• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good sites to track games I have, add wish lists, and rate games?

Gaaraz

Hi,

I know this will sound ridiculous, but I feel like I need some kind of central place to record the games I have, with things such as Playstation Plus, Xbox Gold plus all of the recent sales lately (and Humble Bundles) I feel like I'm getting dangerously close to buying a game I already own on another platform.

My ideal scenario would be I can add games to my 'want' list, then I can click a button to indicate I own them, then a nice bonus would be to rate the games when I'm finished with them. A HUGE bonus would be an email notification if there is a price drop below a certain threshold too but I'm not very hopeful of that :)

I've found a few sites out there, such as Gamestracker, which kind of do what I'd like, but they all either lack a feature, or are missing certain games.

Which sites do you guys use?

Thanks

(edit) this is a real long shot, another awesome thing would be some kind of service that would automatically scan my Steam, Xbox Live and PSN accounts... :E

TheXboxVision

Neo Member
I've given up on looking for one to be honest and now I've resorted to a spreadsheet which I keep synched on Skydrive so it's always with me.

Not ideal as it doesn't look very nice, but it does the job for me.

kubus

The Backloggery

It's perfect.

Edit: some more info

You have to manually add each game, but it's just a matter of typing in the title and search for the platform in a dropdown menu. It sounds like a hassle, but it's actually extremely convenient because you're not limited by out of date databases. There's an option to make wishlists and you can move games from your wishlist to your "owned" list. Also multiple ways to categorize games into "now playing", "unfinished", "unplayed", "beaten", "completed", "master run" and "null" (games that can't be beaten). You can also rate the games you've played and add a small comment (like a short review or your play time, whatever you want).

It's all very easy to navigate and you can change the layout of your page to your liking. I love it. For example, here's my backlog.

ryushe

I think Gamefaqs "my games" option might just be the thing you need, op.

I was in the same predicament as you, and as someone who honestly finds Backloggery a poor tracker (manually adding games has its ups if you're an import buyer and/or like to customize your page like a poor mans MySpace, but if not, it's too slow, cumbersome and you run into problems where some people spell "Pokemon" like that, and others like this; "Pokémon", for example, which might not be a big deal, but it honestly bugs me), but with the tracker option on Gamefaqs, you have the option to mass add your games as opposed to other sites where you have to do so one by one, and if you're like me, that's too daunting a task initially.

There's also a neat Android app called "Game Keeper" that pretty much does the same thing as gamefaqs "my games". I've only messed with if for a bit, and other than the ads (which can be removed if you donate/buy the app) it's a pretty nice, portable solution.

Edit: I like Playfire a lot as well, but I mainly use that for my PSN/XBL/A/STEAM games.

AwRy108

Collectorz is about as good as it gets, and it has tons of add-ons; that said, it's far from free, so it's only for serious users.

Personally, this day in age I won't use anything that doesn't support some sort of UPC scanner, so I'm still looking for a cheaper solution that does.

EDIT: just realized that they have an iOS app (search the App Store for "CLZ Games") that is all-inclusive: massive database + bar-code scanner + cloud storage. Going to be downloading this ASAP.

I've just been using google drive spreadsheet to log my stuff. I don't bother including digital downloads though. Never feel like I truly own them (and nicer to show off what I physically own).

I also use howlongtobeat.com to log completions, backlog, currently playing.

These, by the way, are used as an aside. The main bank is my brain, yo!

marcincz

Collectorz is about as good as it gets, and it has tons of add-ons; that said, it's far from free, so it's only for serious users.

Personally, this day in age I won't use anything that doesn't support some sort of UPC scanner, so I'm still looking for a cheaper solution that does.

EDIT: just realized that they have an iOS app (search the App Store for "CLZ Games") that is all-inclusive: massive database + bar-code scanner + cloud storage. Going to be downloading this ASAP.

I've never heard about that site. Brillant stuff.
I have my games list in excel, but this program is much more greater. Something that I need. Thx man.

Is this only a desktop app?? Or do they have a nice Web Application?

Gaaraz

Thank you all very much for the responses, lots of good suggestions and I think that The Backloggery looks like it could be a winner.

However, ryushe, am I right in thinking from your post that GameFAQs will automatically add games based on my XBL, PSN, Steam etc accounts? For me that'd be a HUGE draw, huge.

Gaaraz

I do use Raptr btw, I absolutely love that it tracks games automatically, but unfortunately it only tracks games that you've actually played, rather than any games you actually own/are in your libraries

TheXboxVision

Neo Member
Is this only a desktop app?? Or do they have a nice Web Application?

It looks like they have a web app too. This looks like something I'd be interested in and hopefully they have the more obscure games on there. I'll have a look at the trial tonight.. Oh, now Windows Phone app. Shocker.

Is there something free like Backloggery that has pictures, boxes and auto complete as you enter the games?

It looks like they have a web app too. This looks like something I'd be interested in and hopefully they have the more obscure games on there. I'll have a look at the trial tonight.. Oh, now Windows Phone app. Shocker.

I really like Collectorz, but a monthly fee is kind of shocking, I would have bought it if it was a one time payment.

TheXboxVision

Neo Member
Is there something free like Backloggery that has pictures, boxes and auto complete as you enter the games?

I really like Collectorz, but a monthly fee is kind of shocking, I would have bought it if it was a one time payment.

A monthly fee? I must admit, I'm only looking on my phone and haven't properly read the site but I thought it was a one off payment? Oh well, screw that then.

A monthly fee? I must admit, I'm only looking on my phone and haven't properly read the site but I thought it was a one off payment? Oh well, screw that then.

http://connect.collectorz.com/games/

Says, $24 a month, no thanks.

Seems like the desktop app is a one time payment but thats kind of limited having to use it in one computer at a time in a Windows Application, I want a Web App, which they do have at a monthly fee :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I think Gamefaqs "my games" option might just be the thing you need, op.

I was in the same predicament as you, and as someone who honestly finds Backloggery a poor tracker (manually adding games has its ups if you're an import buyer and/or like to customize your page like a poor mans MySpace, but if not, it's too slow, cumbersome and you run into problems where some people spell "Pokemon" like that, and others like this; "Pokémon", for example, which might not be a big deal, but it honestly bugs me), but with the tracker option on Gamefaqs, you have the option to mass add your games as opposed to other sites where you have to do so one by one, and if you're like me, that's too daunting a task initially.

Until they redesigned their site, this was what I was using. It was a decent replacement to IGN's collectors thing. But since they redesigned their site to a horrible UI, I haven't been there in months and refuse to go back just for the sake of collection purposes.

Everything else I've tried has been hit and miss in having things I own or just general usability.

Gaaraz

$24p/m is insane! For that I'd expect everything to be 100% automated too which it doesn't look like it is.

Seems like a Google Document isn't actually a bad way of storing things ;_;

At least then you know if there are niche games, or DLC etc, you can just add them.

AwRy108

Few points of clarification for those not reading thoroughly:

1) the $24.95 ANNUAL FEE only applies to the web-based version of the software

2) the Pro version of the desktop software is the best way to go for PC owners, which is a one-time purchase of $49.95; and if you use the coupon code GOOGLER you'll save $5

3) there's an iPhone app called "BarryZ"--for $7.99--that you can use as a barcode scanner companion w/ the PC software; or, you can just buy a CueCat scanner (cheap on ebay)

4) there's an iPhone app called CLZ Games--priced at $14.99--that is essentially a mobile version of the PC software with a built in scanner; and this app offers free cloud storage for your database

5) no, I don't work for CollectorZ or get commission from them; rather, I went on the same quest as the op, and found the CollectorZ products to be the most feature robust, efficient, and supported option available (aka. you get what you pay for)

Alric

Nice, do any of these allow you to specify collectors edition, digital versions and regular boxed versions of games?

AwRy108

Nice, do any of these allow you to specify collectors edition, digital versions and regular boxed versions of games?

With CollectorZ Pro, you have full control over your database, including editing entries and customizing sorting options. For instance, you can add a "Collectors Edition" category if you so desire.

tsab

I use backloggery also.
I use it mainly to keep track of the purchased games, especially with all this different indie bundles that I am purchasing. It's embarassing but I bought games only to find out that I ALREADY HAVE THEM UNOPENED SITTING ON MY SHELF!, that's when I started using it thoroughly (had the account created a long time before)

also there is chrome addon that enhances backloggery (with piecharts etc)

It's $24 per year. Also, there's a $15 iOS app (search the App Store for "CLZ Games") that essentially offers everything: full database, barcode scanner, and free cloud storage.

oops sorry, misread per year.

Do you know if they have the same App for android?

AwRy108

oops sorry, misread per year.

Do you know if they have the same App for android?

The Android App is much more limited: it can only be sure for viewing your collection, which has to be imported from the CollectorZ desktop software; whereas the iOS version is full-featured collecting software.

I'm still unsure if you're able to sync back and forth between the iOS app. and the PC software using their free Sync & Save platform, so I'm submitting the question to their support.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you want something like Goodreads for videogames then try these sites:

www,dpadd.com
www.grouvee.com/

I got on Grouvee and like I said earlier: Doesn't have somethings I want and the interface isn't the best. Goodreads shines on the fact you can look up titles on their ISBN/barcode numbers instead of having to search for them individually. Grouvee doesn't really do that.

Haven't tried dpadd, I should look into that.

XNarte

The Backloggery

It's perfect.

Edit: some more info

You have to manually add each game, but it's just a matter of typing in the title and search for the platform in a dropdown menu. It sounds like a hassle, but it's actually extremely convenient because you're not limited by out of date databases. There's an option to make wishlists and you can move games from your wishlist to your "owned" list. Also multiple ways to categorize games into "now playing", "unfinished", "unplayed", "beaten", "completed", "master run" and "null" (games that can't be beaten). You can also rate the games you've played and add a small comment (like a short review or your play time, whatever you want).

It's all very easy to navigate and you can change the layout of your page to your liking. I love it. For example, here's my backlog.

I second this! Love backloggery. It was a pain adding my games at first but now that I add them as I get them it is great.

My Backlog

(I also added you to my multitap)

Ra1den

Don't do it man... it'll turn gaming into a job where you are trying to beat games for the sake of crossing stuff off your list. Deleting my list was the best thing I ever did.

Excel works great though if you insist.

Dolor

I assume you are meaning across various platforms, but I just use Steam. It has more than enough games to last me until the sun goes supernova.

XJF

There's also a neat Android app called "Game Keeper" that pretty much does the same thing as gamefaqs "my games". I've only messed with if for a bit, and other than the ads (which can be removed if you donate/buy the app) it's a pretty nice, portable solution.

Tried this, first game I went to add was AC4:BF, and they don't have it in their system. laaaaaame

metzger203

I use VGCollect.com. It's still being developed so not everything works 100%, but it works well enough for me. I hear they have a partnership in the works with PriceCharting which is my go-to for ballparking game prices, so that's pretty cool too.

Anim

I also recommend Darkadia. I've been using it for over 2 years already and my only complaint is that there is no option to export a collection into a file. It's been on the roadmap as a planned feature for quite some time, so I don't have much hope at this point.

Fularu

Banned
Few points of clarification for those not reading thoroughly:

1) the $24.95 ANNUAL FEE only applies to the web-based version of the software

2) the Pro version of the desktop software is the best way to go for PC owners, which is a one-time purchase of $49.95; and if you use the coupon code GOOGLER you'll save $5

3) there's an iPhone app called "BarryZ"--for $7.99--that you can use as a barcode scanner companion w/ the PC software; or, you can just buy a CueCat scanner (cheap on ebay)

4) there's an iPhone app called CLZ Games--priced at $14.99--that is essentially a mobile version of the PC software with a built in scanner; and this app offers free cloud storage for your database

5) no, I don't work for CollectorZ or get commission from them; rather, I went on the same quest as the op, and found the CollectorZ products to be the most feature robust, efficient, and supported option available (aka. you get what you pay for)
That's insanely expensive compared to this app :

http://www.maddysoft.com/iphone/mystuff/

Which does everything yours doesn, and then some for far less.

Top Bottom