• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

helo

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
9 year sin.onf rorusm. ben here befo4 redit madf oloks show nup and I'l turn the lignhts of when they leave.

wy?

Smpile.

I d0nt getp aid 2 post.
mPRPydo.jpg

ukas

I'm all for being able to sell digital copies back. The one thing I don't understand is if you're selling then back to MS, what's their incentive to buy it back? It's not like there is a physical copy to resell used if they buy it back.

Regiruler

If I create a programming language it shall be called CBOAT and specialize in encryption.

Lord buttocks
delivering info I do not care about.

Gadirok

If Xbone does launch on November 15th... hmm.

A bloodbath outside stores.

I still think they are launching after though.

Thorakai

Does this pre-owned digital games thing have anything to do with EA's free to play version for every major release? It sounds like you will have a choice between what digital version of a game to get based what features sound best for you. I'm extrapolating this based on "You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games." bullet point. Right after it also say "New full game digital downloads will still be available"

oneils

I'm all for being able to sell digital copies back. The one thing I don't understand is if you're selling then back to MS, what's their incentive to buy it back? It's not like there is a physical copy to resell used if they buy it back.

I always assumed you would sell them in a marketplace to other users, not to MS.

Toki767

Digital resale would be ridiculous though, wouldn't it? There's no real value to it.

Well Microsoft could always charge a fee for digital transfers like how Steam charges fees for selling on the Market. Could be a potential gold mine.

libregkd

If I'm reading that digital re-selling part right, this is for both XB1 AND PS4? This sorta makes me thinking both systems will have it:

New digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games:
-This will be available through the systems’ premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)

Or am I just reading that completely wrong?

Will people stop whining that he makes negative posts about their beloved MS now?

That's the thing, he had one a few weeks back and it never cracked 3 pages. It wasn't skies parting angels trumpeting stuff, but it was pleasant enough. So that makes this one go, 5? Maybe?

Amir0x

Banned
So once more for emphasis:

TRANSLATION:

Back home now. Yay! >_<

Apologies for the late October no show for the PS4. I heard it was that date, but Sony is not my strong suite. It happens. Call 1-800-BUT-OCXS for a refund of your money. ;)

Seriously I am sorry though.

Xbox November 8th hahaha... no.
Saw Kotaku article and then their retraction. That's ok I could have told them November 8 was a pipe dream. I know Microsoft better than SCEA.

* Xbox One contact reps are being called in for November 15th.
* These are contact reps not actually working for MS. Hardly any of them do.
* New CS software implemented for November 15th w/ support for taxonomy for Xbox One.
* Called "Assisted Support Desktop."
* Anti-Phishing stuff in to make it hard for Nigerian Ukranian Russian princes to call about account info that not theirs but if customer doesn't have e-mail or a phone number associated with account, Xbox One reps will have tghe power to tell the call to fuck off.
* I wish I had some talked to some Sony CS reps 3 weeks ago. Oh well!

Do you want to sell your digital games? OH NO I ONLY REPORT BAD NEWS FOR XBONE!

For the following questions please assume that Microsoft Xbox One will offer a digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games.

New digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games:
-This will be available through the systems&#8217; premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)
-You will have the ability to purchase and sell pre-owned digital video games.
-You will have the ability to sell back/trade in your versions of digital games you have purchased.
-You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace.
-You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games.
-All transactions will take place via digital downloads/transfers within your next generation gaming system&#8217;s digital store.
-New full game digital downloads will still be available, as will physical (disc) versions sold at retail stores/websites.
-Pre-owned disc versions of games will be able to be played on the next generation gaming system for free.
-There will be a marketplace service fee charged to the seller when they sell a digital version of a game.

Last thing, final word on the matter:
Get mad if you want, call me into question if you like. No sweat off my nose. My job is safe and your tender tear buckets make flowers grow.

9 years on these forums. Been here before. Reddit mad because they're shown up and I'll turn the lights off when they leave.

Why?

Simple.

I don't get paid to post.

It's amazing how after all the problems, now Microsoft is getting around to articulating a digital service that sounds appealing :p

Syf

Banned
Well Microsoft could always charge a fee for digital transfers like how Steam charges fees for selling on the Market. Could be a potential gold mine.
Sure but how do you justify it? How do you justify selling "used" digital games for less when it's all digital anyway? It's not like digital copies degrade or anything. You're selling the same thing for less.

Cade

I don't get it. Selling pre-owned digital games on both?
XBone and PS4? Or... what am I reading here?

This quote is from a market research survey; you can tell by the way it's phrased. Just because it's in one doesn't mean it'll come to fruition, but yes, this is gauging people's reaction to the idea for both consoles.

Paches

I don't get it. Selling pre-owned digital games on both?
XBone and PS4? Or... what am I reading here?

Maybe it is a document outline from a publisher or something that talks about the trade in system on both platforms? Make sure that there is parity? Not sure...

Seik

Banned
What? So both consoles will launch the same day? o_O

There will be riots, planet earth itself will be the riot.

FrsDvl

What if Nov 15 will be the launch, but to one up Sony they launch it worldwi... Oh right.

But seriously though, if they were to launch on the same day things will get interesting. But him laughing at November 8th makes me believe that the 15th might still be too soon. CS probably needs at least a week of training.

Top Bottom