• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Confirmed : Fifa 14 will be free with all xbox one pre orders (Europe only)

~~Hasan~~

Euro folks get FIFA 14 free on Xbox one if they per order. More bundles coming in the future,

just now. woot :) good news for all :)

youtube trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKW4qE1bjgg

oI3wUem.png

Thanks to pigol

Blackage

Free for those of you not getting it this year? IE the 8 left out of the original 21 and have already preordered? Or just...free if you preorder? lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It being pre-orders only tells me what I wanted to know. It's not as many copies as I would have expected MS needed to purchase (only a few hundred thousand instead of like 2 million). This is a move to get preorders up.

Smart, but more limited than I thought.

Probably just for the pre-order people that ordered before they announced that they weren't bringing it to the Netherlands and such.

Prezhulio

Should probably add euro to the title, but I imagine this will goose things a bit if their preorders were too low(which I can't imagine)

CSX

America = wrong football :p

anyways really great promotion. Time to ask my FIFA loving friends if they gonna switch their preorder

edit : nvm europe only. MS get Madden for America and you be set

SJRB

Gold Member
Only if you pre-order (while stock lasts). How is this a big deal, exactly? PS4 + Fifa is still cheaper than X-Box + free Fifa.

This whole "megaton" is going over my head. Not to mention it'll be out on PS4 much sooner, so Euro people interested will buy it there.

Jb

Oh, so because it's a preorder thingy that's how they know there will only be a set amount of them given away for free. Makes sense.

jockstrap74

Neo Member
Im sure pre-orders have closed, judging by the poor pre-order numbers, i doubt it would cost as much as it could have,

You will probably find its a download code for a digital download , so no re-sale value.

But still a free game is a free game :)

nib95

Banned
While stocks last eh. I guess this is just to get pre-order numbers up.

Sony should still have a 2 week or more sales advantage over the Xbox One, given that the PS4 will release earlier along with Fifa 14 itself.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Just for preorders means MS is below target on preorders and this is a tactical move to ship them. They want to get the good press from a strong day one launch, rather than the negative press of lots of boxes not moving on shop shelves.

dc89

digital only though.. 20-30gb+ ?

I can't see it being that big.

This FIFA isn't a true next gen title, it's the kinda half next gen half current gen affair we get with every console launch.

So I'd expect a lot less than that.

Title should probably say European pre-orders.

Cross-post from the other thread: European pre-orders must have been bad for such a move, probably not even selling out limited allocations despite already restricting launch territories.

Retail probably isn't going to be happy. If it's a digital code, doubly so.

if someone wanted to play FIFA 14 that bad wouldn't you just get a PS4 in 2013 with a copy?

or better yet the PS360

Top Bottom