• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: over 3 million sold to consumers in 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.

@geoffkeighley
Xbox says it won't be updating sales numbers again until Jan 23 w/ earnings announcement. Not sure what that means for NPD numbers.

dolemite

I am expecting a BIG NPD number in December for XBOne.
EDIT: and they keep rubbing that "fastest selling" thingy.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Impressive total.

Shouldn't be hard to get out to 5 million by the end of the year like they're seemingly projected.

Vizzeh

Banned
Congrats on the sales, good for gaming for sure. This thread will definitely feed off that quotation of fastest selling console of November though. Its interesting to see that they said "Record selling pace for Xbox" too as that may imply something.. Credit where it is due though. Look forward to Sonys figures.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Pre-emoting not making a specific US announcement when NPD comes out? Or getting in first before Sony shares numbers at the CES keynote?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Given the extrapolated numbers from Europe...that should result in much more than 1 million in US in December, right?

Acheteedo

Very impressive, especially at $100 more than their main competitor (... that line... deja vous from last gen).

Dunlop

Nice numbers,

Hopefully we have another generations where MS and Sony are close and fighting for our love ; )

That's a good total no matter how you cut it.

By page 3 of this thread that number will be sliced/diced/regurgitated and will now be horrible news :p

CCS

Banned
So if it sold 2 million by the 11th, thats about 1 million since then. Given it sold over a million by the end of November, we're probably looking at somewhere around 1.5 million December sales? So maybe 1 million in the US in December?

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Given the extrapolated numbers from Europe...that should result in much more than 1 million in US in December, right?

I'd suspect so.

I mean just by the number of countries they launched in they wouldn't be hitting an astronomical population in Europe.

MMaRsu

Banned
Damn. Pretty impressive.

People are hungry for next gen. Although I'm surprised 3 million people went with the more expensive less capable machine. At least it has Dead Rising 3 which seems awesome.

That's an easy 10 million combined with PS4 by the end of March (fiscal quarter that has been talked about) with infamous and titanfall launching.

that's a good start even if Sony have beaten them in the US (IF I said, I don't know that they have...). it's a solid worldwide userbase to ensure people don't start cancelling projects for the system, which will help keep it healthy.

lol at 'fastest selling in November'. I wonder what spin they'll use IF the PS4 outsold them in December. "We are very proud that we were the best at meeting demand."?

IF.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/01/xbox-one-january-thank-you

Together, we ushered in a new era of games and entertainment with Xbox One. Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013. It’s been incredible to see Xbox One selling at a record-setting pace for Xbox, and we were honored to see Xbox One become the fastest-selling console in the U.S. during our launch month in November. Since our launch, demand for Xbox One has been strong, selling out throughout the holidays at most retailers worldwide. We are continuing to work hard to deliver additional consoles to retailers as fast as possible.

Since they only say the Xbox was fastest selling in November, are they implicitly conceding December to the PS4?

Very interesting to see what Sony post now.

Carefully used "record setting pace for Xbox" and that fastest selling thing whilst still only mentioning November....

Spiegel

NPD numbers will be >1M in december then, considering we know how many units were sold in UK in 2013 and Euro sales can't be bigger than 1M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom