• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ryse - Stunning 1080p footage + Bonus execution vids

This deserves its own thread, footage looks incredible...

Crytek uploaded 1080p version of Combat Viddoc. Unfortunately only 10mbps ;

http://assets.crytek.com/asset-bank...tributeId=0&sortDescending=false&movedBr=null

Some 1080p shots i've managed to get from this video. It should be at least 30mbps ;

ilkAYYVAVFg8A.png

ibnJgSEM3X94z5.png

imSOXOmCGFt9E.png

ipQyuvFhBnFM.png

ibw19NYZWyc39B.png

ib7qFTRv9Er3T.png

ibvvH01t8YAM8m.png

i5ngs68TefbRd.png

io7vCDva8jQJP.png

New execution vids

Bonus...

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Really hoping the SP turns out good so I can get something with my Xbox One other than Forza.

JoeFenix

Looks like cleaned up footage in terms of IQ, wouldn't be surprised if the final build has quite a bit more aliasing.

lazydom

I dont think anyone doubts Ryse will be an amazingly pretty game, it's the core gameplay that is coming across as underwhelming.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
This could well be the best looking launch game on any next gen system.

demolitio

Besides all the other issues that have been discussed, I'd like to echo the statements about the art design on the Romans bugging me. If you're going to do a game about Rome, don't go too fantasy with the armor and unrealistic for the shield when it's such an iconic period. If you did the real armor justice, I think it would actually pop out more graphically than the current armor.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I'm not seeing what's particularly amazing about the visuals, frankly, and the gameplay looks terrible. Can't see that this is going to be anything other than Xbone's Lair.

Servbot24

Banned
Yikes, really thought it would look better than that. Those screens don't really look much better than The Last of Us. I think that at the end of this gen, we will look back on this game's graphics like we look back on Kameo's graphics now.

I wanted to make some super great video-gamey pun about how I had some skill or item that allowed me to resist being stunned, but I couldn't think of one that made any actual sense, so instead I'll just say that it doesn't look that great, the visuals are fine, but it still looks pretty boring to play.

Also the thread title is in fact very silly, in spite of my failure to effectively make fun of it.

netBuff

These screens looks extremely underwhelming (quite a few textures are extremely flat and low resolution). It also doesn't seem to be a native 1080p, but that could be due to video compression.

There's also very visible aliasing and a general lack of detail.

This could well be the best looking launch game on any next gen system.

Seems highly unlikely, Ryse simply isn't that good looking compared to what we've seen from something like Driveclub or Killzone (of course, as others have pointed out after I wrote this post: These are games of very different genres and, therefore, probably not really comparable).

blazeuk

The combat looks so repetitive, the slow motion execution moves will no doubt get old very quickly as well.

No. It really does not.

As someone who has beat it 5+ times maxed out on PC and twice on 360, it looks great on 360.

Aliasing everywhere, vastly reduced foliage, worse lighting and lower res textures. I'm playing it right now on Xbox and its much much worse than the pc version

StuBurns

Banned
It looks fine visually, the animation is a little rough, but it's pretty enough, and the IQ is great. The gameplay looks awful, but it's launch flash, a console tradition.

Blackage

When I first saw Ryse I thought Microsoft had pretty much commissioned one of their teams to make a God of War clone set in...well Rome lol.

Graphically I'm impressed, they just could have gone and more fun with the setting as opposed to just going for that Gladiator look.

Kikujiro

I don't think it looks stunning, I don't think it even looks that good. Dead Rising 3 is much more next-generation.

Majanew

Banned
Hmm. I'm seeing a trend here, boys.

Just wait. I'm sure that Banderas gif of him looking at the PS4 being turned on will show up here soon, shitting up the place even more.

Well if anyone who wasn't buying an Xbone didn't post in Xbone threads they'd be mighty barren.

Yep. Thread title needed to be 'Ryse not native 1080p'. That would get all of you in here so it's not so...barren. Yay.

StuBurns

Banned
Hmm. I'm seeing a trend here, boys.

It's posts like this (drive by trolling, thread derailing) that lend credence to the 'console warz' complaints we constantly get.
I'm curious: what about all the bans is not getting the message through, exactly?
Banning people for commenting on games for systems they might not purchase but aren't even out? Classy.

Top Bottom