• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Police and Doctors tag team for insane nightmare search of person's anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Askani

Why did they keep trying when they didn't find anything?

UVRtZi9.jpg

I don't see the problem. If you have nothing to hide, then you have no reason to object to the procedures outlined above.

And furthermore, creeping across the line at a stop sign is SUPER DANGEROUS.

If he hadn't committed a serious traffic crime to begin with, he wouldn't have been inconvenienced.

Stinkles
sober, clothed, willing
(Today, 09:28 AM)

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I don't understand how things like this happen. Wouldn't at some point at least one person stop and say, "Hey guys we're probably going to get the everliving shit sued out of us and end up in the news for this.". I just don't get it.

SUPREME1

Banned
I'll have to wait for the SCOTUS to give an opinion. I'd rather not trust the opinions of random people on the internet.

I don't understand how things like this happen. Wouldn't at some point at least one person stop and say, "Hey guys we're probably going to get the everliving shit sued out of us and end up in the news for this.". I just don't get it.

I almost have to think that something like mob mentality set in: It was them against him, and that somehow made it right? At the time? In their heads?

Otherwise, like you, I can't wrap my head around how someone could think this was okay.

Chumpion

The police took him to the emergency room. "We want you to waterboard this guy."

"What? No, that's unethical!"

"Hey, you're supposed to help us now! Don't you know all gloves are off the table... I mean options..."

Those terrorist sympathizers at the ER wouldn't budge. So they called another hospital. And then another... none would comply. But, finally, they tried Silver City.

"No more goddamn stalling, we have a suspect here and you WILL waterboard his ass!"

"Okay senor, no problem... we can do that..."

But they couldn't get his anus to talk so he got out.

Small town+bored redneck cops trying to fill a quota/look good+spineless doctors=disaster.

Let's hope the victim bankrupts the town then builds a mansion on the razed grounds of the police station

Village

Due to the horrifying nature of what transfired, I fail to see what is there to make light of.

Anywys I hope the guy ends up ok

PKrockin

This is what you get if you decide not to deal with a nasty public restroom and just hold your shit in until you go home, apparently.

Unbelievable.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The police took him to the emergency room. "We want you to waterboard this guy."

"What? No, that's unethical!"

"Hey, you're supposed to help us now! Don't you know all gloves are off the table... I mean options..."

Those terrorist sympathizers at the ER wouldn't budge. So they called another hospital. And then another... none would comply. But, finally, they tried Silver City.

"No more goddamn stalling, we have a suspect here and you WILL waterboard his ass!"

"Okay senor, no problem... we can do that..."

But they couldn't get his anus to talk so he got out.

That's something that I hope doesn't get lost in the outrage towards what happened. The doctor that refused to be a participant in this horrible ordeal should be formally acknowledged and commended for standing up to this flagrant abuse of power.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The hospital is going to get reamed on this one. The police will just fight until they lose in court.

Eckhart's going to get a pretty big payday.

Dali

On the most basic level what kind of sense does it make to just be driving around with drugs up your ass? Or do they think he had enough time to jam them up his ass - without them noticing - between the few moments of him being pulled over and them approaching the car?

Angry Grimace

On the most basic level what kind of sense does it make to just be driving around with drugs up your ass? Or do they think he had enough time to jam them up his ass - without them noticing - between the few moments of him being pulled over and them approaching the car?

You jam them up your ass when you're smuggling them somewhere. If you're just in your car and they don't have a search warrant you just put it in your glovebox.

Never consent to a search of anything. You would be surprised how many cases I've read where people smuggling bricks of blow have just consented to the search of their trunk/bag/whatever for no reason at all.

Damaniel

Banned
Somebody's getting paid. I hope he sues (and wins big settlements from) everyone involved. 'I think his butt was clenched' shouldn't be grounds for getting a search warrant, let alone grounds for an obviously overreaching, unnecessary search.

In a way i probably wouldn't mind this because it means you're in for a huge payout. This is pretty disgusting by all involved and i'm surprised the doctors went along with it as they did. Hopefully they all get into trouble and this guy gets a big payout as a result.

Lamel

Banned
That's something that I hope doesn't get lost in the outrage towards what happened. The doctor that refused to be a participant in this horrible ordeal should be formally acknowledged and commended for standing up to this flagrant abuse of power.

Agreed, I bet it took some confidence and respect for your profession to say that.

Wow. I wonder, on what grounds were they able to get a fucking warrant?

Ah, how I eagerly await the backpedaling of that judge and the police department...

Aesius

Doctors prepared Eckert for surgery, sedated him, and then performed a colonoscopy where a scope with a camera was inserted into Eckert's anus, rectum, colon, and large intestines. No narcotics were found.

Oh my god.

Oh my GOD.

OH MY GOD.

Seriously, holy, holy, holy fuck. This dude had an IV put in his arm, was rendered completely unconscious, and then had a FUCKING COLONOSCOPY performed. For not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign at Walmart.

dark_chris

Gold Member
He is going to get a ton of taxpayer money and the cops will get a written reprimand. Nothing more.

I doubt that. If a police officer who shoved a women in a wall face first and faces criminal charges, the. I'm sure this can happen.

Also, if I was the guy, I'd hound the departments to make sure they get the officers involved in trouble.

(._.)

Banned
and people have a problem with violence when it comes to solving these things? I say we go in there and put stuff up the cops and doctors butts. maybe beat them up some too.

oneils

Good on the first doctor for declining to do it.

But I have a question, does an "anal search warrant" waive the need for consent?

Waives only the need for consent on the part of the police, I think. Doctors are not obligated to perform the procedures if they are medically unnecessary. They should have followed the patient's wishes if the procedures were unnecessary.

neoism

hope he gets millions and the cops are fired... :/ neither will happen.... how far is this shit going to go... SMMFH

(._.)

Banned
Prison for the police. License to practice revoked and prison for the doctors.

Millions of dollars for the victim.

Anything less is unacceptable.

agreed.

police must lose their jobs and be sent to prison for rape and torture. life sentences for each one. judge should lose job too.

doctors must lose their licenses too and be sued. hospital and police department be sued also. he should get multiple millions too.

I am beyond furious and outraged. I am on the edge of writing awful shit I think should happen to the cops.

Dali

You jam them up your ass when you're smuggling them somewhere. If you're just in your car and they don't have a search warrant you just put it in your glovebox.

Never consent to a search of anything. You would be surprised how many cases I've read where people smuggling bricks of blow have just consented to the search of their trunk/bag/whatever for no reason at all.
Yeah maybe in prison, but if you're driving around a Walmart already in the country then what are you doing with it up your ass. If you're smuggling across borders I'm sure once you are in the country you move it to a more easily accessible area than your ass.

GulAtiCa

What the fuck? You think after the first few, they give up. And wow, how much money was wasted on this?

I feel bad for the guy. I hope he's able to take everything from them.

DiscoJer

Even if he had drugs, he doesn't deserve to be tortured. Police procedures in this country are the real problem, not simply because this man is innocent.

An X-ray should have sufficed in any case. But even that should have much more evidence. One of the problems in this country is that so many judges are former prosecutors. They always side with the police.

Burt

What the fuck? You think after the first few, they give up. And wow, how much money was wasted on this?

I feel bad for the guy. I hope he's able to take everything from them.
What probably happened is that the officer profiled the guy, made a semi-convincing (and no doubt partially false) argument to his superior, and they gave the "search" a green light. When they didn't find anything, they had an "oh shit" panic moment and instead of backing out decided to double down hoping for a lucky break that would justify/absolve them and just kept digging themselves into a deeper hole.

No pun intended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom