• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police and Doctors tag team for insane nightmare search of person's anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

This is truly a nightmare. The 8 point list reads like a goddamn horror story.

I didn't quote the whole article, there's more at the link:http://www.kob.com/article/stories/...72540855_1946355_409358172526545#.UnkLAfmshcY

This 4 On Your Side investigation looks into the actions of police officers and doctors in Southern New Mexico.

A review of medical records, police reports and a federal lawsuit show deputies with the Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office, police officers with the City of Deming and medical professionals at the Gila Regional Medical Center made some questionable decisions.

The incident began January 2, 2013 after David Eckert finished shopping at the Wal-Mart in Deming. According to a federal lawsuit, Eckert didn't make a complete stop at a stop sign coming out of the parking lot and was immediately stopped by law enforcement.

Eckert's attorney, Shannon Kennedy, said in an interview with KOB that after law enforcement asked him to step out of the vehicle, he appeared to be clenching his buttocks. Law enforcement thought that was probable cause to suspect that Eckert was hiding narcotics in his anal cavity. While officers detained Eckert, they secured a search warrant from a judge that allowed for an anal cavity search.

The lawsuit claims that Deming Police tried taking Eckert to an emergency room in Deming, but a doctor there refused to perform the anal cavity search citing it was "unethical."
But physicians at the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City agreed to perform the procedure and a few hours later, Eckert was admitted.

While there, Eckert was subjected to repeated and humiliating forced medical procedures. A review of Eckert's medical records, which he released to KOB, and details in the lawsuit show the following happened:

1. Eckert's abdominal area was x-rayed; no narcotics were found.
2. Doctors then performed an exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
3. Doctors performed a second exam of Eckert's anus with their fingers; no narcotics were found.
4. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
5. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a second time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
6. Doctors penetrated Eckert's anus to insert an enema a third time. Eckert was forced to defecate in front of doctors and police officers. Eckert watched as doctors searched his stool. No narcotics were found.
7. Doctors then x-rayed Eckert again; no narcotics were found.
8. Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.​

Throughout this ordeal, Eckert protested and never gave doctors at the Gila Regional Medical Center consent to perform any of these medical procedures.

Searched but didn't see anything. Violate me anally if old.
Please God no.

EDIT :::::

Extra relevant info:

In addition, even if the search warrant was executed in the correct New Mexico county, the warrant expired at 10 p.m. Medical records show the prepping for the colonoscopy started at 1 a.m. the following day, three hours after the warrant expired.

gamma

41346-snape-dafuq-myUZ.jpeg

What the hell......this is very disturbing and disgusting. How the hell did they notice he was clenching anyways...

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't see the problem. If you have nothing to hide, then you have no reason to object to the procedures outlined above.

And furthermore, creeping across the line at a stop sign is SUPER DANGEROUS.

If he hadn't committed a serious traffic crime to begin with, he wouldn't have been inconvenienced.

usea

What the hell......this is very disturbing and disgusting. How the hell did they notice he was clenching anyways...
It's very possible the guy just pissed them off so they decided to get back at him.

edit: there's a joke here about getting jammed up.

I don't see the problem. If you have nothing to hide, then you have no reason to object to the procedures outlined above.

And furthermore, creeping across the line at a stop sign is SUPER DANGEROUS.

If he hadn't committed a serious traffic crime to begin with, he wouldn't have been inconvenienced.

Completely agree. He was probably hiding terrorist plans that conveniently disappeared when he exited the vehicle like Inspector Gadget assignments.

He was a threat to society and these officers did what they could to secure my freedom.

glaurung

Forced to defecate in front of a series on onlookers. That is some proper social nightmare material right there.

I also cannot see the logic or comprehension behind the incompetence - did they expect new things to magically manifest in his colon when they x-rayed him for a third time? Unless they had shoved something new up there themselves?

slit

I always wonder when I hear stories like this. After going through all that, what do the police say to the person before releasing them after finding nothing?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
So judges just hand out warrants for anal cavity searches because a guy is clenching his ass cheeks? The fuck?

Is it normal practice to ask a civilian to step out of a vehicle for a minor moving violation. I have had several tickets and never ONCE been asked to get out of the car,

And while I'm complaining, all but one of those tickets was bullshit on quota day.

And quota day is real.

Zozz

Banned
I don't get it, how did nobody stop this, how was this allowed, was nobody even thinking about the repercussions. THE FUCK

The x-ray showed no drugs and yet they continued to investigate?

Why? Wouldn't the lack of drugs on the x-ray be enough to prove there were no drugs inside of him? What the hell were the doctors thinking...

Askani

I also cannot see the logic or comprehension behind the incompetence - did they expect new things to magically manifest in his colon when they x-rayed him for a third time? Unless they had shoved something new up there themselves?

If you're already that far down the rabbit hole, no pun intended, you might as well go all in, no pun intended.

What did they have to lose at the point? They had a court order and doctors working with them. I'm sure they would have done a Vivisection if they thought they could get away with it.

usea

I always wonder when I hear stories like this. After going through all that, what do the police say to the person before releasing them after finding nothing?
Police like this see citizens as the enemy. They probably told him he's lucky he got away without being charged this time.

So judges just hand out warrants for anal cavity searches because a guy is clenching his ass cheeks? The fuck?
Yes. They will sign just about anything. Around here they do DUI traffic stops on main roads. Anybody who refuses a sobriety test (breathalyzer etc) has blood drawn on the side of the road for a blood-alcohol content test. A warrant is required to compel drivers to give blood, but they actually camp out a judge on the side of the road to rubber stamp every request. The reasoning is that if they refuse a sobriety test, that's cause to to a blood test.

I don't get it, how did nobody stop this, how was this allowed, was nobody even thinking about the repercussions. THE FUCK

It was rape, plain and simple. I hope this guy sues them for all they're worth and he gets all the help he needs to cope with the trauma he suffered that day.

Dali

I'm gonna let you off with just a warning for the stop sign. You do realize this was all your fault right? Stop at stop signs so in the future we won't be forced probe you. now get the fuck out of here

Askani

Around here they do DUI traffic stops on main roads. Anybody who refuses a sobriety test (breathalyzer etc) has blood drawn on the side of the road for a blood-alcohol content test. A warrant is required to compel drivers to give blood, but they actually camp out a judge on the side of the road to rubber stamp every request. The reasoning is that if they refuse a sobriety test, that's cause to to a blood test.

In Missouri you can refuse a breathalyzer, blood test, and urine test. I don't know if they can do it without consent with a warrant or not. However if you refuse all three of those, they simply immediately suspend your license for one year and you have to take and pay for a class to get it back at the end of that year.

Now imagine that same scenario if it was a woman and her vagina instead of his anus and how many people involved would feel it would be ok to even consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom