• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Gamescom Demo Developer Walkthrough

KurowaSan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUZeysfzG7A

It's nice to have classic Ratchet back. The game looks great to me. Hoping they release a story trailer as well.

New batch of screenshots!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/insomniacgames/sets/72157634605830391/
9559299170_25b2ea606e_b.jpg

9559299214_ebe0b4d98e_b.jpg

9559299096_d5d25c599d_b.jpg

9559299106_2a07b8c507_b.jpg

9559299036_1d97e3721d_b.jpg

9556511039_ab0f87d688_b.jpg

9556511027_23ea99790e_b.jpg

9559298916_0f0f0339aa_b.jpg

9556510907_ceddc139b4_b.jpg

SgtCobra

The Ratchet & Clank models don't look very good to me and the physics seems to have changed but this gameplay pleases me a lot.
I'm also hearing "thugs for less" loved them back in R&C2.

Any information about the length of the game?

sn00zer

Looks good, but really needs an fps bump, looks below thirty.... well either way in Insomniac we trust, im sure they will get it figured out by release

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
The Ratchet & Clank models don't look very good to me and the physics seems to have changed but this gameplay pleases me a lot.
I'm also hearing "thugs for less" loved them back in R&C2.

Any information about the length of the game?

shorter than A Crack in Time or Tools of Destruction. Much longer than Quest For Booty or Full Frontal Assault

SgtCobra

shorter than A Crack in Time or Tools of Destruction. Much longer than Quest For Booty or Full Frontal Assault
Damn I got quoted by a R&C dev, I'm honored o_o
thanks for the info, I'm sure the models will grow on me and I'm looking forward to see more of this game, been a longtime fan. Good luck with the development over there!

sh4mike

Always wondered -- was Quest for Booty by a different development team or were certain key members missing? For whatever reason I absolutely hated that one. Everything felt off.

Will pick-up Nexus assuming it's from the Crack team.

Bladenic

Pretty excited for this. I just want a new R&C. Wish it was full length but longer (and better) than Q4B and FFA is better than nothing.

Toppot

Looks like i was expecting. I'm particularly liking the look of this 'abandoned world' just looks lovely. I'm hoping it feels more alive like ToD/ACiT rather than rather barren like Q4B, but either way I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Always wondered -- was Quest for Booty by a different development team or were certain key members missing? For whatever reason I absolutely hated that one. Everything felt off.

Will pick-up Nexus assuming it's from the Crack team.

nope. that was a core group from TOD that went on to be one of the core groups for ACIT

Derrick01

Banned
Yeah I'm sold. I mean I was going to get it anyway since it's traditional Ratchet but now I feel a little better on the game. This should have been in the conference!

Espada

Holy crap, yes. I'm liking what I'm seeing here, and hearing that it's more like TOD/ACiT and less like the last few Ratchet games is excellent news. Here's to hoping there's a big PS4 Ratchet game on PS4.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Looks fantastic! Hey Insomniac, I better see Ratchet & Clank next gen from you guys a couple of years down the line. You must.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Man I really need to get round to getting the PS3 Ratchet and Clack game, but I will totally pick it up.

Unless Sony does me a huge favour and release a collection containing the Future trilogy and Into the Nexus. ;)

Ra1den

Thank you Insomniac. We've been waiting for this.

Now PLEASE give us some extra difficulty modes that are ACTUALLY challenging. Leveling up your weapons is tons of fun, but since even the hardest difficulty becomes a cakewalk after you are decently leveled, a lot of the fun is sapped away.

Even something as making the enemies have higher health or do more damage would be good enough. You shouldn't feel invincible on the highest difficulty setting, regardless of how leveled you are.

Salz01

Looks pretty awesome actually. Will get it. Hope it lives up to the quality from tools of destruction and crack in time. Wish I could play it on the ps4.

Kinsei

Banned
It's looking great. I can't wait to see some of the wacky ideas that they came up with based around manipulating gravity.

Looks okay.
Using the gravity gun thing to move around the levels is cool, sure, but wouldn't it be cooler if you could just use it and not only when there were HUGE signs to do so? There's barely anything added with the way it seems to be right now. It's basically just going from platform to platform, you aren't really controlling anything...
Turning enemies into snowmen is again, very cool, but how much is really being added? We've done the animals and stuff like this before.
Everything just looked like, I don't know, exactly what you would expect.

Don't get me wrong, I do still like it. I'll probably get and enjoy it. But to me, the Clank parts where he controls gravity were some of the most appealing parts of that video. I want to see some innovation with the series, because I really do like it a lot.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Clank's Nether levels are pleasing to see. Finally got a semi-followup to the Qwark vidcomics.

And Brian A. mentioning sphere worlds in the walkthru - too much to hope for that they're back?

Mr.Swag

Banned
Pretty sure most of te last couple games had a shotgun like weapon.

Love ratchet games, never plate FFA tho. But I'll get this one

Top Bottom