• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Gamescom Demo Developer Walkthrough

Toppot

Dude you shame me. I salute your knowledge of Ratchet and Clank.

Too kind, please don't salute my knowledge though, that goes to the fine people of http://ratchet.wikia.com I merely did the 'research' on finding the shotguns and listing them.

Would this mean we could get the TOD, Q4B trophies?

I happen to have a handy FAQ on my computer for such things =P

Q: Why don't you add trophies to R:FOM/R&C TOD/R&C Q4B
A: It's not Insomniacs job or call to make. You need to bang on Sony's door.

It is often said it is practically impossible, which is kind of true. R:FOM was made before Sony even had a proper patching system, Insomniac built their own (and their own friends list system actually) for the multiplayer. I don't believe it is possible for them to patch the single player. R&C TOD and Q4B don't have any patching in them at all, they are single player games and were both tested thouroughly so patching wasn't needed.

Now, having said all that there are some ways trophies could be added, but you need to ask Sony, not Insomniac.
1. Rebuild both games with trophies in and resell them, retail or online. Costing the consumer more money or at least costing Sony lots of money for letting people download the game for free for a small amount of good will with consumers.
2. (Can be used in conjection with 1) Release a seperate program which the disc based game runs through, which adds trophies. Eyepet did this when Eyepet Move Edition came out. People could download the updated edition files for free, but it required the original game disc to run
3. Sony could add it to the PS3 firmware to have the console look for parts during the game and associate a trigger with it. You can see the patent for it here:
http://www.playstationgamerleague.c...y-utilizes-their-trophy-based-disc-patent-r18

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
Really can't wait to see what Insomniac has in store for the PS4. Hopefully they haven't given up all interest in Resistance but regardless of what they choose to pursue I'll be waiting for it. Btw ItN looks awesome. Wonder will the plasma whip and sniper rifle styled weapons return, those were always my favorite

Damn, that looks crazy good. I knew my faith wasn't misplaced. Suck it punks who thought Insomniac were near death after Fuse failing at retail.

The 2d sections look amazing, shades of gravity guy in the gameplay.

Arrhhhhgg!!! This makes the wait for Ratchet PS4 that much harder!! Don't disappoint at E3 2014, Insomniac! :(

That said, game looks fucking jawdropping, I hope Nexus ends the future trilogy in a satisfying way. Although I'm still pretty bummed we never made it to the Lombax planet or got to meet their race.

Famassu

Wake me up when they get it to run at the same framerate as the classic Ratchet & Clank games.
I'd rather this not have horrible slowdown.

A Crack In Time proved that 30fps is perfectly fine for R&C games, what's with it being the best R&C game and all.

krizzx

I hope this isn't a PS4 game because if that's the what the PS4's power can do, I am surely be disappointed.

Famassu

It was? Ah, I though I remembered Insomniac starting with their "prettier graphics @ 30fps" thing with ACiT, seems like I was wrong. Oh well, whatever, 30fps is still perfectly playable for these kinds of games. This is not Street Fighter or F-Zero or Unreal Tournament.

I hope this isn't a PS4 game because if that's the what the PS4's power can do, I am surely be disappointed.
You must be joking? We've know since its announcement that it's a holiday 2013 PS3 release.

Toppot

It's PS3, its right in the videos description when you click 'show more'

Into the Nexus is available this Holiday 2013 for PlayStation 3 via download or disc.

It was? Ah, I though I remembered Insomniac starting with their "prettier graphics @ 30fps" thing with ACiT, seems like I was wrong. Oh well, whatever, 30fps is still perfectly playable for these kinds of games. This is not Street Fighter or F-Zero or Unreal Tournament.

It was, it was big news at the time as ACiT was Insomniac's last 60 FPS game. A quick google search will show you lots of news articles.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/30/dev-a-crack-in-time-will-probably-be-insomniac-s-last-60fps-ga/
http://kotaku.com/5393106/insomniac-dev-ratchet--clank-probably-our-last-60fps-game
http://www.lazygamer.net/ps3/ratchet-and-clank-a-crack-in-time-to-be-insomniacs-last-60fps-game/
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/insomniac-60fps-no-more
http://www.1up.com/news/latest-ratchet-clank-insomniac-60fps

There was even a NeoGAF thread about it.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=378382

lt519

Makes me sad that this isn't a PS4 game. Why do so many good PS3 games still have to be scheduled to come out?!??!??!

krizzx

It's PS3, its right in the videos description when you click 'show more'

Into the Nexus is available this Holiday 2013 for PlayStation 3 via download or disc.

It was, it was big news at the time as ACiT was Insomniac's last 60 FPS game. A quick google search will show you lots of news articles.

Ah, okay. I haven't been keeping up with my gaming news to much recently.

Looks great, will pick up fo sho... but I'd have to agree that it seems like they could have made this a PS4 game and a bit ambitious

This is insomniac's 10th game of the generation o_O

rjc571

Banned

I agree running at 30 fps won't make it unplayable, but it WILL make it significantly less playable than all other 60 fps R&C games as a result, and less appealing to look at in motion as well. It's not a sacrifice that I'm willing to deal with for what has always been a 60 fps series (aside for All 5 One and Size Matters).

This looks amazing from the brief clip I looked at. Didn't want to spoil myself too much on the weapons and everything. Can't wait for this to come out.

krae_man

way back in the day, we actually submitted a disc version of Q4B through format QA and had it approved for NA.

nothing has come of it, but discs can be pressed for that game.

My hope is we might get a Future trilogy bundle pack at some point, where you can get TOD/Q4B/ACIT for 40-60 bucks or whatever, and it would come with three discs.

Redo the entire rom for Tools and put trophies in before the 3 pack releases, Put Trophy edition of Tools on Plus at the same time for people who already own the first 2 games.

Five

Banned
Winterizer plays "holiday" music
Not called "Into the Nether Regions"
Not back to classic 60 FPS

I mean, I welcome a traditional Ratchet game and all, but can't help but feel like Insomniac has gone soft.

way back in the day, we actually submitted a disc version of Q4B through format QA and had it approved for NA.

nothing has come of it, but discs can be pressed for that game.

My hope is we might get a Future trilogy bundle pack at some point, where you can get TOD/Q4B/ACIT for 40-60 bucks or whatever, and it would come with three discs.

I would have loved a disc version of Q4B...that game was really fun even though it was short.

Day 1.

I wonder though... from those shots it looks like there really is only ONE main environment/planet ?

I know it's supposed to be shorter but i'd be glad if we got at least a couple planets, is there info out yet concerning this?

Then again, i loved QfB and that mainly had one environment hmm..

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Day 1.

I wonder though... from those shots it looks like there really is only ONE main environment/planet ?

I know it's supposed to be shorter but i'd be glad if we got at least a couple planets, is there info out yet concerning this?

Then again, i loved QfB and that mainly had one environment hmm..

no. there is definitely more than one planet. and not just 2 planets either. :p

Skidd

http://www.insomniacgames.com/ratchet-clank-into-the-nexus-live-stream/

Wednesday, August 28th, at 4pm EDT/1pm PDT at www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames

Hey folks,

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus is a return to the classic single-player Ratchet gameplay and story you’ve all been asking for. But you don’t need to take my word for it, Insomniac will be hosting a live stream on our Twitch.TV channel with Creative Director Brian Allgeier. We’ll play through the Gamescom demo and answer YOUR burning questions about the game. Join us Wednesday, August 28th, at 4pm EDT/1pm PDT at www.twitch.tv/insomniacgames for what should be an awesome hour of Ratchet fun.

If you want to submit your questions for the live stream, you can do so right here. And we’ll do our best to answer as many of them during the livestream as possible. Submit your questions by leaving a comment below.

Many gamers got to go hands-on with the Lombax’s latest adventure last weekend at Gamescom. And those of you heading to Seattle and PAX this weekend will get a chance to play too. Be sure to swing by the Sony booth and experience Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus!

The stream is starting in a couple of hours so stay tuned if you're interested.

Eon-Blue

Neo Member
It's nice to see a new Ratchet game going back to it's roots. I love this series so much, I can't wait to dive into this new one. Oh and what about the Ratchet and Clank movie is that still happening?

DjRoomba

Banned
Ratchet and Clank are pretty pooey. These games really are for kids. Surprised by some love for them here on gaf. Theyre no Mario/other platforming mascot of choice

Ratchet and Clank sucks. These games really are for kids. Surprised by some love for them here on gaf. Theyre no Mario/other platforming mascot of choice

i3HgMyh00BOMW.gif

Guess your edit came in late

Famassu

Ratchet and Clank are pretty pooey. These games really are for kids. Surprised by some love for them here on gaf. Theyre no Mario/other platforming mascot of choice
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time is one of the best games of this generation, easily. Extremely imaginative & fun puzzle-shooter-platformer. They are not trying to be Mario-like games. And my dear Beelzebub you are not really bringin the whole "these games are kiddy", especially when talking about vs. Nintendo? Not that it really matters, games aimed at kids can be a lot more fun than your shitty bro-shooters.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I have NO idea where to ask this and I'm so sorry to bump this... but do we know when this is being released? I considered Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction to be my GotY 2008 and A Crack in Time was one of my favorites this gen in 2009... but since then, we've had no "real" Ratchet & Clank right?

This seems to be the first real Ratchet-game since A Crack in Time and that's making me REALLY hyped. Do we know when this is launched? I was looking into the Ratchet HD Trilogy but if there's a new game coming out soon, I might as well wait and play that!

Anyone know?

mishakoz

I have NO idea where to ask this and I'm so sorry to bump this... but do we know when this is being released? I considered Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction to be my GotY 2008 and A Crack in Time was one of my favorites this gen in 2009... but since then, we've had no "real" Ratchet & Clank right?

This seems to be the first real Ratchet-game since A Crack in Time and that's making me REALLY hyped. Do we know when this is launched? I was looking into the Ratchet HD Trilogy but if there's a new game coming out soon, I might as well wait and play that!

Anyone know?

November 20, 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ratchet_&_Clank:_Into_the_Nexus

edit: wikipedia and cant seem to find any backup info so grain of salt.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Yoshichan

Does Insomniac want this game to die on release?
I can answer my own question here... I realized that if they release it 20th November, it'll be 5 days after the PS4 launch in America, and 9 days before the launch in Europe... I don't think that's such a good idea ;_; I will buy it, at least... but I'm not sure anyone else will.

AniHawk

into the nexus is a wednesday. that would be an odd time to release it, but sony's releasing tearaway on a friday (same day as a link between worlds and super mario 3d world).

i'm going to be busy that week.

I can answer my own question here... I realized that if they release it 20th November, it'll be 5 days after the PS4 launch in America, and 9 days before the launch in Europe... I don't think that's such a good idea ;_; I will buy it, at least... but I'm not sure anyone else will.

This is the thing, why not just make it a DLable instalment on PS4? It's just a strange choice by insomniac, who seem to be a company who's decided to make a series of strange choices lately.

Vashetti

Banned
This is the thing, why not just make it a DLable instalment on PS4? It's just a strange choice by insomniac, who seem to be a company who's decided to make a series of strange choices lately.

It's not as simple as that, porting a PS3 game to PS4 takes time and money. Whether it's a downloadable title or not makes no difference.

PS3 has an 80 million install base. PS4 is obviously going to have no where near that to begin with.

Toppot

Anyone know?

There is no release date yet. They are running final tests for bugs at Insomniac AFAIK. It will then be tested by SCEA, SCEE, SCEJ etc. Assuming no new bugs are found during testing at Sony the game should go gold in 2-4 weeks then they will have a release date and we will know what the preorder bonuses are.

Slightly Off-Topic: For those in Europe, Ratchet Gladiator HD is coming 'Very soon'.

Top Bottom