• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai posts picture of Palutena appearance in SSB4

264Xde7.jpg

Miiverse said:
Pic of the day. You can find this statue of the Goddess of Light in one of the stages. She's watching over the arena.

A new Kid Icarus stage confirmed!

Moonlight

Banned
High level trolling on Sakurai's part, lol.

Probably proves that rumor false then.
This reminds me of the people saying Toon Link was cut because of that one 3DS screen where he's the conductor on the train stage. And I don't think anyone's gonna be confused between their Palutena and the giant marble one in the middle of the stage.

Hiltz

What's with her angel wings ? Was that a thing in Kid Icarus: Uprising, or is it just something exclusive to Smash Bros 4 ?

Moonlight

Banned
Hey, but maybe we could cross-reference the Palutena leak with the statue model? Not to say that they'd be the same, but could lend credence to either side of the debate.

Sciz

I can only assume that the Smash community at large is already cross-referencing this image with her Brawl model, Uprising model, and the 3DS pictures to pick out every little difference.

Gleethor

He JUST went out of his way last week to show what happens when a playable character is also a background character in a stage, so this points more towards ol Pally being playable if you ask me.

People actually think this means she's not playable?

We had Toon Link himself appear in a stage and he's still in, this is just a statue of Palutena. This is totally a response to the leak, and it solidifies it more than ever IMO.

Azure J

The levels of deflection Sakurai has been using with this one character are nigh incomprehensible. This is agonizing.

Lunar15

Yay, at least this means there's a kid icarus stage on the Wii U! Probably just a reference to the original though.

Mojojo

I find weird the color of the statue compared to the plinth she rests on, like it's breakable.. Maybe when you play paletuna on this stage, the stone covering shatters and she jumps on the fight arena.

Griss

I was team fake, but now I'm pretty convinced she's playable. Sakurai is too clever to mess with people this way only to let them down. She's in.

Top Bottom