• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reclarification] FIFA 14 only coming with Day 1 Xbox Ones in Europe (maybe?)

RESPONSE TWEET
Graeme Boyd @AceyBongos

@brownmurder That's incorrect. Day One Editions only. I've let the team on that Twitter account know.

This tweet corrects an earlier tweet from the official Xbox One feed which is now said to have been made in error:
INITIAL TWEET
@Xbox

@Ianoconnor22 All pre-orders come with FIFA 14 in Europe, Ian. Doesn't matter if it's a Day One console or not.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/02/xbox-ones-free-fifa-14-for-day-one-edition-consoles-only/

Still confused?
It's simple.

fifarbuul.png

Sethos

Banned
I mean, it was cute at first with all the 180* and misleading statements but does that have to encompass every. single. thing they do?

I'm afraid to wake up one morning and find out they're now an ice cream manufacturer.

Phinor

So basically incentive only to those who have already pre-ordered. Makes pre-ordering the console even less desirable now when you know other people got the better deal already, or rather, you are getting the worse deal.

The exact wording delivered by Phil Harrison at Gamescom was:

"All pre-orders for Xbox One this holiday will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no additional cost. All pre-orders to date and whilst stocks last."

He then showed an image of the Xbox One packaging, and it wasn't a Day One edition (the controller didn't have the writing on it).

Proof (at 31:57) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOEtvdHoAw

Why is it that this console cycle microsoft can't do anything right? I mean they are flubbing a goddamn pack-in! The point of this pack in is to create more value in the higher price point and to appease customers. Instead they just made every single person who thought they were getting fifa that just found out they aren't reassess whether that pisses them off enough to just cancel the order.

Guymelef

I don't think that is a problem.
I can see lots of day one edition in european stores for months after the release.

T.O.P

Banned
Got a day1 console pre-ordered with Fifa 14 and Forza 5 for free a couple of weeks ago, confirmed by the guys at mediaworld

So i hope i'm good

Amir0x

Banned

"All pre-orders for Xbox One this holiday will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no additional cost. All pre-orders to date and whilst stocks last."

He then showed an image of the Xbox One packaging, and it wasn't a Day One edition (the controller didn't have the writing on it).

Is nothing about the Xbox One not confusing as fuck?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't get it. If you preorder a console and get it day 1, it could be something other than a day 1 edition?

hwy_61

Banned

Damn.

Microsoft better make this right, or else they're gonna have a lotta pissed up Europeans on launch day.

Freki

Shouldn't the thread title read: "[Clarification] Xbox One’s free FIFA 14 for Day One Edition pre-orders only"?

Why is it that this console cycle microsoft can't do anything right? I mean they are flubbing a goddamn pack-in! The point of this pack in is to create more value in the higher price point and to appease customers. Instead they just made every single person who thought they were getting fifa that just found out they aren't reassess whether that pisses them off enough to just cancel the order.

No Allard or Bach. They held the division together and it crumbled without their leadership.

Amir0x

Banned
Wat? So what is a Day 1 edition?

It features...

...and I shit you not...

...a "commemorative controller" (same exact controller but with Day One Edition stamped in the center) and a special 'achievement' for getting the Day 1 console.

Seriously. An achievement.

"while stocks last"

Amazon UK ran out of Day 1 editions with Fifa 14 and now only sell the standard edition: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BE4OUBG/

Day 1 Edition without the writing on the controller as seen on Amazons pre-order page:

It features...

...and I shit you not...

...a "commemorative controller" (same exact controller but with Day One Edition stamped in the center) and a special 'achievement' for getting the Day 1 console.

It also now has FIFA 14... if you are in Tier 1 Europe. (WHILE STOCKS LAST.)

CTLance

"stocks didn't last".

Well, whatever. It's just hilarious that once again MS public messaging is completely and utterly bonkers.

Seriously. They really need someone to tape all public-facing mouths shut and only allow for them to say anything once it's been cleared by all relevant departments.

One of these days they'll stumble in a way that'll get them busted for false advertising or something similar. Now that would be a fun day on gaf.

Sethos

Banned
It features...

...and I shit you not...

You do realize how much that controller will be worth down the line, right? You could ebay that thing for $20-30 easily.

Top Bottom