• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear the Walking Dead - Season Three, Part One - Sundays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Fear the Walking Dead returns on Sunday, June 4 at 9/8c. The third season consists of 16 episodes - the first half of the season will air across six weeks, with a two episode premiere and a two episode mid season finale. The back half of the season will air later this summer.

The series has already been renewed for a fourth season, to air in the summer of 2018. Current showrunner Dave Erickson will be stepping down to develop new series for AMC and will be replaced by Andrew Chambliss (Once Upon a Time, Dollhouse) and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time, Dead of Summer). Additionally, Scott Gimple, showrunner of The Walking Dead, will board the series as an executive producer.

AMC said:
About the Show

Living in the same universe as The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead is a gritty drama that explores the onset of the undead apocalypse through the lens of a fractured family.

As the series returns for season 3, the families will be brought together in the vibrant and violent ecotone of the U.S.-Mexico border. International lines done away with following the world's end, the characters must attempt to rebuild not only society, but family as well.

Madison has reconnected with Travis, her apocalyptic partner, but Alicia has been fractured by her murder of Andres.

Mere miles from his mother, Nick's first action as a leader saw Luciana ambushed by an American militia group — the couple escaped death, but Nick no longer feels immortal.

Recovering both emotionally and physically, Strand has his sights set on harnessing the new world's currency, and Ofelia's captivity will test her ability to survive and see if she can muster the savagery of her father.

Cast

• Madison's search for Nick takes her into the United States. What she discovers offers her family hope but demands sacrifice, and blood will be shed.
  • The apocalypse has consumed and broken Travis. But will it now build him back up?
  • Shaken after murdering Andres to defend Travis, Alicia has lost her future and needs someone or something to blame.

• Nick's first action as a leader led everyone into a trap, and their deadly encounter with a militia group has scattered members of the Colonia throughout Tijuana.
  • Luciana starts questioning her future and it will fall on Nick to bolster her and convince her that she needs to fight, to survive – because of what she's lost.
  • Since the outbreak, Lola Guerrero has become something of a saint to the people of her city, administering to masses, struggling to provide medicine for the sick and dying.

• Calculating his next moves amongst the community of hotel refugees, Strand remains true to his word to Madison when they parted: He is going to survive.
  • Ofelia proves to be a survivor equal to her father. Free of her parents and the burden they once represented, but trapped with those not her family, Ofelia chose a different path.
  • The fate of Daniel Salazar remains unknown.

• A patriotic border militiaman that railed against the region's cartel violence and illegal immigration, Otto always expected the fall of democracy – he didn't plan on the rise of the Dead.
  • The first born of a border militiaman who spent his life preparing for the fall of democracy, Jake is the scion of a prepper family with mixed feelings about his father's militant philosophy.
  • The youngest son of Jeremiah Otto, Troy has embraced the violence of the apocalypse. He would kill to protect his father, his family, and his people – and often does.

Videos

Links

Promo Photos

tLPPHEO.jpg

YfyMXMb.jpg

HvgwEt0.jpg

8sVP9QV.jpg

tnz1iC4.jpg

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1: 10.1 million viewers and a 4.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 8.2 million viewers and a 4.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 7.2 million viewers and a 3.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 6.6 million viewers and a 3.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 6.9 million viewers and a 3.4 A18-49 rating

Season Two:

Episode 1: 6.7 million viewers and a 3.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2: 5.6 million viewers and a 2.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 3: 4.7 million viewers and a 2.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4: 4.8 million viewers and a 2.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5: 4.4 million viewers and a 2.0 A18-49 rating
Episode 6: 4.5 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 7: 4.4 million viewers and a 1.9 A18-49 rating
Episode 8: 3.9 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 9: 3.7 million viewers and a 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 10: 3.0 million viewers and 1.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 11: 3.4 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 12: 3.6 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 13: 3.5 million viewers and 1.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 14: 3.7 million viewers and 1.6 A18-49 rating
Episode 15: 3.0 million viewers and 1.3 A18-49 rating

Season Three:

Episode 1: 3.1 million viewers and 1.2 18-49 rating
Episode 2: 2.7 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 3: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 4: 2.4 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 5: 2.5 million viewers and 1.0 18-49 rating
Episode 6: 2.2 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating
Episode 7: 2.6 million viewers and 0.9 18-49 rating
Episode 8: 2.4 million viewers and 0.8 18-49 rating

Holy shit at those plummeting ratings :eek:

I love The Walking Dead but haven't checked out this series yet. It's not nearly as good as the original show, right?

Sunster

I loved S1 it was so fresh and new. A totally different setting and situation than TWD. S2 though, it's now just TWD with different people and different place. So I get the ratings drop..

I'm still hella salty with how much potential they wasted with season 1. I wanted to see shit go down.. Not "7 days later" or whatever they did with him hanging in the pool..

I'll still watch, but last season was not great. Get back on a boat and go to Hawaii.

Hydrargyrus

Last season was an absolutely disaster. They need to improve the writing for this season if they don't want to see how the audience goes even lower

idonteven

they made a huge mistake with not showing how shit went down the first season

now its just a worse version of the walking dead

:(

Daffy Duck

I'll mirror what everyone else has said here, it's turned into a bit of a car crash to be honest.

Pretty much all of the characters I don't care about as they all seem one dimensional, my favourite characters are Strand and Nick.

As also mentioned it really is just a worse version of the walking dead, so much wasted potential.

Sunster

I'm still hella salty with how much potential they wasted with season 1. I wanted to see shit go down.. Not "7 days later" or whatever they did with him hanging in the pool..

I'll still watch, but last season was not great. Get back on a boat and go to Hawaii.

We all wanted to see that since S1 of TWD and they had their chance again here.... But they went with a time jump to a camp... Just like TWD, I bet all we'll see is camp hopping.

After last season you'd have to pay me to keep up with this, especially with the actual Walking Dead collapsing as well.

The premise of S1 is actually far more interesting than Walking Dead but they fucked that up.
Boat in a zombie apocalypse was interesting but they screwed that up as well.
Lastly girl from the plane miniseries was interesting and look how that turned out.

This show is the biggest mess I have ever seen.

Setting is so bland as well even compared to TWD, get on a boat and go around the Pacific or something.
I'd even take TWD:Asia.

or go back to the outbreak somewhere else.

Zomba13

I don't mean to shit on the series but I dropped it a halfway through Season 2. I liked Season 1, I liked seeing how people reacted and dealt with the outbreak and how these people went from their normal lives to becoming survivors. By the time I was done with it though it was just TWD with other people. And I like TWD, but a big part of that at this point is the characters and wanting to see what they do next, will they survive, how do they deal with this new setback in this new world. I just didn't want TWD: Gaiden, I just wanted TWD:Origins, which I got and enjoyed.

Strand was cool though. And I like how quickly Nick adapted, it felt like he "got" it and stopped trying to act like everything was the same as it was.

phaonaut

They highway stuff in season 1 was really interesting, showed how vague things could be until it was too late to react. Really too bad we didn't get more of that.

_Nemo

Lol can't believe they renewed for S4 already. They must feel pretty confident but I see the ratings dropping to below 2M unless this season is flawless.

Also going with 16 episode seasons right off the bat after season 1 was a mistake. TWD already suffers from 16ep seasons, FTWD with much less going on will make it an even bigger drag.

Why can't these shows just be shorter seasons with more happening per episode.

jelly

It must be dirt cheap to make and the format allows them to drag out seasons in easy locations.

They left the hotel right, I'm struggling to remember even with the OP.

big_z

Lol can't believe they renewed for S4 already. They must feel pretty confident but I see the ratings dropping to below 2M unless this season is flawless.

Also going with 16 episode seasons right off the bat after season 1 was a mistake. TWD already suffers from 16ep seasons, FTWD with much less going on will make it an even bigger drag.

Why can't these shows just be shorter seasons with more happening per episode.

season 4? really? I could see a 8 part season 3 to wrap up the show but honestly it needs to be cancelled.

I'm not gonna sit around and bitch about the show but still hate watch it. But no thanks, I'm out. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....uhhhh...shame on me. But fool me THREE times? Can't get fooled again.

Oni Jazar

Last season was so boring. This US Mexico border setting is just atrocious and I'm sick of the main guy always covered in zombie guts. I'm out this season unless I hear it's completely different.

Such wasted potential with this show. We didn't need a "Walking Dead: West". We needed what the first season partially showed us, a series set during the fall. They spent that all in one season and did it poorly at that.

Indelible

Season 1 was very intriguing but it felt like they had no real direction in Season 2, just another version of The Walking Dead with less interesting characters. Hopefully they can turn it around in Season 3.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

FtWD was a top 5 cable show last year. Ratings have dropped but they're still in a very healthy range.

Also going with 16 episode seasons right off the bat after season 1 was a mistake.

15, technically :p

Sunster

Such wasted potential with this show. We didn't need a "Walking Dead: West". We needed what the first season partially showed us, a series set during the fall. They spent that all in one season and did it poorly at that.

they had glimmers of good tv in s1. some of those scenes in early eps really were kinda scary. riot scenes and highway scene come to mind. they could have easily done 2 whole seasons of the fall of civilization. instead we time jump to a peaceful camp, run to a boat, now we are in Mexico where the world is a mirror image of TWD.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I dropped out during the Season 2 mid-season break. I wasn't even hating the show or anything, just didn't have a desire to pick it back up. Very tempted to just power through the back half so I can see where the show is at now

Did anyone actually like Season 2? lol

Bandit1

This show has been a disappoinment to me. I liked season 1 for the most part, but I wish they hadn't done the time jump about halfway through. And then season 2 just totally went the wrong way I think. Felt like we'd been in the zombie apocalypse for much longer than the timeline depicts. Skilled melee kills, Nick and a lot of others covering themselves with walker blood, fully organized communities, etc. I don't know. Anyway still in for Season 3.

Sunster

I dropped out during the Season 2 mid-season break. I wasn't even hating the show or anything, just didn't have a desire to pick it back up. Very tempted to just power through the back half so I can see where the show is at now

Did anyone actually like Season 2? lol

to be fair, s2 of twd was also incredibly boring

sturmdogg

I had such high hopes for this series. Seeing the collapse of civilization at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse sounded awesome. They had to fuck it up with stupid drama about not telling the kids and shit.

Weren't the FTWD cast supposed to hook up with the main TWD show at some point?

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two hour premiere is tonight!

Eye of the Beholder/The New Frontier

In the Season 3 premiere, the Clark family find themselves in a dire predicament and must work together to discover a path to safety; and Strand faces resistance as he attempts to hold power over his domain

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I don't know why I'm still watching this, other than for Alycia. I guess that's a good enough reason as any.

I told myself I was going to drop this but I'm rethinking since there is nothing on TV right now.

I think my best bet is the just binge when the season is over if I get bored enough.

SURGEdude

The first season had some much potential and a few glimpses of inspiration. Then season 2 just shat all over any hope I had. I'll give this new season a shot in part because there isn't much else on, but I'm not expecting much.

Just got to see I really support this show Season 2 was a massive step up and was way better than season 6 of the main show or Season 2 of the main show too. Looking forward to how this season plays out.

Dude, you're surprised when you're brother's a monster and you let him out of your sight.

Edit: Well at least asshole #2 is a dead shit. Hahaha died like a fucking moron too!

LOL and now he gets a "hero moment". And they're split up heh.

Top Bottom