• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese 3DS eshop promotion: buy any 2 games, get 1 of 14 selected games free

hongcha

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/mou1pon/index.html

How it works:

1)Purchase any 2 retail or downloadable retail games on this list, including MH4 and the soon-to-be-released Pokemon X/Y. You can buy 1 retail and 1 downloadable game, if you like. It doesn't have to be 2 retail or 2 downloadable games. Eshop exclusive games (like Pushmo) do not count.

2)Register each game on Club Nintendo any time from 1-September-2013 to 13-January-2014 by filling out a survey. As long as the club nintendo code included with the game hasn't expired, it should work.

3)After doing steps 1) and 2), beginning on 1-October-2013 you can download 1 of the following 14 games for free:

Fire Emblem: Awakening
Mario Tennis Open
Kid Icarus: Uprising
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
Brain Age: Concentration Training
The 3D Encyclopedia of Flora and Fauna
Art Academy: Lessons for Everyone
Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever& New Friends& New Friends
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
Culdcept
Pocket Soccer League: Calcobit
Pilotwings Resort
Starfox 64 3D

-You can do this up to 3 times for a total of 3 free downloaded games.

QUESTION! If I bought a retail game in the past, could I buy the downloadable version and register it on Club Nintendo for this promotion? EDIT: the answer is "yes".

rjc571

Banned
Can somebody help walk me through setting up a Japanese Club Nintendo account and registering my 3DS LL to it? Understanding of the Japanese language eludes me.

I still have the Club Nintendo code for my copy of EX Troopers, so I'd just need to buy one more thing to get a free game. I already own English retail copies of all of the eligible free games that interest me, but I'd gladly take the downloadable version of OoT 3D for free... I think I've played OoT enough times that I can make it through the Japanese version.

I'm finally rewarded for always forgetting to register my games. I should go find the boxes.
moniesg0sgj.png
I think I'll take Starfox 64 3D, Brain Age, and Kid Icarus Uprising. Is KIU playable without the stand?

Zenaku

SF643D, Brain Age, and KI:U it is then.

Could you let us know if games from this also give questionnaires?

I can download one now, and was going to wait for Kid Icarus, but if the games enable questionnaires (they all seem to be on the list of games) then I could get Culdcept and then combine that with Pokemon to get KI.

I can download one now, and was going to wait for Kid Icarus, but if the games enable questionnaires (they all seem to be on the list of games) then I could get Culdcept and then combine that with Pokemon to get KI.

I'll look for the game boxes and register two of them tomorrow, so someone might be able to answer that before me. I don't think Nintendo would allow such an exploit though.

fionel

I bought a bunch of games (FE, BD:FF, Project X Zone to name a few) last year and didnt register any of the codes. Does that mean I can register them now and maybe get a couple of those games for free?

hongcha

I bought a bunch of games (FE, BD:FF, Project X Zone to name a few) last year and didnt register any of the codes. Does that mean I can register them now and maybe get a couple of those games for free?

Give it a try. The codes have an expiration date on them. If they haven't expired, it should work.

Now I'm pretty mad that I registered all the codes as soon as I bought the games. I've bought like 15 retail games over the past year, but all the codes were redeemed prior to this offer. I'm not redeeming them any more until right before they expire, in case they do a similar deal in the future!

Elija2

That seems unlikely. Then it would be buy 1 get 1 free after the initial 2 games which would be a crazy exploit.

Jubern

Need to have a japanese 3ds, right?

Yes.

Found about this yesterday but somehow didn't notice you could get up to three games! I registered 3 games and will get Bravely Default FTS in December so I guess I'm good. First Kid Icarus then... Not sure. Probably Mario Tennis or Starfox.

hongcha

I am thinking of getting OoT, Starfox 64, and maybe Mario Tennis Open. How is Mario Tennis Open? Seems like it would be a nice game to have stored on the system.

Zornica

Banned
So if I register something and get 1 game for free... can I register the game I got for free + register another one to get my 2nd free game?
got plenty of codes left... should be enough to get 3 free games, but I'd rather not use them all yet if something similar comes along in the near future.

hongcha

So if I register something and get 1 game for free... can I register the game I got for free + register another one to get my 2nd free game?

Nope. You don't get the registration surveys for the free games (you can't register them at all).

Netto-kun

Holy crap, just realized that I registered a bunch of codes last month for the Wonderful 101 t-shirt and should have three free games waiting for me aaaaaaaaaah.

Edit: I picked Star Fox but have no idea which other games to pick... (already have EU versions of Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus and OoT 3D)

cvxfreak

Funny. My room mate doesn't care about Club Nintendo points at all, so he gave me his Dragon Quest VII and Biohazard The Mercenaries 3D Best Price codes.

So I redeemed OoT 3D for free! I'm going to get Pokemon X and Biohazard Revelations Best Price during the rest of this year, so I'm debating to get Mario Tennis or Kid Icarus next.

SuperSah

Banned
MONSTER HUNTER 4 PLEASE :c

I would complain it's not in Europe, but we got good deals like the So Many Games! promo which made me buy FE:A (which I love) and got New Leaf absolutely free.

Also, the MH3U and ACNL give a code to a friend was also terrific.

Nintendo's on to something with these promotions.

MONSTER HUNTER 4 PLEASE :c

I would complain it's not in Europe, but we got good deals like the So Many Games! promo which made me buy FE:A (which I love) and got New Leaf absolutely free.

Also, the MH3U and ACNL give a code to a friend was also terrific.

Nintendo's on to something with these promotions.

So Many Games 2. Believe.

Sinople

I'm glad I forgot to register a couple of games, Zelda OoT for free, yeah!
I'd have preferred a physical copy but oh well.

Give it a try. The codes have an expiration date on them. If they haven't expired, it should work.
Given the codes have to entered/eShop games purchased in a set period for this promotion, it would be a shame if the list included games that had expired.

Zornica

Banned
Given the codes have to entered/eShop games purchased in a set period for this promotion, it would be a shame if the list included games that had expired.

that's very unlikely.
I got a few launch or near launch game codes here and they all expire in 2014, like Beyond the Labyrinth which is going to expire on jan 31st 2014.

btw...
Wasn't there a code to register the 3ds itself?

rjc571

Banned
Can somebody help walk me through setting up a Japanese Club Nintendo account and registering my 3DS LL to it? Understanding of the Japanese language eludes me.

I still have the Club Nintendo code for my copy of EX Troopers, so I'd just need to buy one more thing to get a free game. I already own English retail copies of all of the eligible free games that interest me, but I'd gladly take the downloadable version of OoT 3D for free... I think I've played OoT enough times that I can make it through the Japanese version.

Fine, since nobody wants to help me, I'll just do everything myself!

After much tribulation, I managed to set up a Japanese Club Nintendo account and registered my 3DS LL and my copy of EX Troopers. I also ordered Sayonara Umihara Kawase from Play-Asia for $37. Free digital copy of OoT here I come!

yyr

I'll soon own two retail games, so I'll be eligible for this promotion. Question: is anyone aware of English language options in any of the free games? If not, are any of them easy enough to understand that I won't care? (besides StarFox 64 and Pilotwings. I own the NA versions of those already)

Also, I know it looks like I'm bringing a thread back from the dead, but the promo is still on for another month or so =)

Top Bottom