• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can't change the background color of the XBOne dashboard

Acheteedo

The bad news just keeps rolling in for Microsoft.

Sorry couldn't resist, I'm sure no one cares, seems like an easy update if people want that.

Lucent

Im sure you can still use custom backgrounds

Yeah. But seeing as how there are tiles everywhere I don't think they'd look very good unless they were over and under the tiles. The themes on PS3 worked so well because there is just the XMB and that's it.

Actually I would bet it changes based on the content section you are in. Or like when you hover the bing tab and it shows art.

Actually I would bet it changes based on the content section you are in. Or like when you hover the bing tab and it shows art.

Still black in the movie tab

XboxMoviesTVUIENUSFinal.jpg

Lucent

Custom backgrounds exclusive to Gold members.

As soon as you let your sub expire, it's back into the darkness with you.

BPoole

Toyota, Doritos, Taco Bell, Dominos, State Farm, and Justin Bieber backgrounds incoming. Wouldn't surprise me if MS charged for them too

It would be nice if they did allow these things... but considering they removed any little bit of customization that was on the 360, I'm not surprised.

fantomena

Next week:

Breaking news: Microsoft announces Xbox LIVE GOLD Challenges

Complete different challenges to unlock new feauteres!

Challenge: Subscribe for 3 years of GOLD to unlock customizable backgrounds!
Challenge: Watch 180 hours of ads to remove our fantastic and user friendly DRM-system.
Challenge: Play seek and hide with Kinect to be able to disable it.

Challenges has never been more fun!

FranXico

The background color can't be changed?

It's plain, neutral, clean black. It isn't going to hurt anyone's eyes.

That's not a problem.

Einbroch

Banned
It's going to be an ad background like many annoying websites have.

But whatever. It's cosmetic. As long as I can get to my games, apps, and so on easily, it's not a big deal.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Is the PS4's background color changable? Have they shown that yet?

If the PS3 is any indication, the UI will be fully customizable with themes, custom icons, UI colours, (dynamic) backgrounds, etcetera.

Can't imagine they'll backtrack on those options with the PS4.

Yeah. But seeing as how there are tiles everywhere I don't think they'd look very good unless they were over and under the tiles. The themes on PS3 worked so well because there is just the XMB and that's it.

It'd just work like Windows 8.1 I presume? I'd be pretty happy with that, although Microsoft likely won't allow photos to be used as a background. XMB themes were great to me because of the animation that was often well done and the fact that the icons could be adjusted to fit the theme. There are some really cool ones out there. Suppose one can't do a similar thing with the One but we will see.

UNCMark

Banned
Where's the follow-up question about themes? You can't change the background color on the current dash either without a theme.

Nymphae

Banned
Not really a big deal, but it's just another one of those nice little touches I do appreciate when it's an option.

Top Bottom