• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part One - Sundays on AMC

cr0w

Old Member
I must have missed it, what was that stomach wound on Travis? The way the scene was shot I couldn't tell exactly what happened.

Did he really just leave them outside after all that?

Heh, the cars made it but not the chopper lol.

That's not looking promising Strand.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I must have missed it, what was that stomach wound on Travis? The way the scene was shot I couldn't tell exactly what happened.

He got shot in the neck, went into shock and opened his seatbelt and chopper door while in shock and fell to his death.

cr0w

Old Member
He got shot in the neck, went into shock and opened his seatbelt and chopper door while in shock and fell to his death.

Yeah I saw the neck shot, they panned down to his stomach and I thought there was something else going on, like he had more wounds or something. Seemed like they were showing us something else, but maybe not.

Thanks.

I think he showed her some kind of wound too, but not sure now.

How long until this brother is also revealed to be shit? lol

Hmm, maybe not, he did give her a gun.

Bandit1

Yeah I saw the neck shot, they panned down to his stomach and I thought there was something else going on, like he had more wounds or something. Seemed like they were showing us something else, but maybe not.

Thanks.

It looked like he had a gut wound to me too.

Kicking him out and with no vehicle. That went well.

They're setting him up to be Alicia's love interest. Calling it now.

Yeah, gotta go with that.

Well, I'm gonna go on record and say that Travis is still alive, somehow.

Agreed, not doubting it until we see zombie Travis lol. But yeah surviving that fall would be pretty ridiculous.

Edit: She's totally going to kill herself isn't she?
Yep.

Don't see how they could explain surviving that fall, but I will say as it was happening I thought it was a dream sequence.

Yeah, I thought he was going to wake up at some point during that. Especially with how the sound design was in the scene.

Had to watch Leftovers, just starting. Hope it's good.

Edit: Well shit, should have just waited to post after I finished the episode. Ah well.

Well there it is.

Yeah, those were some pretty packed two episodes.

Edit: Oh so that shot actually went entirely through him, daaamn. That wasn't even from the pit. Shit.

Well there it is.
Not that he could have survived that fall anyway.

Yeah, those were some pretty packed two episodes.

Edit: Oh so that shot actually went entirely through him, damn. That wasn't even from the pit. Shit.

Yeah, didn't even consider that but it makes sense, right through him. I like it.

Bandit1

Talking Dead Cliff says Travis unbuckled and opened the door to fall so his zombie self wouldn't hurt anyone else.

Story guy says Travis for sure dead, bullet came through the floor of the chopper, entered his stomach and exited his neck. So there was indeed a gut wound.

Talking Dead Cliff says Travis unbuckled and opened the door to fall so his zombie self wouldn't hurt anyone else.

Story guy says Travis for sure dead, bullet came through the floor of the chopper, entered his stomach and exited his neck. So there was indeed a gut wound.

Yup, I like that they also used his sons death as a reason to kill him off, he promised to protect Chris and with him gone, he's no longer vital to the story. I'm sure it wasn't planned like that and has more to do with the fact that he signed on to do Avatar for the next 50 years so they let him go. But it's a good explanation either way.

Man these military dudes are assholes.

Edit: Well damn, that herd at the end of the sewer.

Travis is a badass

Holy shit that kill from behind the walls

First half was really good.

Travis kicked so much ass in that zombie pit. He slaughtered every single one of them.

LOL Cliff "I just want to slap his face" "Or stick a spoon in his eye" again.

Yeah, I think most of the audience feels that way about asshole Troy.

Man these military dudes are assholes.

Yep!

Bandit1

Forgot to mention I really liked some of the overhead shots they did. The opening scene when they're being dragged to the base and their shadows are outstretched behind them, and then later with the horde surrounding the helicopter.

SURGEdude

Of all the people to kill they picked Travis. Jesus, it's like the show is just trolling the audience at this point.

starmud

This show gets worse and worse lol

I started to have some hope over last season but this premier was trash. The military bit was all over the place and hardly gave any resolutions. we have a super human zombie though and secret tests.

The helicopter scene was garbage. Watch Travis survive somehow lol

Big Chungus

Watch Travis survive the fall...the people shooting at the helicopter probably find him hanging from a tree and patch him up...then we find out the military/ranch people are bad and all hell breaks loose....

SURGEdude

This show gets worse and worse lol

I started to have some hope over last season but this premier was trash. The military bit was all over the place and hardly gave any resolutions. we have a super human zombie though and secret tests.

The helicopter scene was garbage. Watch Travis survive somehow lol

The first episode was really tonally inconsistent too. Like half the character motivations made no sense even by the low standards of TWD and FTWD.

Lol, the only reason I was even tempted to watch this season was to see how Travis changed after killing the guys that killed Chris.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That was actually a pretty solid two-parter. Hopefully they can maintain that pace over the next 5 weeks.

Random thoughts:

Holy shit, I did not expect them to kills Travis! Especially like that! I guess it makes sense that they'd eventually kill him off though - he signed on as a lead in all 4 Avatar sequels and there's no way he could have stayed on the show and done the movies at the same time. They definitely could have killed him later in the season though, since filming of the Avatar movies doesn't begin until early next year, but they had an opportunity to kill him in an unexpected way and they went for it.

The spoon thing was totally an homage to the Michonne x Governor bit from the comic :D

The rat wall kill was creepy and brutal.

I wonder what will become of Strand now? I suppose he could just happen across the ranch since he has a car...

Don't see how they could explain surviving that fall, but I will say as it was happening I thought it was a dream sequence.

Same. I was thinking that Alicia was having a nightmare.

Ah, I see. I figured he had been wounded from either the pit or the previous shootout.

Bandit1

The rat wall kill was creepy and brutal.

I wonder what will become of Strand now? I suppose he could just happen across the ranch since he has a car...

Same. I was thinking that Alicia was having a nightmare.

Yeah, I forgot to mention the through-the-wall zombie kill. That was messed up. I don't remember seeing one zombie have that much strength. Thing pulled him straight through the wall and snapped his neck back at a 90 degree angle. Dude deserved it though. XD

Will be interesting to see where Strand goes with the Jag. I'm guessing he'll head for the boarder and then through some stroke of luck end up with Madison, Nick, and Alicia. They didn't even show Ofelia. Who wants to bet the guy that kidnapped her last season is part of the ranch?

And that's exactly what I thought too. That it was Alicia's dream, not Travis'.

RIP Travis you weren't hot but you were awesome!

Cliff+Curtis+Live+Free+or+Die+Hard.jpg

That's a good looking man.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
L+SD Ratings

Season 3

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating

The premiere was up slightly from last season's finale in total viewers, down slightly in the demo.

Travis' death was very unexpected and not appreciated. I actually did see something between Stand & Madison but I liked Travis, disappointing to see him gone

riotous

Banned
Just caught this; man doing the same crap as TWD and suddenly the zombies have greater strength and do shit like hide in walls.

_Nemo

This show just shot itself in the foot. I don't how much the rest of you know about- Ok I'll stop, but seriously talk about squandering your own potential.

Top Bottom