• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chozen (from the creators of "Archer"), Premieres January 13th

Status
Not open for further replies.
N9bfcSL.jpg

Trailer - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js6XbWPEL8A

Its from the Archer people so I'll give it a shot. Nick Swardson doesn't make me feel hopeful though. hes no stranger to the gay joke so maybe they hired him for that specialty.

It's mean to hold his utter lack of talent against him.

haha, when I worked nights at a bookstore doing restock, my manager would put this on speaker. I had to listen to his standup constantly (unless i brought my own ipod). I'm not sure which popular modern comic sucks more, Swardson or Dane Cook.

The creators of Eastbound and Down are also involved with this

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/danny-mcbride-produced-animated-comedy-563692

Danny McBride, Jody Hill and David Gordon Green of Rough House Pictures -- the team behind HBO's Eastbound & Down -- will exec produce along with Adam Reed and Matt Thompson of Floyd County Productions (Archer), who will animate the series. The characters in the FX Productions effort will be voiced by Saturday Night Live's Moynihan, Michael Pena, Hannibal Buress, Kathryn Hahn, Nick Swardson, Method Man, Dekernion and McBride.

So how involved is Adam Reed in the production of this?

I know he's an E.P. and that his studio is animating it, but is he playing much of a creative role in it?

Is Bobby Moynihan funny? Because I've never seen a thing with him in it. 'The creators of Archer' don't mean shit when it's the actors of Archer that are the real backbone of that show.

Kinda surprised to find zero discussion about the premiere episode. I found it pretty funny and laughed out loud a few times. I'll stay tuned for now.

The first episode was fantastic. I loved the song from it. Very well done. This is one of the few shows I'll actually follow every week if the music stays that good.

Will check out the episode since I love Archer and I love hip hop, so a mix of the two should be perfect.

Not really feeling the trailer, though, considering it's basically three poorly delivered prison rape jokes and some gay panic, which also seems a little out of touch since gay rappers isn't exactly unheard of.

Why do these American animated [And adult oriented] shows always have such lame/limited animation style? Stuff like old school CN becoming the exception
Can we have another Last Air-bender/Korra please? Although that is Canadian.

I mean people lose their shit over anime with your Titans Attacking Walls and Notes of Death but no one tries to ape the styles?

I'm a fan of the show, but it had 1/2 struggling episodes but i still watch

forgot to watch it on monday though but hopefully it gets a full season and maybe a second season

Slayven

Why do these American animated [And adult oriented] shows always have such lame/limited animation style? Stuff like old school CN becoming the exception

I mean people lose their shit over anime with your Titans Attacking Walls and Notes of Death but no one tries to ape the styles?

Cause they don't need it, and the cost isn't worth it. Anime has $190 dvd sets and $78 figurines to supplement the cost. Even still the animation drops off quick.

Why do these American animated shows always have such lame/limited animation style?

That shit is crazy expensive.

Plus I really like this style even though it's changed a lot, it was literally made out of reedited really old cartoons when they started. The limited pre canned animations out of characters walking around backgrounds is super super cheap and easy to do especially when the first season of sealab was like 4 people doing it.

if you want to know about the animation style watch this : http://video.adultswim.com/sealab-2021/animation-process.html

IceCold

The show just started. If it's successful it will get a bigger budget. Compare Archer Season 1 with the most recent seasons, the difference is night and day.

okayfrog

Banned
I watched the first three or so episodes and maybe got one laugh, a couple smiles, not much. I feel like it would be much better as a live action series.

arab

ok i gave this a shot after a dismal archer season. i'm impressed, will be coming back to this show

Alric

Really liked the first season a lot. Laughed way more than in Archer. Doubt it'll get picked up for another season which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom