• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PopGAF |OT7.5| ReMix - Stanning Sarah Palin since November 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

botty

Banned
jGzppDlKzMxYW.png
ibh8XqrjAmsCsA.gif

j6qFv1R13ECSf.png
jeNpHvqxvkEKH.png
jQv6zch5n7Mrm.png
jeht47J7rUg9u.png
jp1QDYf2Nw9Vh.png
jez7HLYXFd70B.png
je5Y3sOBnfdZF.png
jb2MwLJABWKjs.png
jQSKMrhE27Pl3.png
jYb3jxwRjc0Pn.png
jgnOvSG0mljJh.png
jb0PGaX9HKoqeH.png
jIGAahwbiNONx.png
jbim2CQ1HzgL8f.png
jiQBjoVezJUZx.png
jVSMyPPRi73BR.png
jbe8BaVAJ9Z2ey.png
jSMb9m8DBZ8q6.png

jDqJarctCnVuN.png

idZo0md93wslF.gif

Hello there! Welcome to the 7th iteration of POPGAF! My name is botty!

People call this place a safe haven for Pop enthusiast and true music lovers! But this thread is also inhabited by creatures called STANS! For some people, stans are adorable avid fans. Others see them as vicious gif-wielding creatures. Myself... I study stans as a profession. And in my time here I have found a great place to discover new artist and engage with other music fanatics. If you're new here don't be afraid to say hello, share a new tune, and/or state your faves. The language here may be confusing for newcomers, so be sure to check out the "Stan-Dictionary." And remember, we're here to have a good time and enjoy music—check the hate at the door.

Right! So now your very own POPGAF legend is about to unfold! A world of dreams and adventures with stans awaits! Let's go!

j7Irqpukms8lr.png

ibsLMxGkBtUO0T.gif

This space will be periodically updated to showcase the current months new albums, singles, and videos. Click the images below to be sent directly to where you can view, listen or purchase the items below. The numbers on albums will be the key dates for their official or rumored release. This will be built from my own findings and everyone's recommendations, so do suggest and promote whatever new material surfaces in the ever changing and growing world of Pop!

August
SEPTEMBER

jNZKX0NVzvj4y.png

jrjMxkLcGEfgL.png

Britney Spears - Work Bitch
Sky Ferreira - You're Not The One

jbmk0UxBiV4J06.png

Katy Perry - Roar
Miley Cyrus - Wrecking Ball

jQhvCyVf36Xbt.png

In the world of pop there are girls that can snatch a headline just by stepping out of their front door. And then there are lessor...known girls who are up and coming or under rated. This space will provide an opportunity for those girls to shine bright and avoid being buried underneath discussion. However, this place is only reserved for those who get a member of pop gaf to put together an exemplary post dedicated to the artist. It will be updated regularly.

So I discovered a new girl like two days ago. She's an indie artist and she's Latina, a rare but welcome combination *.*
I don't know if she's been mentioned before. Either way, I made an Artist Spotlight for ha, botty ;)

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT

Empress-Of1.jpg

Empress Of
Originating from Brooklyn, New York, Lorely Rodriguez is another artist who has made the internet her debut platform. Lorely adopted the stage name of Empress Of and soon posted a series of so called "Colorminutes" on YouTube, 1-minute songs that showed her range of talent. Click here to check them out. Since then, Empress Of has released the single Champagne (along with B-side, Don't Tell Me) and her debut EP, Systems. Her sound can essentially be described as dream-pop glittered with retro electronic synths and beats. Her alto voice could remind one of Grimes and FKA Twigs. Another thing, Empress Of does know spanish and thus has two great Spanish songs in her EP.

You may like Empress Of if you like: Blood Orange, Solange

Music

✫
98HYr2A.png
✫ ★
homepage_large.38ea4ada.jpg
★

✫Champagne✫
Champagne | Don't Tell Me
Video: Champagne
Purchase: iTunes
Stream: Spotify

★Systems★
1.Hat Trick
2. No Means No
3. Tristeza
4. Camisa Favorita

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT

tumblr_ms595vKqCQ1qarsh8o1_250.jpg

FKA Twigs
From Gloucestershire, England, part Jamaican and part Spanish, FKA Twigs found her passion of music at a young age. Preferring a quiet and simple life, Twigs (a nickname referring to the way her bones snap when she contorts) has remained focused on crafting her music which usually consists of her soft, delicate vocals surrounded by minimalistic, yet very experimental uses of production. There is a mixture of R&B, trip-hop, and electronic in most of her songs. You can listen to her first EP (appropriately titled EP1) on her website.

1774740.300.jpg

EP2
OUT SEPTEMBER 17
EP2 is FKA Twigs' second EP. Written and produced by Twigs and Arca who worked on Yeezus.

Tracklist: 1. How's That 2. Papi Pacify 3. Water Me 4. Ultraviolet
Videos: Water Me | Papi Pacify | How's That

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT

ibeblTq1Y2yB5P.gif

Artist Spotlight Blurb said:
The spotlight shines on Annie, as recommended by Cory64. You can check out her latest EP, "The A&R," below.

B3F0YRt.jpg

Purchase ll Stream

jbs7Gu74ZCw67C.png

igZc2JhTGzFEA.gif

The community space will be used to promote creativity, showcase events, and help old and new members discover ways to connect with other Pop gaf members. Most of the things listed here will be exclusively directed and for Pop Gaf members, so be sure to join in and get active with the best community on Gaf!

jbf3w4jp6y4oxe.png

All Events and contest will be posted here. However, they will only be listed if the community actually agrees to take part, such as with the PopGaf Olympics, Grammys, etc.

Wafflecakes' Album Prediction Competition
Wafflecakes said:
Rules/Procedures:
1. Make your predictions before the first single of the album is released (excluding JT or other surprise releases). I choose the cutoff dates and may be flexible depending on the circumstances at my discretion.
2. You may change your predictions by posting in popgaf or by PM. If banned you can use Plug/ATRL/Last.fm
3. I will include NO MORE than 8 albums total in the predictions contest. I choose which albums are included.
4. Your two worst predictions (or two albums that you fail to provide predictions for) will be dropped.
5. Winners will be determined by what percentage off of the actual sales the predictions are. (A prediction of 150k where the actual sales are 200k would be off by 25%)
6. We will be going off the official Billboard/HDD tallies.
7. In the case of a tie on an individual round the win will go to whoever is closest on the next album release.
8. I reserve the right to adjust rules as needed.

Prizes:
1st Place: $20 Amazon/Itunes Gift Card
2nd Place: $10 Amazon/Itunes Gift Card
Winner of each round: $5 Amazon Gift Card

+ bragging rights of course.

Here is the link to the most current predictions!

Current Standings:
wWQXq4G.png

jby24jGYqdRRGP.png

The Star Achievement system is an evolution of Aguila's iconic star system, which was made to promote productive and artistic post. The Star Achievement system will work in the same philosophy, in that it will reward things like: well written reviews or art, but will also expand the ways in which stars can be earned. Replacing the old bronze, silver, and diamond stars are the "Iconic Stars," which are each rewarded for different achievements in Pop Gaf. How these Stars are rewarded will not be explicitly stated at any time, but as they are earned it may or may not become obvious how to earn the specific stars. Each star will be listed below and may be directly linked to the post for which the star was awarded.

Previous Star Members
OT3 ll OT4 ll OT5 ll OT6

image.php
jpXfaOzcnFpAk.png
j8ozwvBNvKzp3.png

image.php
jy5hX2dbI1v5G.png

image.php
j8ozwvBNvKzp3.png

image.php
jIf2AqyK3266D.png

image.php
jIf2AqyK3266D.png

image.php
jIf2AqyK3266D.png

image.php
jiDr69pqsK5vX.png

image.php
jIf2AqyK3266D.png
jiDr69pqsK5vX.png

image.php
jIf2AqyK3266D.png

-
jbTxb87uyfh0C.png

As the premiere community for .gif usage, it is highly advised that you avoid using Tumblr and low quality gifs. Instead, try using the latest and most iconic .gifs from one of the folders of your fellow Pop Gaffers below:

jbyz215zEjsDON.png

...And don't forget to connect with other Pop gaffers!

Join the Pop Gaf Last.fm group. See what other popgaffers are listening to, be apart of the popgaf charts, and share your taste! Just click the image above!
Contact Nemesis_ for access to the group!

Listen to music and watch videos with plug.dj. All you need is a twitter or google account and you can hang out and live chat with other pop gaffers...whenever it works! Click the image above!
Be sure to let someone know who you are!

OT7 has been brought to you by:

i5iIxkQwE2Fnk.gif
ibm9V8u6eLFEua.gif

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Couldn't even make new artwork for the .5, huh?

#icant #mess

cory64

She's been at 113 for like 5 minutes, probably in the 50s now after the next update.
Britney is back to club mastering a la Blackout.
Still not feeling it tho.

lpUT44R.png

Yes. Which reminds me...

Everyone best have Kelly Clarkson's Wrapped In Red underneath their Christmas trees this year. Mariah hew?
This holiday will be so good to me. I'mma have to finagle a Britney/Kelly avatar in time for both of their album campaigns to begin fully.
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Does Under the Tree have a release date yet?

botty

Banned
I didn't use the C word tho.

Ok, but let's avoid anything that could be considered sexual for a while to prevent another deletion. Hopefully the MODMEI or Y2flop can lay down some laws in here, cause I'm not about to backseat mod this bitch.

But let's just refrain from these kind of post for the time being.

xoxo

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Azealia Banks - "Count Contessa"
From her 2nd album 'Fantasea II: The Second Wave'
azealia-banks-gaga.jpg

Out tomorrow:

8 AM - PST
11 AM - EST
4 PM - UK

This holiday will be so good to me. I'mma have to finagle a Britney/Kelly avatar in time for both of their album campaigns to begin fully.
ibfJ1kb0O4yk51.gif

Does Under the Tree have a release date yet?
I'm gonna have to make me a Kelly avatar too. I gotta promote my Queen Kellegend.

I don't know if the song has a release date yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom