• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within TGS 2013 Trailer

No official trailer is available yet but we have got this one from the stream. Will update with official trailer once available.

Trailer officially released now!

This trailer was shown at Sony conference and shows new footage/gameplay

TGS 2013 Trailer

Dat Atmosphere!
ibpEoboFoNi7Mq.gif
ij3E9tSATNJPq.gif

Mikami is back to his survival horror roots.

Lock and mock if old.

nynt9

Someone post a gif of that grudge-like monster near the end.

Also, I was skeptical of this game, but that trailer looked amazing.

mattp

dammit when they open those double doors and he goes "that smell..."
looks just like the doors to spencer mansion in re1

I saw that trailer yesterday and I was blown away. It looks like they polished it a little bit compared to that leaked gameplay from earlier on.

wrowa

It's a compilation of scenes from the backstage-presentation Betheshda has shown at different events. Not sure why they aren't just releasing the complete video...

Contra11

Banned
The atmosphere reminds me of the old resident evil games which is a great thing but the graphics does not seem great to me ..

Into

My most anticipated next gen game, it looks great

Love how "quite" the build up is, even in the trailer. Usually trailers are trying to bombard you with cool images, and loud noises, yet Mikami still holds back, sets it up.

Cajun

Neo Member
Mikami said Survival Horror wasn't scary anymore, and he was right. He also said he knows how to make survival horror scary again, and judging by this trailer, he was right.

The gameplay running from the chainsaw guy didn't cut it for me, but this trailer is a significant step up. Between the light speed enemy (the Tyrant of The Evil Within? Please. We need a good ole' fashioned Tyrant), and shots that finally make the spider woman look scary, at the very least, the monster design looks great. The atmosphere looks great too. Macabre, exactly how the genre should be.

SamuraiX-

Love that we're being given a little more insight on the story.

Hyped as ever for this one. The successor of Resident Evil and Dead Space.

zma1013

Some of the scare factor is going to be about how they present the enemies I think. If every bad thing I run across interrupts the gameplay with a WWE style cinematic intro then the awesome jump scares will be non-existant. One of the best moments in RE4 was when
you approach the wolverine guy who's chained to the wall and he suddenly breaks from his chains and comes right at you when you are wholly expecting a cutscene to initiate instead.
It was especially cruel because the pre-release screenshots had set that particular scene up to look like there was a cutscene when it never actually happened in the game.

So, they are calling it Psycho Break in Japan? Put me on team Psycho Break, I actually prefer that name over "The Evil Within".

This game doesn't really need to ride on the coat tails of Resident Evil in every respect.

Game looks great through, but that dialogue is still rather cringe-worthy.

i LOVE that horror games are back. remember when all we pretty much had was Dead Space, not too long ago?

i will enjoy being scared playing this.

Cajun

Neo Member
i LOVE that horror games are back. remember when all we pretty much had was Dead Space, not too long ago?

i will enjoy being scared playing this.

Those were rough times my friend. Especially after Dead Space 2 happened. Then we had nothing. Downpour made so many promises too.

I like "The Evil Within". Psycho Break just sounds like a generic game-y title from years ago. "The Evil Within" reminds me more of a movie.

Top Bottom