• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sony Bend working on a PS4 game?

SSReborn

Omega strain was 3 years into PS2. They brought Twisted Metal, they can do SF.

I agree with you, but that's probably not the best example :p

I think that if they semi-reboot the franchise in the vein of Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall they will do just fine.

Lion

I agree with you, but that's probably not the best example :p

I think that if they semi-reboot the franchise in the vein of Infamous Second Son and Killzone Shadow Fall they will do just fine.

I would take a remake of the Syphon Filter.

The first that and the second where the best console SF. The third was okay and omega strain...well that is a sad story. Bend did a good job with the psp ones so I think they can really get it another level further with the ps4.

Was this already confirmed? Because this is news to me.

Anyway, while I love the Vita, games that Bend makes are suited more towards consoles and would receive much more success.

Stuff like Tearaway is perfect for the Vita, but Uncharted? That really should be reserved for consoles.

Happy that they're working on the PS4. Hope they enjoy as good of a transition as it appears that Ready at Dawn are receiving.

Bend done a good job on Golden Abyss, but I really wouldn't want them to take over the Uncharted series as a whole. As far as I'm concerned the console games belong in Naughty Dogs capable paws where they can 100% maintain their level of qualty, and the smaller scale, enjoyable, ignorable, handheld games can be left to Bend.

Uncharted or not I'm interested to see what they're working on.

EDIT: If Bend can include GA's excellent gyro aiming in their PS4 title then I'm sold. They need more credit for that.

TriGen

Sony Bend making Uncharted and ND making a new IP to go along with carrying TLoU into the next-generation wouldn't surprise me. Though, it's totally possible SB is making the new IP and ND is doing Uncharted. Either way, we'll be getting something good I bet.

Bend done a good job on Golden Abyss, but I really wouldn't want them to take over the Uncharted series as a whole. As far as I'm concerned the console games belong in Naughty Dogs capable paws where they can 100% maintain their level of qualty, and the smaller scale, enjoyable, ignorable, handheld games can be left to Bend.

Uncharted or not I'm interested to see what they're working on.

That would be great if Vita was selling to Sony's satisfaction.

But when you get orders from the top that all of SCE's resources must be shifted to focus on PS4, what do you do when Naughty Dog wants to make original IPs like The Last of Us?

You shift it to the studio that has a chosen track record with Uncharted games, and is currently without a project.

But yes, I very much look forward to seeing what Bend has in store for their first HD console title.

rdrr gnr

Sony Bend making Uncharted and ND making a new IP to go along with carrying TLoU into the next-generation wouldn't surprise me. Though, it's totally possible SB is making the new IP and ND is doing Uncharted. Either way, we'll be getting something good I bet.
There are people on this forum who know but won't spill the beans, unfortunately.

I want these guys on the big show. The Vita is a dead end. And I want Syphon Filter more than anything ever, though I fear for its commercial potential.

That would be great if Vita were selling to Sony's satisfaction.

But when you get orders from the top that all of SCE's resources must be shifted to focus on PS4, what do you do when Naughty Dog wants to make original IPs like The Last of Us?

You shift it to the studio that has a chosen track record with Uncharted games, and is currently without a project.

But yes, I very much look forward to seeing what Bend has in store for their first HD console title.

Yeah, If Bend finds themselves responsible for the Uncharted series on a larger scale I won't begrude the devs for following orders, but as a big fan of both Naughty Dog and Uncharted I'd be sad to see their baby in someone else's hands. It's not like ND can't work on something new and something old at once.

My fingers are crossed for either a new Bend IP, or another game entirely.

I'm still dreaming of a Syphon Fikter reboot for Vita. But I'd be happy to see it on PS4 as well.

If their game isn't SF, then I hope it's farm fresh new IP.

Strike

Hmm. Don't quite know how to feel about this just yet. I'll guess we'll just have to wait and see. This is pretty interesting news considering what Sony Bend has said in the past regarding themselves and their desire to remain a small studio.

demolitio

You'd figure it would be Syphon Filter by now considering how long the rumors suggest one was in the works when the other game in the same rumor turned out to be true which was SOCOM 4.

Either way, they deserve a shot at the PS4 and I think they have the mechanics to make a good third-person game no matter what it is. In fact, they were pretty much my only hope for the resurrection of the SOCOM franchise even though I know it's not going to happen.

Banned
Uncharted 4. ND is done with it. It's well established. Time to outsource it and use their two teams on new IP's or one new ip and a TLOU sequel.

Possum

Whatever it is, I'm incredibly excited for it! Sony Bend has really made an impression on me over the last couple years.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I hope its Uncharted.

I thought GA was pretty neat outside of the god awful Vita shit crammed in there.

And yeah I hope Naughty Dog is done with the series.

Globox_82

Banned
If it is U4, I hope it is co developed with ND (Amy) and that they maybe go into that direction they originally planned for GA.
This is the biggest IP after GT. Can't mess it up or create another generic sequel(Drake climbing on generic scrippted walls/buildings where things stick out and glow for you to just push the stick up.

Don't run it into the ground Sony.

cuyahoga

Dudebro, My Shit is Fucked Up So I Got to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight-Up Dawg Time
Hasn't the Lost guy all but confirmed ND is doing mainline Uncharted 4? I'd be surprised if Bend became a console dev given their history.

They're a talented bunch—why not let them go wild and create something original they want to do instead of being tied to IP hand-me-downs? I think Bend could create some interesting new IP.

Heck, Sony could maybe flip it into a smaller Double Fine-style studio always doing various different projects. Why make one AAA game every three years or whatever when they could do 12 A games in three games?

Hasn't the Lost guy all but confirmed ND is doing mainline Uncharted 4? I'd be surprised if Bend became a console dev given their history.

They're a talented bunch—why not let them go wild and create something original they want to do instead of being tied to IP hand-me-downs? I think Bend could create some interesting new IP.

Heck, Sony could maybe flip it into a smaller Double Fine-style studio always doing various different projects. Why make one AAA game every three years or whatever when they could do 12 A games in three games?
RaD is making their first console game.i can see Bend as well.Bend has former 989 studios and eideic devs right?

Takao

Banned
Bend were hiring for a Vita game a few months ago. I'm going to assume that project was canceled. I'm sure someone will chime in and say it could easily be a PSV/PS4 game, but none of Sony's big games have been PSV/PS4, and Bend has only done big games.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
sly 4 was better then previous sly games, but overall i agree. i hope nd makes it.BEND doesnt have the resources that nd has or talent

I disagree, Sony Bend are just as talented as Naughty Dog plus they are far too good to work on someone elses IP. I want a new Syphon Filter and fuck Uncharted, after the shit that was Uncharted 3 I lost interest in that series. A new TLOU please.

DieH@rd

Banned
:( I wanted Vita sequel for Golden Abyss.

Oh well, hopefully they will have awesome transition to PS4, just like RAD.

Takao

Banned
So yeah, they're still hiring people with this:

Bend Studio the creators of Sony’s flagship Vita title Uncharted Golden Abyss is currently looking for the entertainment industries top Artistic talent to help us create AAA content for Sony's powerful new hardware. We just scratched the surface on what the Vita can do with Uncharted Golden Abyss and expect to push the platform even further with our future projects. Candidates must be passionate about their work and thrive in small-team environments where everyone inspires and pushes everyone else to create great games.

Sony's studios a bit of an enigma in terms of how many projects they have in their pipeline vs how many 'full-team' resources they actually have.

I would assume SSM now has 3 creative teams ( Stig, Balrog, Todd), but with 300+ people, they've more of a 2-team studio at the moment, and even then, the low-level guys would all be working on one game once that game is in 'full-production, final 3 months'

Studio Japan'e External Dev-Team are also apparently working on a PS4 game... while making Soul Sacrifice Delta at the same time.

Nothing like double-heading projects.

marcincz

Action/adventure? Maybe Uncharted from Vita? Maybe Uncharted 4? Maybe new IP? Maybe reboot of Syphon Filter or Medievil? Too many possibilities

Coiote

As expected. but if what they reveal at the VGA's is a Sony Bend Uncharted 4, I will be pissed.

It's not that I don't love Bend or Uncharted. I harbour only good feelings for both, but:

-I am eager to see what Naughty Dog is doing for the PS4;
-I don't want to see Sony Bend working on a ip that isn't rightfully theirs, they deserve more than this, I want to see a next gen Syphon Filter or a new ip.

Please, be something other than a Uncharted game.

As expected. but if what they reveal at the VGA's is a Sony Bend Uncharted 4, I will be pissed.

It's not that I don't love Bend or Uncharted. I harbour only good feelings for both, but:

-I am eager to see what Naughty Dog is doing for the PS4;
-I don't want to see Sony Bend working on a ip that isn't rightfully theirs, they deserve more than this, I want to see a next gen Syphon Filter or a new ip.

Please, be something other than a Uncharted game.

Unkarted

RalchAC

are you guys serious with this uncharted should go to Sony bend? golden abyss was terrible. that was the worst uncharted game I've ever played.

Have you played Uncharted 3?

Maybe the story was not as good as the homeconsole trilogy, but the gameplay and collectibles were a lot better. And, for god's sake, the scenary isn't shaking half of the game.

I would totally want a Bend's Uncharted 4 if they promise Amy Henning gives them the original script and is overseeing the development.

Still, what if Bend is in charge of TLOU PS4 port? They could have some programmers with that game, learning how to use properly the PS4, while most of the team is with an unnanounced Vita title. I'm only guessing.

If that's true we'll have a last Bend Vita game, but they'll move to the PS4 after that. It's sad, but if Sony want their talent to grow they need to give them some freedom, like they did with Ready at Dawn.

kensama

Jak and daxter 4 confirmed?

icon_forum_14.gif
icon_forum_14.gif
icon_forum_14.gif
icon_forum_14.gif

Syphon Filter? That seems like the most obvious possibility.

I hope it is Syphon Filter as well, burning people with teaser on Next Gen would be pure epic.

Though Syhpon Filter is a Stealth game --kinda--, so I am not sure about the adventure part in the listing.

Top Bottom