• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reclarification] FIFA 14 only coming with Day 1 Xbox Ones in Europe (maybe?)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So... to clarify for everyone. If someone was to pre-order an Xbox One and receive it on Day One they won't receive FIFA for free because only those who pre-order Xbox One Day One editions will receive FIFA 14 for free on Day One*.

*While supplies last.

This is what we get for being brainless minions who "omg day 1!!!1111" on message boards!

SJRB

Gold Member
Microsoft seems to actively release contradicting and confusing information to get people to read and disect their statements.

It's a dirty form of marketing. Because there's no way a company as big as MS can be this bad with their information flow.

Microsoft seems to actively release contradicting and confusing information to get people to read and disect their statements.

It's a dirty form of marketing. Because there's no way a company as big as MS can be this bad with their information flow.

They're pretty much making up shit as they go along, since their original vision for the Xbone was thrown in the trash.
It's not surprising everything since then has been a mess of confusion.

MMaRsu

Banned
230112242l.gif

Hahahahahha whats this

Deraj

I mean, it was cute at first with all the 180* and misleading statements but does that have to encompass every. single. thing they do?

I'm afraid to wake up one morning and find out they're now an ice cream manufacturer.

Hehehe.. I had the same reaction.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OP should post a flow chart to make it even clearer.

Are you posting on a message board?

No -> No FIFA

Yes -> Have you ever DAY 1'd1!1111 something? -> No -> No FIFA

Yes -> Have you ever DAY 1'd1!1111 something? -> Yes -> Free FIFA

inky

That's "Tier One". Get with the program.

My bad :p

Bit of confusion here guys. Its not just "only day 1 editions" Its "only day 1 editions bought before August 20th"

See, this is how you know this shit is nuts. I want to say this post is a joke, but I don't think it is. Frankly, I'd wager it's only like 5k copies of Fifa 14 in total -or some shit like that- and this was all just to put it out there "XBONE comes with a free $60 gaem OMG!!!!!111!!1*

*pre-orders only, in selected countries, only special SKU's, ordered before a certain date, if we feel like putting it in there.

I think it'd be best if you just pretend it doesn't come with it and that's it.

Jotaka

Are you posting on a message board?

No -> No FIFA

Yes -> Have you ever DAY 1'd1!1111 something? -> No -> No FIFA

Yes -> Have you ever DAY 1'd1!1111 something? -> Yes -> pre-order before august 20th -> Yes -> Tier 1 European country -> Yes -> Free FIFA

fixed.

Row

Banned
Requirements for free FIFA14:

- Live in Tier 1 country
- Preorder Day One edition
- Preorder must have been completed prior to certain date (August 2X?)
- Your preorder # must be equal to or less than the total number of free digital copies being made available (which no one seems to know)

DBT85

- Live in Tier 1 country
- Your preorder # must be equal to or less than the total number of free digital copies being made available (which no one seems to know)

Digital copies cost more to make than physical ones so I get why they are limited to not just EVERY Day 1 owner.

- Live in Tier 1 country

No, this refers to tier-2 'free games' apology-offer, where only those who pre-ordered before August 20th are entitled to the free games.

For FIFA offer, as long as it's a preorder ( in Tier 1 ), regardless of when it is ( even if it's a day before launch ), and while stock last, you'll get FIFA.

I would not like to work in GAME when people are picking up their consoles but they do not get a copy of FIFA.

Explaining to someone who picks up their console on day 1 but does not get a day 1 edition of FIFA free is going to go down like a lead balloon.

Also something sounds ridiculous about 'while stocks last' when talking about a digital download.

JDSN

Banned
Pretty good plan, confuse the fuck out of people and then make a couple of tweets to apologize for any confusion.

Finalizer

Reclarificationton?

Looks like the flow chart needs updating:

oBNp5Jp.png

It's pretty clear Day One edition get FIFA14 and standard editon not
Not sure why delete "edition" and make "standard" never exist

I remember the last time you thought things were clear.

Explaining to someone who picks up their console on day 1 but does not get a day 1 edition of FIFA free is going to go down like a lead balloon.

"Does it have a picture of Fifa 14 on the front y/n? If not, no Fifa. #dealwithit"

Nevasleep

They can't really be enforced though, right? (Oh, it's for lower tier countries?)
There are retailers still offering Day One editions with Fifa.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

- Live in Tier 1 country

I think it is more like

- Live in Tier 1 country
- Preorder Xbox One soon enough to get it on day one
- Free Fifa

Graeme Boyd ‏@AceyBongos 3u

Had a few questions on this so wanted to clarify: FIFA 14 will only come free with Xbox One Day One Edition pre-orders, while stocks last.

Not all pre-orders are Day 1 Edition Xboxes.

What's this, Abbott & Costello?

"Fifa 14 on all day one pre orders!"
"But is it the day one pre order?"
"No, the day one one"
"Which one?"
"The day one one"

i am not sure what is so hard to understand about this, the day one editions are listed as
Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with free FIFA 14 download code) on amazon uk, amazon france and others and has what is included in the description
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BM2LLB2/
http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00CUGKF2A/
http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00CUGKF2A/
Xbox One: Day One Edition Includes:

Commemorative controller
Token code to unlock an exclusive Achievement
Code to download free copy of FIFA 14
Free Release Date Delivery

the standard edition does not say anything like that, even if the staff got it wrong i am quite sure a visual showing the difference between the two sku should have gave you more than a clue of what is included.

beast786

i am not sure what is so hard to understand about this, the day one editions are listed as
Xbox One Console: Day One Edition (with free FIFA 14 download code) on amazon uk, amazon france and others and has what is included in the description
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BM2LLB2/

Xbox One: Day One Edition Includes:

Commemorative controller
Token code to unlock an exclusive Achievement
Code to download free copy of FIFA 14
Free Release Date Delivery

the standard edition does not say anything like that, even if the staff got it wrong i am quite sure a visual showing the difference between the two sku should have gave you more than a clue of what is included.

Pretty simple

The exact wording delivered by Phil Harrison at Gamescom was:

"All pre-orders for Xbox One this holiday will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no additional cost. All pre-orders to date and whilst stocks last."

He then showed an image of the Xbox One packaging, and it wasn't a Day One edition (the controller didn't have the writing on it).

Proof (at 31:57) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOEtvdHoAw

Major Nelson:

http://www.whosay.com/larry/photos/400992?wsref=tw

20 August 2013In Europe this Holiday: All pre-orders of #XboxOne will include a copy of FIFA 14 (while stock lasts) #Xboxgamescom

Top Bottom