• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 User Manual out now

loading it up on the phone. bathroom material.

wSQLJNo.png

hawk2025

Recommending someone as a participant

You can recommend a player by selecting (Suggest) from the party you have joined. If the player you recommend is invited by the party owner, that player receives a notification and becomes able to join the party.

Yay, I like this :)

drproton

For voice input, use a headset (included) or the microphones on a PlayStation®Camera.

May not be news, but I was waiting for confirmation that voice commands work with the headset.

If a headset and a PlayStation®Camera are both connected to the system, only the headset's microphone is enabled.

And that while streaming you can use the headset mic without the Playstation Camera.

BigK_201

Maybe I just assumed this, but I thought the PS4 would support Blu Ray 3D? The manual says it does not. I'm guessing that should be coming sometime in an update, right?

Right?

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Playback of the following types of discs is not supported.

CD
BD-RE ver.1.0
BD-R/RE XL
Blu-ray 3D™

ClearData

Maybe I just assumed this, but I thought the PS4 would support Blu Ray 3D? The manual says it does not. I'm guessing that should be coming sometime in an update, right?

Right?

Blu-Ray compatibility comes with the day one update, Firmware 1.5, along with a host of other features. Google the Ultimate PS4 FAQ and read that on PS Blog for more information.

YES. they have a passcode for logging in.

Logging in

The screen for selecting a user is displayed when you turn on the PS4™ system or connect a controller. To log in, select a user and follow the screens.
When you select [New User], you can register a new user and log in, or log in as a guest.

When you connect a controller, a color is assigned to the user of the controller and the controller's light bar lights up. The color that is assigned to the user depends on the order in which the controller is connected. The first user is blue, the second is red, the third is green, and the fourth is pink.
You can automatically log in when you turn on the PS4™ system. For details, see "Log In to PS4 Automatically".
You can also automatically log in by having the camera compare your face to your face data. If you set a checkmark in (Settings) > [Login Settings] > [Enable Face Recognition], the camera recognizes your face when you log in.
If you have not added your face data or if you want to create a new user, press the button on the controller corresponding to [Cancel] to exit the face recognition screen. Then log in by selecting a user or creating a new user.
You can set the passcode used when logging in. For details, see "Passcode Management".

Web Browser:

osd_browser_browse.jpg

Video Playback:

osd_videos_operation1.jpg

Party Screen:

osd_party_p_screens.jpg

Messaging:

osd_about_message.jpg

Messaging:

osd_messages_send.jpg

Share:

osd_share_vewer.jpg

PlayStation Dynamic Menu:

osd_about_settings.jpg

PDM:

osd_function.jpg

Keyboard:

osd_osk.jpg

Voice Commands:

osd_basic_voice.jpg

ohNOitsRO

Playback of the following types of discs is not supported.

CD
BD-RE ver.1.0
BD-R/RE XL
Blu-ray 3D™

What?! I can't watch 3D movies on the PS4?? I thought it had 3D support D:

EDIT: Just saw that there's a day one update that adds this in? I really hope so

Cartman86

Banned
Copying saved data

Saved data is stored on the PS4™ system. You can copy the saved data using one of the following methods.

Upload to Online Storage.
Copy to USB Storage Device.

Doesn't look like you can load from USB. You still have to copy the save to the console you want to play on. Unsure about cloud. Hopefully logging in on another console just syncs everything...

it's already patch in as part of day 1 firmware

Source? I can't find anything stating this. 3D blu ray playback is kind of a big deal to me, I know a lot of people hate 3D but I love watching movies at home in that format. Sad if PS4 can't do this, I guess I'll still be using my PS3 a lot for the time being.

BigK_201

Source? I can't find anything stating this. 3D blu ray playback is kind of a big deal to me, I know a lot of people hate 3D but I love watching movies at home in that format. Sad if PS4 can't do this, I guess I'll still be using my PS3 a lot for the time being.

What's a bummer is it can support it, since its more capable than the PS3, we will have to just wait for it in a future patch.

I'm in the same boat, I love watching movies in 3D. I blame the 3DS for getting me into 3D :)

Cartman86

Banned
Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically
You can set whether to adjust the time for daylight saving. The time will not be adjusted if you remove the checkmark from [Date and Time] > [Adjust Daylight Saving Automatically].
This item is displayed only if the region set under [Date and Time] > [Time Zone] is one that implements daylight saving.

Megaton

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
DaKxpWo.png

The Library displays all the games you can download! RIP Download List.

Top Bottom