• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Turn: Washington's Spies - The fourth and final season - Saturdays on AMC

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

'TURN: Washington's Spies' takes viewers into the stirring and treacherous world of the Revolutionary War and introduces Abraham Woodhull who, after aligning with a group of childhood friends, forms the Culper Ring -- America's first spy ring.

The 10-episode final season picks up with notorious traitor Benedict Arnold taking his revenge on George Washington by rounding up suspected rebel spies to impress his new British commanders. Meanwhile, Woodhull and the other members of the Culper Ring escape Arnold's clutches, and unintended consequences compel Abe to seek revenge. For his side to prevail, he must forsake his bloodlust and turn his attention toward the one thing that truly matters: winning the war.

The fourth and final season premieres on Saturday, July 17 at 9/8c.

The first three seasons are available for streaming on Netflix.

Cast

GBODggC.gif

• Jamie Bell as Abraham Woodhull
  • Daniel Henshall as Caleb Brewster
  • Meegan Warner as Mary Woodhull
  • Seth Numrich as Ben Talmadge
  • Heather Lind as Anna Strong
  • Angus Macfadyen as Robert Rogers
  • Kevin McNally as Judge Richard Woodhull
  • Samuel Roukin as Lt. John Simcoe
  • Burn Gorman as Major Hewlett
  • Ian Kahn as General George Washington
  • Owain Yeoman as Benedict Arnold
  • Ksenia Solo as Peggy Shippen
  • Nick Westrate as Robert Townsend
  • Idara Victor as Abigail
  • John Carroll Lynch as James Rivington
  • Ian Kahn as General George Washington
  • Owain Yeoman as Benedict Arnold
  • Ksenia Solo as Peggy Shippen
  • Nick Westrate as Robert Townsend
  • Idara Victor as Abigail
  • Aldis Hodge as Akinbode
  • John Carroll Lynch as James Rivington

Videos and Links

Season 4 Trailer
Season 4 Teaser
A Look at the Final Season With the Cast and Creators
Spy Tools of the American Revolution

Photos

zHBKWXF.jpg

L+SD Ratings

Season One:

Episode 1 - 2.12 million 0.5 A18-49
Episode 2 - 1.87 million 0.6 A18-49
Episode 3 - 1.40 million 0.4 A18-49
Episode 4 - 1.29 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 5 - 1.23 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 6 - 1.08 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 7 - 1.09 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 8 - 1.39 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 9 - 1.16 million 0.3 A18-49
Episode 10 - 1.60 million 0.4 A18-49

Season Two:

Episode 1 & 2 - 827K 0.2 A19-49
Episode 3 - 865K 0.2 A19-49
Episode 4 - 591K 0.1 A18-49
Episode 5 - 631K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 6 - 741K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 7 - 760K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 8 - 723K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 9 - 883K 0.2 A18-49
Episode 10 - 933K 0.3 A18-49

Season Three:

Episode 1 - 471K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 458K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 580K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 504K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 603K 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 591K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 599K 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 572K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 9 - 614K 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 10 - 665K 0.2 A18-49 rating

Season Four:

Episode 1 - 664K 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 541K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 651K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 676K 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 637K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 603K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 545K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 597K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 9 - 643K 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 10 - 746K 0.2 A18-49 rating

AoM

Only 30 episodes so far? Might catch up.

Is there a point in the show where you're either on board or you should jump ship?

Simcoe is one of the greatest characters of all time. Even at my best I'm only 1% of the complete asshole he is. Truly a joy to watch.

Qvoth

oh i thought it ended since feels like it's been a while since season 3, good to hear it's getting 1 more
it's pretty decent

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The two hour season premiere is tonight!

Spyhunter General/The Black Hole of Calcutta

In the Season 4 premiere, Benedict Arnold rounds up spies in New York; and Abe plots to destroy essential British supplies, but he will need his father's help. Then, when one of the Culper Ring members is captured, Arnold seeks to interrogate him with the help of a ruthless Col. Simcoe.

Simcoe was heavenly in this episode. You do you, you glorious bastard. I can't wait to see what he does now that he knows about Woodhull.

Boogie9IGN

Watching right now! Watched the season finale of 3 last night again to get refresh my memory and it's still great

Oh shit yall
942637f42b2a69419042a074eaed540c.gif

HERCULES MULLIGANNNNNNNN

Bandit1

Dang that episode was intense. Totally didn't expect Abe's dad to go out like that... When the ambush was about to start I was like - eh, the main characters will be fine. Then the Judge takes one to the head. :(
I really hope Abe is the one to kill Simcoe after Simcoe set up the ambush.

Akinbode saved Abe but took the money and run. Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Yeah, that certainly played out the opposite of how I initially expected it to. RIP Daddy Woodhull :/

Very curious to see what going to happen to Peggy now that her relationship with Benedict Arnold exploded.

Great episode.

I love final seasons, because crazy stuff like main characters getting killed off can happen. Simcoe stirring shit up between BA and his wife had me laughing. He's such a snake.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Private Woodhull

Seeking revenge against Simcoe, Abe travels to New York and meets Benedict Arnold. Meanwhile, a visitor from Anna's past comes to the continental camp.

Tonight marks the half way point of the season!

Bandit1

Dang, Peggy on board to take Arnold down but Abe's going to turn his attention on Simcoe and Arnold will get away...

Damn good episode. This show is having a great final season so far. It's so weird that there's better TV on Saturday than Sunday right now.

Bandit1

Pretty intense episode! Thought Simcoe was going to go down this episode, he's in pretty bad shape at least. Caleb got his mojo back. Everything's coming together on the intelligence front, well except for Abe being taken for a Brit by the French.

Two to go!

Bandit1

It's kind of BS that Simcoe didn't die, but I guess there's no harm in dragging it out for another episode or two.

Next week promo spoilers:
They showed Hewlett standing over Simcoe with a knife, so maybe each character gets a uh, stab at him. Brewster with the shot, Abe pushing him off the edge, Hewlett with the knife.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The penultimate episode is tonight!

Reckoning

After receiving Abe's intel, Washington heads south to lay siege on Yorktown; Abe volunteers for the Continental Army; and Peggy goes into labor.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Exciting stuff this week. Even though I wanted Simcoe to die last week, I'm actually glad that Hewlett decided to take the high road in the end. Felt more in character for Hewlett to do that than killing him would have.

Boogie9IGN

Watching the battle of Yorktown/surrender with little things like attacking the redoubts at night with bayonets, playing Yankee Doodle and Rochambeau refusing the sword gave me such a history boner. Love this show <3

BFIB

Great episode, Simcoe landing on those bricks made me cringe hard. Damn shame it's ending soon, along with Halt and Catch Fire.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The series finale is tonight!

Washington's Spies

In the series finale, the American War of Independence comes to an end, as America struggles to begin; and there's a settling of accounts between shadows and spies.

The series finale is tonight!
Raise a glass to freedom

Exciting stuff this week. Even though I wanted Simcoe to die last week, I'm actually glad that Hewlett decided to take the high road in the end. Felt more in character for Hewlett to do that than killing him would have.
Plus, I think being shown mercy from both Hewlett and Abe is a worse fate than death for him. Although, Abe did it for more practical reasons over moral, it seemed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I think they should have aired the final two episodes back to back, because the finale itself was a bit dull. All of the climaxes took place in the penultimate episode, so it was a bit odd that they aired the wrap up as its own thing. Still, it did a pretty darn good job overall of wrapping everything up. I don't think they could have done a better finale, to be honest.

Plus, I think being shown mercy from both Hewlett and Abe is a worse fate than death for him. Although, Abe did it for more practical reasons over moral, it seemed.

(plus Simcoe was a real person, as it turns out, and it would have gone against history for them to have killed him haha)

(I'm glad I didn't look that up while the series was still airing or it would have robbed all of his scenes of tension :p)

Dang... Wasn't expecting the ending to get me like that. That was beautiful.

It was a touching ending, for sure. And the contrast between Simcoe and Washington's stances on slavery was pretty powerful, given what kind of people they were during the duration of the show.

btw, does anyone remember what happened to Robert Rogers?

I'd been wondering if Rogers was ever going to show back up, so it was nice to see him return for the finale. Even if it was just to check back in with us and then die.

Top Bottom