• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police and Doctors tag team for insane nightmare search of person's anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Of all the ridiculous aspects of the story, I'm curious what trained medical doctors thought they would find on the second x-ray that didn't show up on the first. Maybe someone lost a watch?

Gcsebiolgut2.gif

You can never be too careful, look at all the hiding places!

BeerSnob

Of all the ridiculous aspects of the story, I'm curious what trained medical doctors thought they would find on the second x-ray that didn't show up on the first. Maybe someone lost a watch?

They get paid per procedure, yeah? "What's that officer, you also want to sedate him and graft a panther tail to the suspect? Well, I could use another couple Ferraris...nurse, get my crimes against humanity gloves, we're going in!"

Really?

Wow.
I bet the criminals in this case may still avoid repercussions. If it's a small town I wouldn't at all be surprised by him getting threatened to shut up.

GorillaJu

I don't hope the guy gets millions from the police. That's taxpayer money and it's not fair for the common people to all be held accountable financially for a fuck up on the police department's behalf.

I hope the hospital, however, has to pay out the ass, and that everyone in charge from the PD as well are fired and given jail time or probation.

Flagrant abuse of authority, with no respect for human rights or the medical profession. Good on that first hospital for doing the right thing.

Really?

Wow.
I bet the criminals in this case may still avoid repercussions. If it's a small town I wouldn't at all be surprised by him getting threatened to shut up.

Really?

Wow.

Deming is by no means a small town. It's basically part of the conglomeration that is Alamogordo.

Edit: What just happened there Squiddy?

Deming is by no means a small town. It's basically part of the conglomeration that is Alamogordo.

Edit: What just happened there Squiddy?
I know nothing about America so I'll take your word for it. I hope for the best for this poor dude.

Some weird time delayed dp, I blame Chrome (go Firefox, people!)

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Surgery? Holy shit wtf?

I hope like hell I never find myself faced with that situation. I'd like to think I'd be able to do something to stop that horror show from continuing, but the reality is in the face of police abuse you're powerless to stop something like from happening until it's too late.

I hate these stories because he has every reason to sue and sue big, but ultimately it's the taxpayers that end up footing the bill. Send the judge and those fucking cops to jail for an extended period of time to help right this wrong.

Prison for the police. License to practice revoked and prison for the doctors.

Millions of dollars for the victim.

Anything less is unacceptable.

Couldn't agree more, but don't forget the piece of shit judge.

So apparently New Mexico is now someplace I will never want to visit

I love the state, it's my home state and I miss it (mostly the food, desert, and my family, but whatever), but the unofficial motto is "New Mexico: The land of entrapment. Come on vacation, leave on probation."

It's funny cause the actual state motto is 'Land of Enchantment'

CTLance

This thread made me realize what a terrible person I am. This was borderline rape, and all I could do as I read on was giggle and laugh at the absurdity of it all. Seriously, this reads like a cheapo comedy movie subplot. It's absolutely surreal.

Also, judging by his bad luck so far I have a feeling he'll have to get a colonoscopy by a court-appointed medical expert to ascertain whether or not they did any lasting damage to his gut. Also, on the way back from the hospital he'll be abducted by those special kinds of aliens.

Seriously though, I really hope he can cope with what was done to him, and that those who wronged him get their just punishments.

LordCanti

Hopefully he'll get paid out the ass and be able to put this whole ordeal behind him.

This joke's for you CTLance. Laughter is the best coping mechanism for when things are really fucked.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Hate to be dark about this but what are the chances this man will be either be killed for resisting/attacking an officer, arrested with drugs on his "possession" or taken into custody for a bevy of "valid" reasons.

Seriously, I'd be paranoid and living in fear every day and I'm sure that's how the police there want it... hoping that your fear will get the best of you so you can fuck up.

EDIT: BTW, not that any of this was justified but why did the cops seems so confident? Was there a criminal history? This is all based on the dog may/or may not have smelled a possible odder of drugs in his car seat. Chicago Tribune reported that the success rate are actually quite low and police sometimes use the dogs for excuse.

JDSN

Banned
Im more shocked that the doctors continued after the first enema, but then again one of them was named "Okay".

Foghorn Leghorn

Unconfirmed Member
Guess this isn't the first time it's happened either. They have another story near the bottom of the story at the link.

http://www.kob.com/article/stories/S3210356.shtml#.UnoZs3m9Kc0

Our investigation reveals another chapter. Another man, another minor traffic violation, another incident with Leo the K-9 and another example of the violation of a man's body.
Police reports state deputies stopped Timothy Young because he turned without putting his blinker on.
Again, Leo the K-9 alerts on Young's seat.
Young is taken to the Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, and just like Eckert, he's subjected to medical procedures including x-rays of his stomach and an anal exam.
Again, police found nothing, and again the procedures were done without consent, and in a county not covered by the search warrant.
We've learned more about that drug dog, Leo, that seems to get it wrong pretty often. He might be getting it wrong because he's not even certified in New Mexico.
If you take a look at the dog's certification, the dog did get trained. But his certification to be a drug dog expired in April 2011. K-9s need yearly re-certification courses, and Leo is falling behind.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Pretty indefensible behavior from whatever docs allowed this to go on. Cannot even imagine what they were thinking. Wouldn't know exactly how to handle the situation if he was brought to my ER, but I for damn sure would refuse multiple enemas and a scope.

I don't hope the guy gets millions from the police. That's taxpayer money and it's not fair for the common people to all be held accountable financially for a fuck up on the police department's behalf.

Taxpayers are voters, and Sheriffs that head police departments are elected officials. Millions of $ from the taxpayers is a great motivation for them to elect a Sheriff that will crack down on these abuses.

vikki

Everything and anything can be used to incriminate people these days. Hopefully the man will get a big paycheck for this ridiculous behavior.

UPDATE:

http://www.abajournal.com/news/arti...ng_3-enema_hospital_colonoscopy_ordeal_after/

A city and county in New Mexico have agreed to settle for $1.6 million their portion of litigation brought by an arrestee who said he was subjected to a humiliating hospital anal exam involving three enemas, a colonoscopy and more after a traffic stop last year.

The city of Deming and Hidalgo County got a search warrant to authorize the examination of David Eckert after he was pulled over for failing to yield to a stop sign when exiting a parking lot on Jan. 2. It was based on a police dog's alert to the alleged presence of drugs near the driver's seat of his vehicle and a claim that Eckert appeared to be clenching his buttocks

More at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom