• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2K to make a comeback next year? HipHopGamer firmly believes so

Not even going to get my hopes up, but I damn sure hope so. Competition would be great for all parties and then we would hopefully be able to have two great football games to choose from.

...although the success of the NBA 2K franchise clearly hasn't helped NBA Live at all so who knows.

RayLewisFInalDance_original.gif

let's go baby

That would pretty sweet. As someone who lost interest in the NFL around when 2K5 was winding down, I'd probably look into it again!
And how about MLB too? That's wide open now, and still nothing for XB1 announced. MS sitting on that High Heat license, and EA due for a comeback.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It doesn't mean shit and he doesn't know shit. No matter the cost, EA is not losing the NFL license.

Madden sales have plummeted over the last 5 years. At some point the cost isn't worth it.

Just a few months ago nobody would have thought they would have gotten out of College Football games but they killed off NCAA.

If the deal dies I fully expect it to die from EA's end and not the NFL. The league would love those big ass checks from EA but at some point those checks aren't worth writing.

Allforce

I really think Take Two is ready at this point to make a serious bid for the NFL license, and EA is in a prime position to lose it/move on.

This is a good thing.

RiZ III

Considering how big of a whooping NBA2K series has given to Live, I figure EA is going to throw a lot of money at the NFL to secure an exclusive license for another 10 years.

I will buy an NFL game again if it does.

Never giving EA money again for a football game.

Please bring back the NHL games too, 2K. EA is a fucking embarrassment to the sport.

Damian.

Banned
Hopefully the NFL is taking a hard look at how much more care that 2K takes with its sports games over what EA does. The "next-gen" Madden should be looked at as an embarrassment.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, BE TRUE! *starts tearing up*

THESE LAST 8 YEARS HAVE BEEN UNBEARABLE PLEASEE GOD BE TRUE!

BELIEEEVEEE

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hopefully the NFL is taking a hard look at how much more care that 2K takes with its sports games over what EA does. The "next-gen" Madden should be looked at as an embarrassment.

Haha right. The only thing the league cares about is making as much as it can off licensing.

Hang on, people are surprised by this?

I always assumed 2K would jump back on as soon as the Madden deal expired. And why wouldn't they? Lots of money to be made with a good NFL game.

dakun

HipHopGamer firmly believes many things that he invented..

he's the PerezHilton of the gaming industry.. nobody/few people like him, he talks alot of shit, and people/some game companies still seem to associate themselves with him for his "positive energy" which in reality is nothing more than sucking up to everybody to get inside the industry

Ivan 3414

Do you guys really think the next NFL2K will even be good.

It's been nearly 10 years; the team who did the old 2Ks have most certainly dispersed. They're going to need time to develop something decent. You all saw what happened to NBA Live after three years.

Top Bottom