• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humans season 2 - US Discussion Thread - Mondays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
SPOILER NOTE: If you are in the UK, your thread is over here. Please keep all discussion of episodes that have aired in the UK but not in the US in that thread. This discussion thread is for the American broadcast of Humans, which is several months behind the UK broadcast.

'Humans' is back after an unusually long hiatus (596 days!) for a second season premiering on Monday, February 13 at 10/9c. The second season will consist of 8 one hour episodes.

Humanoid Synthetics have become an inextricable part of society, obediently serving and protecting the human population. But what happens when these Synths are given the right to consciousness and their own free will?

The second season picks up several months after the events of Season 1, with Niska still at large and in possession of the consciousness code. Her Synth family, Mia, Leo and Max, unaware of her location, are each trying to find their place in the world, while Joe and Laura attempt to mend their marriage.

As unconfirmed reports of Synths behaving inexplicably surface, the ripple effects of one simple yet seismic decision sees the past return dramatically and surprisingly to the door of the Hawkins house. Joe, Laura and the entire family are faced with a difficult choice that will put the family under an intense spotlight.

'Humans' is a co-production between Channel 4 in the UK and AMC in the US and is based on the Swedish series 'Äkta människor'.

Cast

• Mia (Anita), the first conscious Synth, is determined to find her true self and the limits of her emotions and consciousness.
  • Volatile and distrustful of humans, Niska is in possession of an extraordinary secret and has to decide what to do with her world-changing power.
  • All Max ever wanted was a home, and he feels they may finally have found it. But as that home comes under threat, Max may realize his loyalty to others isn't enough.

• After the events of last season, Leo is trying to find some semblance of normality, but he's too damaged — he needs a new quest.
  • Laura, a hardworking lawyer, is trying to get her family back to normal after welcoming Mia and the other conscious Synths into her home.
  • Joe is trying to rebuild his marriage and regain his family's trust after sleeping with Anita while he was unaware she was more than a machine.

• Now promoted as part of an expanded Special Technologies Task Force, Pete is bravely attempting to make an impossible relationship work.
  • After it was revealed that Karen was a Synth with a troubled past, she now lives quietly with Pete. But the question of who -- and what -- she really is, is a constant obstacle to happiness.
  • Odi was Dr. George Millican's outdated home-help Synth. The last we saw, the police sent the hopelessly obsolete Synthetic to be recycled.

Other cast members include:

• Lucy Carless as Mattie Hawkins
  • Theo Stephenson as Toby Hawkins
  • Pixie Davies as Sophie Hawkins
  • Carrie-Anne Moss as Dr. Athena Morrow
  • Marshall Allman as Milo Khoury
  • Sonya Cassidy as Hester
  • Sam Palladino as Ed
  • Bella Dayne as Astrid
  • Letitia Wright as Irene ”Renie" Watson

Videos

Official Trailer
Meet the New Characters
Greetings from Set: Behind the Scenes

L+SD Ratings

Season 1:

Episode 1 - 1.72 million viewers and a 0.5 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 1.09 million viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 1.20 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 1.04 million viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 5 - 1.15 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 6 - 1.02 million viewers and a 0.3 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 1.13 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 1.07 million viewers and a 0.4 A18-49 rating

Season 2:

Episode 1 - 716K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 2 - 566K viewers and a 0.2 A18-49 rating
Episode 3 - 418K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 4 - 457K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episodes 5 & 6 - 435K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 7 - 360K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating
Episode 8 - 311K viewers and a 0.1 A18-49 rating

pBUoql8.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
The season premiere is tonight!

Episode 1

In the second-season premiere, Niska faces a critical decision, while Mia, Leo and Max remain in hiding. Meanwhile, the Hawkins struggle to move on; and Dr. Athena Morrow gets a surprise visitor.

Qvoth

man i thought season 3 is starting for a second, i was like wtf didn't season 2 just end like only few months ago
shit gonna get real this season, so enjoy :3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Did no one really watch the premiere?

I thought it was an intriguing start. I'm interested to see how the plot with Carrie Ann Moss intersects with what's going on in the UK, seeing as how she's already developed a form of sentience on her own in the US.

TripOpt55

Good premiere. I liked the moment where the new lady had the AI network (or whatever it was called) lie to the young dude. The stuff with Niska was cool too as was the bit where Mia covered her tracks with the guy she works for.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
New episode tonight!

Episode 2

Laura decides whether to help Niska; Karen and Pete learn about a synth sold on the black market; Leo faces a new mission; and Mia takes a risk for Ed.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Episode 2 nicely moved all the storylines forward - Hester is going to be a problem moving forward isn't she?

Episode 3 was the best one so far. I'm actually really digging all of the new storylines this season. Solid stuff.

I made it about halfway through the first episode of Season 2 before I fell asleep... Now I'm 3.5 back. This show feels so inessential in a post-Westworld world.

I'm kind of worried about season 3, considering AMC is burning off the last four episodes of this one in two hour chunks. I love this show, it explores some of the concepts in a more interesting way than Westworld. The automation plot lines highlight how ridiculous it would be to create perfect robot slaves and then only use them for playing cowboys and Indians.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
I'm kind of worried about season 3, considering AMC is burning off the last four episodes of this one in two hour chunks.

Ratings were way down in the UK for season two and they're also way down in the US as well. I have no idea how the season ends, so maybe the story doesn't call for a third season, but hopefully Channel 4 and AMC will be game for one more to wrap things up with if it ends on a cliffhanger. It probably isn't a super expensive show to make, and since it's a co-production that cost will be split between the two channels, so I don't think a third season is out of the question.

I love this show, it explores some of the concepts in a more interesting way than Westworld.

I think so too, even if this show hits that nail on the head a little too hard at times.

The automation plot lines highlight how ridiculous it would be to create perfect robot slaves and then only use them for playing cowboys and Indians.

To Westworld's credit, Delos seems to have some sort of secret/nefarious plan for the robots that we don't know about yet.

Amir0x

Banned
boy the ratings are awful. I know they want to go into Humans Season 3 and have a story already, but is it even going to go through at this point? I saw it when it aired on BBC but the US ratings are...yikes.

mnannola

I am really liking this season so far, sucks that the ratings aren't great. To me this show seems more grounded than Westworld, even though I like both.

valeo

Humans >>>>> Westworld in so many ways. Doesn't have as high a level of production, but apart from that the story is just so much more interesting.

Well, that was an interesting finale. Mostly predictable outcomes but it's going to be intriguing to see how they play out. If we ever get a season 3.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's sad that this thread was pretty much dead all season - I guess everyone who watched season one either forgot the show existed, lost interest, or watched it via vpn when it aired in the UK. :/

Anyway, I thought the season was good. Even though the storylines were sort of scattered, I liked it more than season one.

Random thoughts:

It was sad that Pete died, but at least they didn't also kill Mia (no one cares about Leo, let's be honest).

The ending showed a lot of promise and I definitely think there's a lot of potential for a third season. If the show is in danger, I hope it gets at least one more to wrap things up with.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Humans’: Mark Bonnar Joins Season 3 Cast Of Sci-Fi Drama Series

Bonnar plays Neil Sommer, an intriguingly charming scientist on a government commission with whom Laura (Katherine Parkinson) develops a strong personal connection.

In Season 3, as the synth family, Mia (Chan), Niska (Berrington) and Max (Jeremiah) continue to battle for their right to survival, Joe (Goodman-Hill), Laura (Parkinson) and their children Mattie, Toby and Sophie struggle to come to terms with the cataclysmic events of the last season and their deeply polarised views on the implications of the singularity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom