• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag achievements revealed

Dawg

Heroes Aren't Born (20) - Complete memory sequence 1.
Good While It Lasted (20) - Complete memory sequence 2.
A Pirate's Life For Me (20) - Complete memory sequence 3.
No Apologies - Complete memory sequence 4.
Death Of A Salesman (20) - Complete memory sequence 5.
Mixing Up The Medicines (20) - Complete memory sequence 6.
The Hammer Falls (20) - Complete memory sequence 7.
Adrift (20) - Complete memory sequence 8.
A New Hope (20) - Complete memory sequence 9.
My Elusive Fortune (20) - Complete memory sequence 10.
Been Down So Long... (20) - Complete memory sequence 11.
Just Like Starting Over (20) - Complete memory sequence 12.
Saw That One Coming... (20) - Complete memory sequence 13.
Routine Hacking (20) - Complete present day mission 2.
Getting Weird Around Here (20) - Complete present day mission 3.
Bunker Buddies (20) - Complete present day mission 4.
It's All Good (20) - Complete present day mission 5.
By The Book (50) - Complete 100 per cent of all main mission constraints.
Hungover (10) - Wake up in a haystack.
Silence, Fool! (5) - Kill a guard ringing a bell.
Owned (10) -Complete every activity in a single location.
Vault Raider (30) -Unlock the secret door in Tulum.
Killer Killer (10) - Harpoon a killer whale.
Help A Brother Out (20) - Complete a Templar Hunt sequence
Sea Legs (30) -Complete all naval contracts.
King Of The Castle (30) - Capture all forts.
Employee Of The Month (30) - Complete 25 Abstergo challenges.
Business And Pleasure (20) - Earn 50,000 reales.
Mer-man (10) - Swim a total of one nmi.
Redingote Up! (10) - Craft the Hunter outfit.
Thug Life (30) - Plunder 30 ships.
Devil Of The Caribbean (40) - Defeat all four legendary ships.
Destroyer (40) - Fully upgrade the Jackdaw.
Seven Deadly Seas (10) -Explore all underwater shipwrecks.
Barfly (30) - Unlock all taverns.
Cannon Fodder (5) - Recruit 500 crew members.
FTFY (10) - Fully upgrade your hideout.
Cartographer (20) - Visit every location of the game.
Ghost In The Machine (10) - Hack 15 computers in Abstergo Entertainment.
Roped In (10) - Perform five air assassinations from a swinging rope.
Sharing Is Caring (10) - Share each type of discovery with friends once.
All Aboard! (30) - Board a ship without losing any crew members.
Siren Song (20) - Rescue pirate hostages by distracting enemies with "dancers."
Wild West Indies (20) - Kill 4 enemies in a row using multi-pistols.
Excavator (10) - Find a buried treasure.
Committed To The Cause (20) - Reach level 55 in Multiplayer.
Personal Bag Of Tricks (10) - Finish a game session with an ability set that you customized in Multiplayer.
Master Of The Caribbean (20) - Complete the Discovery Mode of Wolfpack in Multiplayer.
Lab Technician (10) - Play and complete a game session of Game Lab in the Multiplayer Public playlist.
All Rounder (20) - Play on every game mode, and use every ability and ranged weapon once in Multiplayer.

I like this one in particular:
Devil Of The Caribbean (40) - Defeat all four legendary ships

http://xbox-one.4gamers.be/nieuws/30166/1/Achievements-Assassins-Creed-IV-Black-Flag-gelekt

Commited to the Cause and All Rounder are the kind of achievements I was hoping would die going into the next generation.

Also, do we know if the PS3/PS4 versions will share trophy lists?

Derrick01

Banned
YEAH more MP achievements! Something no one asked for.

Oh well this game is likely going to have much bigger issues than its achievement list anyway.

Dawg

Oh well this game is likely going to have much bigger issues than its achievement list anyway.

Don't forget that 100% achievement.

I really hate getting 100% in every mission, there are always a couple of annoying objectives.

Nemesis_

I'm really, really glad you let us know.

I like the idea of
"Legendary Ships".
I wonder if these will tie into the history somehow.

Wasn't the mp trophy/achievement in AC3 for reaching a level like 20........
wtf ubisoft.

Brotherhood had Level 50
Revelations had Level 20
III had Level 20.

DJwest

The achievements for Batman Arkham Origins are out too.

Your overwhelming enthusiasm warms this place, Derrick :p
On a serious note though, don't you think this game looks like a major improvement over AC3?

Dawg

I'm really, really glad you let us know.

I like the idea of "Legendary Ships". I wonder if these will tie into the history somehow and be based on actual ghost ships or something.

They better give us a ship a la POTC's Flying Dutchman.

I'll be disappointed if they don't.

Theman2k

Online trophies must die !!
I was hoping game developers realize we hate online trophies thus ending them next gen.

antitrop

Online trophies must die !!
I was hoping game developers realize we hate online trophies thus ending them next gen.
How else are they going to get you to play the shitty multiplayer mode nobody cares about?

Unless it's Call of Duty, then they make all the achievements for the shitty single player mode that nobody cares about, lol.

Nemesis_

I actually think that both Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect surprised me this generation with their multiplayer modes. Both are particularly enjoyable - especially if you've got a friend to play them with and both perform quite well too.

I really liked the co-op mode they introduced in III - it was Horde mode, essentially, but with a stealthy AC-like twist.

Derrick01

Banned
Your overwhelming enthusiasm warms this place, Derrick :p
On a serious note though, don't you think this game looks like a major improvement over AC3?

No not really. Based on how the series (and Ubisoft) operates I could probably already tell you how most of the content is going to be laid out. There will be a ton of bars to fill, most of the side content will be repetitive filler that takes little effort to do and offers no meaningful reward (due to poor balancing), none of the economy based mechanics, like the supplies you get from raiding ships, will be balanced at all, and the combat and platforming will still be largely automatic.

I also predict sailing will get old in this game even faster than it did in 3 since the whole game is built around it. There was already very little depth or diversity in the boat stuff from 3, I don't expect it to be all that deeper in 4.

FYC

Banned
I don't really like multiplayer cheevos, but man I've always been dying to try AC multiplayer. It looks fantastic, reminds me of The Ship / Bloody Good Time.

I'll probably hold off though. I still haven't touched AC3 because of the negative feedback.

I guess this confirms that there will be
present day missions too.
Hopefully they are a damn sight better than those in 3.

Dawg

I guess this confirms that there will be
present day missions too.
Hopefully they are a damn sight better than those in 3.

Look at the list again, there's quite a few present day achievements

Carbonox

Platinum'd AC3 with a smile on my face, will Platinum this. However, I'm being careful not to spoil anything so can anyone confirm how many/what the multiplayer trophies are? The AC3 were a piece of piss and hopefully AC4's ones will be too.

No not really. Based on how the series (and Ubisoft) operates I could probably already tell you how most of the content is going to be laid out. There will be a ton of bars to fill, most of the side content will be repetitive filler that takes little effort to do and offers no meaningful reward (due to poor balancing), none of the economy based mechanics, like the supplies you get from raiding ships, will be balanced at all, and the combat and platforming will still be largely automatic.

I also predict sailing will get old in this game even faster than it did in 3 since the whole game is built around it. There was already very little depth or diversity in the boat stuff from 3, I don't expect it to be all that deeper in 4.

Sounds about right. I think being fully open world with seafaring might make side missions less repetitive, although I fully expect a large number of raid other pirates caves and loot their bounties.

Look at the list again, there's quite a few present day achievements

Fuck, you're right. Well this went from day one to sub £20 for me. Fuck that shit, I remember it was nothing more than a 2-3 minute stop gap between the real meat of the game in AC1. Giving it more of a focus was a terrible decision.

Nemesis_

Platinum'd AC3 with a smile on my face, will Platinum this. However, I'm being careful not to spoil anything so can anyone confirm how many/what the multiplayer trophies are? The AC3 were a piece of piss and hopefully AC4's ones will be too.

You need to get to at least Level 50. That's all I know, I'm also trying not to look.

Jetman

? Is this a multiplayer achievement?

And I thought Ubi was going to put ship battle multiplayer in this? Could have swore I remembered reading something about that in GI.

Nemesis_

? Is this a multiplayer achievement?

And I thought Ubi was going to put ship battle multiplayer in this? Could have swore I remembered reading something about that in GI.

I remember reading that the GameInformer article entertained the idea but it wasn't particularly confirmed yet.

But it has since been confirmed there won't be ship battles

“We looked at the DNA of multiplayer, and we thought that ship battles aren’t really being the cool assassin. With multiplayer it’s all about you working either as a team of four players or in free-for-all, where you want to be the best player. It’s not so much about piloting a ship and using cannons to destroy the opponent’s ship.”

http://www.vg247.com/2013/07/29/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-multiplayer-wont-feature-naval-battles/

kazebyaka

Banned
Now they say ship battles are against "DNA", but earlier this year they said they just couldn't figure it out how it supposed to work or it's just too problematic to do so.

Elios83

Please be good, this and Killzone should be my PS4 launch games.
But after AC3 I'm really making a leap of faith here :p

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Look good and nothing looks like it will be trouble to do besides those bloody MP trophies, though the level 55 one seems like it will b the most annoying simply due to being a time waste.

I'm still not sure why developers think these sorts of trophies and achievements do them any good, all they do is make the players find the quickest way to get there and then never touch it again, they don't buy DLC, and they don't stick around or not trade the game in.

I guess I'm the odd one out here as I don't mind multiplayer achievements and don't mind the present day sections. I'm ready to be burnt at the stake!

Jetman

I remember reading that the GameInformer article entertained the idea but it wasn't particularly confirmed yet.

But it has since been confirmed there won't be ship battles

Aww, that's a bummer, massive ship battles along with leveling your ship up would have been a fun diversion from the standard multiplayer.

CorrisD said:
I'm still not sure why developers think these sorts of trophies and achievements do them any good, all they do is make the players find the quickest way to get there and then never touch it again, they don't buy DLC, and they don't stick around or not trade the game in.

Uh, the exact opposite. No one will trade it in because they're too busy trying to reach level 55. Customer comes in to store, can't find a used copy, buys new, and puts more money in Ubisofts pockets. Which leads to Assassins Creed V having multiplayer Prestige achievements. (I saw prestiging awards in part 3 for the multi. Thank God there were no achievements for it)

Top Bottom