• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reclarification] FIFA 14 only coming with Day 1 Xbox Ones in Europe (maybe?)

Ushae

Banned
OP sort your quotes out your confusing the shit out of people here (probably deliberately so?). It's free for ALL pre-orders.

The achievement and DAY ONE inscribed on the controller.

Out of curiosity what does the launch version of PS4 come with? I have no idea despite preordering one lol.

Row

Banned
Low availability of a download code must be EA's revenge for MS dropping DRM after they said they'd get rid of online passes thinking they were no longer "necessary"

ekim

OP sort your quotes out your confusing the shit out of people here (probably deliberately so?). It's free for ALL pre-orders.

No it is not. You can't, for example, preorder the Day-One-Edition at Amazon anymore but you can preorder the "standard" SKU. You will only receive Fifa14 if you were able to preorder the Day-One-Edition SKU.

dose

The exact wording delivered by Phil Harrison at Gamescom was:

"All pre-orders for Xbox One this holiday will include a copy of FIFA 14 at no additional cost. All pre-orders to date and whilst stocks last."

He then showed an image of the Xbox One packaging, and it wasn't a Day One edition (the controller didn't have the writing on it).

Proof (at 31:57) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOEtvdHoAw
Direct link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOEtvdHoAw#t=31m57s
Oops MS, you dun goofed yet again.

Liamario

Banned
Why would they give FIFA 14 free to people who have already preordered? What's the financial benefit in doing that? The only thing I can think of is that pre orders have been disappointing and they need to convince people to make the decision or switch.

Gskyace

Wat? So what is a Day 1 edition?

A day one edition namely means Microsoft will print "DAY ONE EDITION" onto the Xbox One controller. : D

Seriously, by pre-ordering D1 edition, you could get a token to redeem an exclusive Day One achievment, and special premium D1 package.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Seriously, the thread title says the exact opposite of the truth lol
'Xbox one free FIFA for day-one editions only' it should be. It's not 'for all pre-orders'

You realize how confusing what you said sounds like right? I get it but what separates Day 1 pre orders from others?

So only day 1 editions get that amazing embossed day 1 on their pad and that highly coveted free achievement? Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

rafaelr

hah this gets more confusing by the hour. maybe ms will just throw in PES2014 for the non day ones, just ffs.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
On Amazon.de, only the Day-One edition has FIFA 14. And Amazon explicitly states:

Wichtige Zusatzinformation: Laut aktuellen Hersteller-Informationen ist bei der Xbox One – Standard-Edition das Spiel FIFA 14 nicht enthalten.

Alle bisherigen Vorbestellungen der Xbox One - Standard-Edition und Xbox One - Day One Edition werden zum Erscheinungstag ausgeliefert.

This basically says that Microsoft themselves confirmed to Amazon that the standard edition won't have FIFA14.

Striek

I'm sure in reality the first 500k consoles shipped (or whatever launch quantity) will have Fifa regardless of when you preorder, or indeed if you did. They'll also be Day One Edition. Thats the only way it makes sense to me.

ekim

Can you even pre-order non Day 1 editions?

Yes you can.
untitledkesob.png

beast786

it's not confusing at all.

It's xbox one, day one edition for day one .

if you don't have 3 ones , then you ain't getting FIFA day one.

You realize how confusing what you said sounds like right? I get it but what separates Day 1 pre orders from others?

lol

If it's like PS4 pre-order, the 'day one' edition just means it's an earlier pre-order and is guaranteed to have release day delivery and stuff. Anything else is 'standard' and won't necessarily reach you on launch.
I see it's different with the Xbone, with some naff controller too.

Ubiquitar

Neo Member
Was this deceit (bait and switch) on the part of MS? I was under the impression that ALL preorders in Europe would come with FIFA 14.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm sure in reality the first 500k consoles shipped (or whatever launch quantity) will have Fifa regardless of when you preorder, or indeed if you did. They'll also be Day One Edition. Thats the only way it makes sense to me.

Shame it isn't for all pre orders then because that's the message I've thought since they announced this promo.

RulkezX

Shopto also put it out on their social media today that it's only Day 1 editions.

Edit Amazon UK also only list FIFA with the sold out Day1 edition.

Alchemist

Why would they give FIFA 14 free to people who have already preordered? What's the financial benefit in doing that? The only thing I can think of is that pre orders have been disappointing and they need to convince people to make the decision or switch.

I asked this same question after the announcement. It is to prevent people from cancelling their pre-orders, apparently.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
I preordered two XB1's and they were changed to day one editions. I think everyone who is getting the console with a preorder on day one will have a day 1 edition.

So... to clarify for everyone. If someone was to pre-order an Xbox One and receive it on Day One they won't receive FIFA for free because only those who pre-order Xbox One Day One editions will receive FIFA 14 for free on Day One*.

*While supplies last.

I asked this same question after the announcement. It is to prevent people from cancelling their pre-orders, apparently.

Beucase your can still pre-oreder Day One edition in some countries
http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00CMN80K0/

So... to clarify for everyone. If someone was to pre-order an Xbox One and receive it on Day One they won't receive FIFA for free because only those who pre-order Xbox One Day One editions will receive FIFA 14 for free on Day One*.

*While supplies last.
It's pretty clear Day One edition get FIFA14 and standard editon not
Not sure why delete "edition" and make "standard" never exist

ekim

So... to clarify for everyone. If someone was to pre-order an Xbox One and receive it on Day One they won't receive FIFA for free because only those who pre-order Xbox One Day One editions will receive FIFA 14 for free on Day One.

I think all SKUs that will be out on Day 1 will be the "Day-One-Edition" SKU.

*While supplies last.

Yes lol

Unless the retailer changes your order to the 'day one' edition for free, like Amazon sometimes does.

Top Bottom