the early episodes of TWD.

BizzyBum

Usually when people say they are done with a show it's mostly hyperbole complimented with the whole "see you next week" meme but GAF wasn't lying on this one.

New episode of a new season and it gets 7 replies. Like damn...

Bandit1

I liked the episode quite a bit. It seems like with most post-apocalyptic shows it's always a group of inexperienced people "learning to adapt to the new world" and I've always thought it would be interesting to have a prepper-type character in TWD who was pretty much ready from the start. So I'm really enjoying Jeremiah's character.

And Daniel's back!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

A mysterious character searches for purpose and soon becomes tied to the struggle over a key resource in the apocalypse.

The guest stars on tonight's Talking Dead are:

Drew Scott (Property Brothers) and two surprise guests!

Great episode.

People missing out not watching this season. Maybe it's just me but I feel like Its such a huge step up compared to the previous seasons and TWD.

Neo_Geo

Banned
I'm still hella salty with how much potential they wasted with season 1. I wanted to see shit go down.. Not "7 days later" or whatever they did with him hanging in the pool..

Same. I expected to see an entire first season with the first 24-72 hours of the initial infestation. Was extremely disappointed.

Bandit1

Thought it was a good episode. I liked how it was about 90% Spanish speaking. It was pretty sad seeing Daniel say "forgive me" (again) and seeing him be the torturer again. But he went John Wick on them in the end!

I have enjoyed the first three episodes this season.

For me though, I think the show is getting in a bad habit of establishing a character that you think is going to turn out to be the first real "villain" of the series, and then killing that person off an episode or two later. I guess we'll see what happens with whoever shot the helicopter down though.

Prediction:
Troy kills his Dad and Brother to take over the ranch in the season finale. Obviously setting him up as the villain next season.

RS4-

I have enjoyed the first three episodes this season.

For me though, I think the show is getting in a bad habit of establishing a character that you think is going to turn out to be the first real "villain" of the series, and then killing that person off an episode or two later. I guess we'll see what happens with whoever shot the helicopter down though.

Prediction:
Troy kills his Dad and Brother to take over the ranch in the season finale. Obviously setting him up as the villain next season.

The good brother cracks and actually turns on Troy, Dad, and everyone else!

Bandit1

It was a fun episode, but Daniel's luck is some nonsense. The zombie getting shocked by lightning was bs.

I thought it was okay, kind of like a God moment where Daniel feels like he deserves to die and God says, "Not yet." That and the hammer and nail were some cool zombie kills I thought.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I thought it was okay, kind of like a God moment where Daniel feels like he deserves to die and God says, "Not yet." That and the hammer and nail were some cool zombie kills I thought.

It reminded me of the tornado sequence in season 5 of The Walking Dead.

LQX

Wow, this season has been amazing so far and I think big reason has to do with the father and especially the son being dead.

Enforced

Just watched this few hours ago. The writing in this episode is great. I really like the exchange between Daniel and Efrain in the torture room.
Daniel: "Forgive me"
Efrain: "Again?"

The scene when the zombie got hit by the lighting was random lol

MaKTaiL

Just watched this few hours ago. The writing in this episode is great. I really like the exchange between Daniel and Efrain in the torture room.
Daniel: "Forgive me"
Efrain: "Again?"

The scene when the zombie got hit by the lighting was random lol

The lighting was a way of telling Daniel that he can't die yet. The universe still has plans for him.

Not gonna read the comments because I'm only getting caught up to episode two lol. But Holy shit what an opening scene. Travis was a good dude.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Burning in Water, Drowning in Flame

A new threat reveals itself to Madison and Troy as they search for answers. Elsewhere, Alicia must reconcile with her past decisions.

Bandit1

Pretty solid episode I thought. The opening was great. Called the romance between Alicia and the Otto son a few weeks back. Nice to see some Native American actors/characters too. Seems like even with the push for diversity Native American characters are hardly ever seen outside of period pieces.

Top Bottom