• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Evil Within TGS 2013 Trailer

Mr-Joker

Banned
Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC (one of the benefits of having Tango owned by a PC-friendly publisher). So yeah, unless you play only Nintendo, you can't really miss this based on platform.

Aw sweet I can get this game without having to buy a next gen system. So I assuming the release date is sometime in 2014?

mf luder

I think I'm getting bored with gaming, next gen just isn't appealing to me at all. Looks like more of the same but looks nicer.

Sony Japan event. Pretty sure they'll be at TGS too, this was probably something where they wanted to give certain announcements their own space and not have them swallowed up by TGS.

ok thx

For some reason I totally missed the news on this conference being held this early.

Maybe I'm getting this conference's timing confused with the Pre-E3's timing.

i65S01Nva13EB.gif

Nooo did not want to see!

skypunch

Banned
Looks great. One thing I'm hoping for though is more doors and exploration instead of just being guided down unrealistically long corridoors to reach the obvious next door to reach the next area to progress and trigger the next scripted event so that you can leg it down another ridiculously long corridoor to reach the next obvious door/elevator to reach an open area, stock up on supplies, kill some enemies, and then proceed to enter another building solely designed for triggering even more scripted events rather than for exploration. This will be a game killer for me.

And on the topic of corridoors, why would a corridoor be built that long to serve just one door? I can understand that it serves for the scripted event, but architecturally, it's unrealistic and makes it obvious to me that instead of crafting well designed areas/rooms, the developers have subconsciously sacrificed that and instead, have decided to plant their focus on flashy ostentatious scripted events.

Another thing that bothered me: We notice during when Sebastian is walking towards the Asylum, there are a good amount of windows allocated around it. These have to be rooms, right? I can't wait to explore them. What bothered me was the fact that there wasn't a single door I could see, no staircase, no elevator, no nothing to lead to these other areas inside the Asylum, just a dead end security room. This has got me feeling incredibly skeptical that the game will be a one way ticket to a linear rollercoaster ride. And I hope that's not the case. (No pun intended)

Yuterald

I swear to God, if this game uses checkpoints and a chapter select, I'm done. This game better fucking have limited saves in some ink ribbon-like fashion. This isn't "going back to your roots" unless certain standards/elements are met. This will seriously make or break the game for me. I wish we could actually get details on the game's structure. =/

Looks great. One thing I'm hoping for though is more doors and exploration instead of just being guided down unrealistically long corridoors to reach the obvious next door to reach the next area to progress and trigger the next scripted event so that you can leg it down another ridiculously long corridoor to reach the next obvious door/elevator to reach an open area, stock up on supplies, kill some enemies, and then proceed to enter another building solely designed for triggering even more scripted events rather than for exploration. This will be a game killer for me.

And on the topic of corridoors, why would a corridoor be built that long to serve just one door? I can understand that it serves for the scripted event, but architecturally, it's unrealistic and makes it obvious to me that instead of crafting well designed areas/rooms, the developers have subconsciously sacrificed that and instead, have decided to plant their focus on flashy ostentatious scripted events.

Another thing that bothered me: We notice during when Sebastian is walking towards the Asylum, there are a good amount of windows allocated around it. These have to be rooms, right? I can't wait to explore them. What bothered me was the fact that there wasn't a single door I could see, no staircase, no elevator, no nothing to lead to these other areas inside the Asylum, just a dead end security room. This has got me feeling incredibly skeptical that the game will be a one way ticket to a linear rollercoaster ride. And I hope that's not the case. (No pun intended)

Yes, exactly my thoughts. Resident Evil 5/6, The Last of Us, just about every modern day 3rd person shooter/action game that tries to implement "survival" elements just doesn't do it for me anymore. I HIGHLY doubt I'm going to get what I want out of this game, but we'll see, I suppose.

I'm hoping for a delicious direct feed download.

Edit: Some of that footage reminds me of the prototype versions of RE4. Gonna enjoy this on the PC for sure.

FINALBOSS

Banned
I was very worried that this game would have no combat (not sure why, I just thought it was for the longest time since previous trailers showed him unarmed). Very glad to be proven wrong by this--at least going by the shot of him with a shotgun.

Is 2.35:1 confirmed to be optional or mandatory?

Also, is that trailer coming through as compressed completely to hell for anyone else?

Also, is that trailer coming through as compressed completely to hell for anyone else?

It's a illegal leaked trailer probably recored with a cell phone. What did you expect?
This is not a leaked trailer. It was ripped from the LiveStream. It was showcased during the Sony Conference Yesterday.

I am searching for a direct-feed official trailer but haven't found one yet. Maybe they are waiting for TGS.

It looks like a current gen game, is it?
It is cross-gen but obviously main focus is on current gen.

As far as we know it's mandatory, as it was an 'artistic' choice on Mikami's part.

Graphics wise I have a feeling it is going to disappoint those who expect a 'next-gen' looking title, as it's cross gen and from a fairly small Japanese team. That said I thought elements of the trailer - especially the lighting, rain effects and cloth physics looked impressive.

Bladenic

I swear to God, if this game uses checkpoints and a chapter select, I'm done. This game better fucking have limited saves in some ink ribbon-like fashion. This isn't "going back to your roots" unless certain standards/elements are met. This will seriously make or break the game for me. I wish we could actually get details on the game's structure. =/

Yes, exactly my thoughts. Resident Evil 5/6, The Last of Us, just about every modern day 3rd person shooter/action game that tries to implement "survival" elements just doesn't do it for me anymore. I HIGHLY doubt I'm going to get what I want out of this game, but we'll see, I suppose.

Limited saves? Lol sorry this is 2013

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Looked like RE4 prototype that was never released. All over this obviously, Mikami is god.

It's a illegal leaked trailer probably recored with a cell phone. What did you expect?

What are you talking about? Watch it again, it's obviously not recorded on a cellphone. Also, no need to get pissy - i was wondering it I was just having connection issues.

This is not a leaked trailer. It was ripped from the LiveStream. It was showcased during the Sony Conference Yesterday.

Much obliged, that makes more sense.

Any idea if they've specified options for aspect ratio? I didn't love the GC mandatory widescreen for RE4, and I still don't appreciate it now. I saw one of the devs saying something at E3 like "It's just super atmospheric that you can't see your characters feeet on the ground." Eh... not so much.

Edit: NM answered above, thanks fella.

televator

The new title sounds meh, but I just can't wait to play this game. Any hype I've had for other games has been reduced as more about them is revealed, but the more I see of this game.... the harder I get. :p

If I would have seen that for the first time while playing this game, I probably would have screamed. That's the kind of stuff that gives nightmares. Scary looking monster, is super fast, and has a terrifying scream. They did a swell job with the atmosphere so far so I'm impressed.

Top Bottom