• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS Thread 4: New Year, Old Arguments

Kyzon

Ridley is going to be in and he will look exactly like this.
Metroid01--article_image.jpg

Metroid_12.jpg

That design confuses me so much. I can't understand his face.

What an awful subtitle for this thread.

</3

I'm going to repost my last contribution from thread 3 since it got intercepted by thread 4 starting:

I'd really like to see a rival trainer or member of the elite 4 or something to that effect who has more sinister pokemon. I haven't followed Pokemon very closely since gen 2 honestly but off the top of my head it would be neat if he used Gengar, Tyranitar and Zoroark. It's also am elegant solution to adding more Pokemon without dedicating a dozen character slots to the franchise.

fisheyes

I bet Sakurai has something special planned for today's pic to celebrate our new thread.

Waluigi and Krystal double team

Toxi

Banned
</3

I'm going to repost my last contribution from thread 3 since it got intercepted by thread 4 starting:

I'd really like to see a rival trainer or member of the elite 4 or something to that effect who has more sinister pokemon. I haven't followed Pokemon very closely since gen 2 honestly but off the top of my head it would be neat if he used Gengar, Tyranitar and Zoroark. It's also am elegant solution to adding more Pokemon without dedicating a dozen character slots to the franchise.

From the previous thread...
6th Pokemon character should be this dude.
Red_Blue_TR_Grunt.png

Unlike Pokemon Trainer, the Rocket Grunt doesn't train his Pokemon or play by the rules: He fights on the battlefield with his whip and stun prod and gangs up on you with his Pokemon, which are his special moves. He is rather weak, but he can control the area well with his ranged normals and various special moves which release Pokemon as traps or projectiles. The only restriction is that he can't have two of the same Pokemon out at the same time, and if a Pokemon is knocked out by damage, he has to wait for 10 seconds before he can release another one of that kind.

B-Neutral: Houndour is released behind the Rocket Grunt and shoots a short stream of fire breath for 10 seconds. Great way to control the field.
250px-228Houndour.png

B-Forward: Scraggy leaps out of the Pokeball in an arc for a powerful High-Jump Kick. If the Pokemon misses, it falls on its face and the Rocket Grunt will facepalm, opening himself up for a free hit.
250px-559Scraggy.png

B-Up: The Rocket Grunt releases Zubat and squeals, "Save me!" He grabs onto its tails as it flies up before letting go; the Zubat itself keeps flying up as a projectile.
250px-041Zubat.png

B-Down: He releases a Gulpin in front of him. The Gulpin acts like the Gulpin from Brawl.
250px-316Gulpin.png

...Wait, does this mean the thread is already going in circles?

fisheyes

From the previous thread...

I actually had a similar idea, but using a Pokemon Ranger instead. This way, it represents a fairly significant Pokemon spinoff series at the same time. The basic idea would be similar to that Rocket Grunt one, though - the Ranger itself would be playable, and use a bunch of tools from the games, and then Pokemon would be used for specials / smash attacks / etc.

Plus, as an added bonus, you could use these Rangers, with Pichu / Plusle / Minun on their shoulder, and bring back a veteran fighter / planned fighter in a brand new form.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I don't like this new thread. The seats are uncomfortable, the floor is sticky, and the title is bland.

You just have to get use to being in a big new thread, it can get a lil noisy and you can lose sleep, but it will get better in time

Flowmoney

How come Sakurai doesn't add any TCG characters? Could be like Yugi on Shonen Jump ds games.

You have Mark from Pokemon TCG and that one character from Trade and Battle : Card Hero.(There was also like DS game of it.)

foxuzamaki

How come Sakurai doesn't add any TCG characters? Could be like Yugi on Shonen Jump ds games.

You have Mark from Pokemon TCG and that one character from Trade and Battle : Card Hero.(There was also like DS game of it.)

thats trophy-tier at most

Codeblue

Ridley no longer too big, just too wide.

If they go with Skyward Sword Zelda, I think this is the best bet:

Pw5BRJJ.png

This is the best thing they could do.

I'm prepared for something similar to Link though, a brighter Twilight Princess type design.

Azure J

I remember people getting hated on lividly if you so much as hinted at the idea of Zelda and Impa replacing Zelda+Shiek, what happened?

FWIW, I like the idea myself.

doemaaan

What they SHOULD have done is give Link his Skyward Sword appearance/moveset and Zelda just the appearance. Show us what Sheik would look like with the SS design. They did that to her in Brawl with the Zelda:TP design, no?

foxuzamaki

ha apparently theres a 3DS border around yesterday's pic 3DS version as good as wiiU graphics confirmed.

Top Bottom