• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Raising Hope Season 4 |OT| Guys, Where's Maw Maw? – Fridays 9/8c

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOddOne

jGfxYiTQvBwEV.png

jNCDptB0cKHMC.png

jbprzCPzEPp2DO.png

jCuodgjoj5fTI.png

Special thanks to big ander for his blessing :)

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It's about damn time this show came back. Just finished rewatching the last season on Netflix.

TheOddOne

Season premiere today.
Season 4: episode 1 "Déjà Vu Man" and episode 2 "Burt Bucks"

A mysterious Natesville resident (guest star Jeffrey Tambor) keeps popping up in the Chance’s lives. Then, Burt and Virginia introduce Natesville to a new bartering system called “Burt Bucks,” that looks an awful lot like a pyramid scheme in the all-new “Déjá Vu Man/Burt Bucks,” special one-hour season premiere episode of RAISING HOPE.

Already posted yesterday in another thread, but...

:(

That sucks, but it isn't too surprising. Fox likely only gave the show a 4th season so it could hit syndication. The ratings have never been great and the move to Friday doesn't help. It's such a great show I wish more people would give it a chance.

TheOddOne

That sucks, but it isn't too surprising. Fox likely only gave the show a 4th season so it could hit syndication. The ratings have never been great and the move to Friday doesn't help. It's such a great show I wish more people would give it a chance.
Well, season 3's episode debuted at 3.90. Every episode after it was steady above 3.0!

Fox screwed this show for no reason.

Well, season 3's episode debuted at 3.90. Every episode after it was steady above 3.0!

Fox screwed this show for no reason.

You mean 3.9 and 3.0 million viewers right, not a 3.9 share?

TV Line said:
Raising Hope‘s double-episode season premiere led out of that with an average of 2.2 mil and 0.7 — improving on Sleepy Hollow‘s Friday reruns but down from the comedy’s previous opener (3.9 mil/1.7) and finale (3.3 mil/1.2).

It is still down.

TheOddOne

New episodes today:
Season 4: episode 3 "Ship Happens" and episode 4 "Hi-Def"

When Sabrina finds out that Jimmy never went on a real family vacation as a kid, she's determined to take Hope on a memorable trip. Then, Virginia is thrilled when the doctor prescribes new glasses, until her new crystal-clear vision allows her to see every tiny imperfection around the house.

TheOddOne

New episodes today:
Season 4: episode 5 "Extreme Howdy's Makeover" & episode 6 "Adoption"

Howdy’s gets business innovator Maxine (guest star Molly Shannon) as its new owner, and all employees must come up with a big idea to change the store. Then, Sabrina wants to officially adopt Hope as her own, but the official adoption process doesn’t give her the “Motherhood Moment” for which she was hoping.

TheOddOne

Great episodes this week, again.

Jimmy: "Have you seen that movie Inception? It was somebody's dream to make that piece of crap."

#Dead

Santiako

I caught up with the season now, and they've completely turned it into the Virginia and Burt show... and I'm totally fine with that.

New episode tonight:
Hey There, Delilah

The bickering between Virginia and her visiting cousin leads Maw Maw to threaten to leave everything to the one who acts the most civil; Jimmy and Sabrina have difficulty finding a baby sitter.

New episode tonight:
Hot Dish

When Jimmy says Sabrina's casserole is better than his mom's, Virginia enters them both in a cooking competition; Burt invites his mother to participate in the contest.

New episode tonight:
Thrilla in Natesvilla

Burt and Virginia get in a fight while trying to help Barney and Maxine's relationship; Jimmy and Sabrina try fencing to reduce stress in their relationship.

Is it just me, or is Virginia saying "Sabriner" this season? I don't remember her pronouncing her name like that in the other 3 seasons? It's very noticeable...

Raising Hope canceled by Fox. Press release via TVbtN.
Critically acclaimed comedy Raising Hope will end its four-season run with a special one-hour farewell event Friday, April 4 (9:00-9:30/9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT). The series finale kicks off with the all-new episode “How I Met Your Mullet” (9:00-9:30 PM ET/PT), in which guest star Lesley Nicol (“Downton Abbey”) plays Jimmy (Lucas Neff) and Sabrina’s (Shannon Woodward) new maid. Then, in “The Father Daughter Dance” (9:30-10:00 PM ET/PT), Virginia’s (Martha Plimpton) dad (guest star Jeffrey Tambor, “Arrested Development”) returns to Natesville with a big surprise for her and Burt (Garret Dillahunt), including a musical performance by Kenny Loggins (guest-starring as himself).

“On behalf of myself, Greg Garcia and Raising Hope’s amazing cast and crew, I would like to thank our audience for tuning in and supporting us over the last four seasons,” said executive producer Mike Mariano. “We planned our Season Four finale with this possibility in mind, and hope our loyal fans enjoy the way we’ve chosen to say goodbye to the Chances and to Natesville. Thanks again, and we’ll see you in syndication.”

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Season has been terrible.

Ratings are plunged.

Still, a little sad to see it go.

Yeah, I haven't even been bothering to catch up on hulu this season. I don't think it's awful or anything, just hasn't been terribly compelling. I hope Shannon Woodward lands another gig soon. She purty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom