• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus Gamescom Demo Developer Walkthrough

Toppot

Which is?

Ratchet Gladiator is the European name for Ratchet Deadlocked (The PS2 'spin off'). America has been enjoying the remastered game for 4 months now (Free if you bought Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault) but it was too buggy for SCEE so it has been held back and the bugs worked on.

If you are asking for more detail on 'Very soon' just throw a dart at a calendar on October would be my guess.

Ratchet Gladiator is the European name for Ratchet Deadlocked (The PS2 'spin off'). America has been enjoying the remastered game for 4 months now (Free if you bought Ratchet and Clank Full Frontal Assault) but it was too buggy for SCEE so it has been held back and the bugs worked on.

If you are asking for more detail on 'Very soon' just throw a dart at a calendar on October would be my guess.

From where do you have this 'Very soon' figure?

And too buggy for SCEE? This game is too buggy for everyone. It boggles my mind how this game could be approved in that state at all. The port is a complete mess. I wonder what and how much they fixed and if these fixes will be applied to the NA version too.

Vashetti

Banned

And too buggy for SCEE? This game is too buggy for everyone. It boggles my mind how this game could be approved in that state at all. The port is a complete mess. I wonder what and how much they fixed and if these fixes will be applied to the NA version too.

They said in the comments of last week's PSN store update on the EU blog.

Toppot

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/382025635322810368
https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/380691346589114368
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013...-v-pro-evo-2014-out-this-week/#comment-424179

Well I'd assume the European version will be a lot better if its taken this long. I dunno if fixes will be applied to the US version, I dunno if it supports patching, could be they require people to download a new version, if they do fix the US version.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thanks man!

Thrakier

Looks good, but really needs an fps bump, looks below thirty.... well either way in Insomniac we trust, im sure they will get it figured out by release

You didn't get the news I guess. Insomniac Games don't give a shit for framerate anymore, because reviews and sales.

Thrakier

not what i meant its lower than 30 currently

Yeah. That's what I mean as well. They changed from a great dev, who knew what makes game fun to play (including framerate), to a dev who makes middle class AAA "experiences". It's only logical that they don't give a shit for framerate anymore. They lowered their quality standards in the gameplay departement to somewhat meet average consumer expectations via screenshots. ITZ SO PRETTI. Except, making pretty graphics really isn't their strong point compared to many other devs (ND, SSM) - seems like they just don't have the talent. For example, R3s low res muddy picture quality looks pretty horrible. At just 30FPS.

I know Insomniac said they won't be doing any 60fps games anymore, but I assumed that was for their other stuff like that shitty Fuse they made recently. The multiplayer Ratchet's are 30fps and are a shame, but its a little more understandable since its drawing more playable characters on screen. Nexus should be 60fps though, that's really disappointing to learn. Since my game time is precious for these days and I can be picky what I play, I'll be skipping this game entirely.

I know Insomniac said they won't be doing any 60fps games anymore, but I assumed that was for their other stuff like that shitty Fuse they made recently. The multiplayer Ratchet's are 30fps and are a shame, but its a little more understandable since its drawing more playable characters on screen. Nexus should be 60fps though, that's really disappointing to learn. Since my game time is precious for these days and I can be picky what I play, I'll be skipping this game entirely.

So you'll probably be skipping next gen I see. Not to mention having skipped the majority of the previous gen I assume?

So you'll probably be skipping next gen I see. Not to mention having skipped the majority of the previous gen I assume?

No of course not. Ratchet used to be 60fps, and now it's not. I don't really have the time to play it, but I would of tried to squeeze it in. I just don't want to play a sleepy 30fps action shooter that used to run at 60, it's not worth my time.

rjc571

Banned

This is kind of how I feel. I don't have time to play every game that interests me, so I have to be selective to maximize my gaming enjoyment. Games which run at 60 fps are simply far more enjoyable than 30 fps games (especially games which focus heavily on action), and among PC, Nintendo consoles and the massive PS2 back catalog, I have a lifetime's worth of 60 fps games to choose from. In light of this, action games that only run at 30 fps simply aren't worth my time or money.

Thrakier

This is kind of how I feel. I don't have time to play every game that interests me, so I have to be selective to maximize my gaming enjoyment. Games which run at 60 fps are simply far more enjoyable than 30 fps games (especially games which focus heavily on action), and among PC, Nintendo consoles and the massive PS2 back catalog, I have a lifetime's worth of 60 fps games to choose from. In light of this, action games that only run at 30 fps simply aren't worth my time or money.

Exactly how I feel.

Twinduct

I'm the same, only with 120 fps & 4K though.

Ark

I didn't realise there are actually people that won't play a game because it isn't 60fps. Learn something new everyday.

So cut and paste they need new level designers imo I can't tell the difference between this and the past iterations.

Neither can I from any in the New Super Mario Bros games, but that doesn't make them bad, it's just the style of the franchise. You're welcome to like it or not, but I'm fine with more of the same type of content and new weapons and dialogues.

Immensely looking forward to this, Day 1 for sure.

Novalis.png

The good ol' days...

Top Bottom