• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai posts picture of Palutena appearance in SSB4

All hail Sakurai! Lord High Master of All Things Trolling!

I thought some of the other games I followed had developers with troll-y methods of responding to player questions but oh my God.

Wait I thought all the Wii U stages would be based off of Wii U games, and since there is no Kid Icarus game for Wii U yet?
Did he just confirm Palutena is in the game and Kid Icarus is coming to Wii U???

Shun

It wouldn't be fair if some characters on the console and handhelds didn't have stages that represented their franchise.

This whole Wii U Kid Icarus thing is smut because Sakurai confirmed he wasn't interested in revisiting the series and I have doubts as to what developer would be able to recreate and remaster what Sakurai did with Uprising.

RagnarokX

The statue doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything about Palutena being playabe, just that her temple is a stage.

injNcSYA7OhHJ.gif

More, but major spoilers if you know what you're looking at: http://i.minus.com/ibym3NcRXVSEOT.gif

The statue doesn't confirm or disconfirm anything about Palutena being playabe, just that her temple is a stage.

ibym3NcRXVSEOT.gif
Nobody's saying it does, it's just amusingly coincidental that immediately after the Palutena leak we got both Viridi and a new Wii U KI stage reveal. I'm assuming real or not Sakurai's seen that 'leak' by now and is just dicking around.

Guys (and gals), what if, when/if Palutena is confirmed, her character page contains exactly the leaked images, except as legitimate screenshots, followed by some form of confirmation out of Sakurai that he personally leaked them himself?

That might be the only way that he could troll harder on this matter than what he has done with this pic of the day.

Not

Banned
I never even thought about a Kid Icarus for the Wii U

Although technically the first Kid Icarus is a console game...

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Were they proven fake? I didn't keep up with it, just the initial update.

I was thinking confirmation of Palutena being playable, but I guess it could be an assist trophy.

Nope it still hasent been proven fake yet.

RagnarokX

I dunno man, it's Sakurai. He could say something like 'Oh and if Palutena is on the stage Viridi's statue will appear instead.'

Use logic. What would be the point? There's a very obvious point to replacing Link in the Spirit Tracks stage. He could get confused for a player character. There is no way anyone would confuse that statue for playable Palutena. It's most likely in the background, it's stone-colored, and it most likely won't move around.

qq more

I dunno man, it's Sakurai. He could say something like 'Oh and if Palutena is on the stage Viridi's statue will appear instead.'
cause Viridi's the better goddess?

My point is that Viridi has nothing to do with the temple. Why would they put a different goddess's statue in the wrong temple? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Plus you cannot possibly get mixed up between the statue and Palutena herself.

Clefargle

I would say the opposite.

Who knows? It might change depending on whether Palutena is used in that level.

I still believe!

This doesnt meant that at all.

Textbook cases of denial, when confronted with hard evidence to the contrary, the believers just double down on their fantasy... All evidence against their beliefs suddenly becomes support for the delusion...

Heh, I'm actually on your side guys. Lets hope the next pic is of our Goddess descending into this stage from the clouds. Playable and all....

Neoxon

If anything, the facial structure of the statute matches that of the leaked pictures of Palutena.

The leak was legit, folks. #TeamReal

Platy

The most impressing thing is that this stage is a WiiU one ... and Kid Icarus Uprising is a 3DS game

Maybe that stage is actualy based on NES Kid Icarus ?

Anteo

That's a statue of Palutena. The wings are her magic. She could easily still be a fighter.

I take this as more evidence for #TeamReal, to be honest.

Only trolling here is Sakurai showing he's aware of all this.

#TeamFake still wins if the playable model is different from the leak! Even if she is playable
I wonder If Sakurai would bother to have 2 different models for Trolutena
I said the pic is fake but she is in.

Also, Sakurai offered all his hearts to the best goddess, so I bet he will reveal her playable first

The most impressing thing is that this stage is a WiiU one ... and Kid Icarus Uprising is a 3DS game

Maybe that stage is actualy based on NES Kid Icarus ?

Well we know it's not since the base of the structure is just like Palutena's Temple in Uprising. Everyone jumped to conclusions regarding the stages -- what a surprise -- when all Sakurai has stated is most of the stages would be predominantly based on the libraries of their specific consoles.

Mr-Joker

Banned
screen-10__large.jpg

Before we start saying there is no chance any more.

Aww Toon Link looks so cute that I want to give him a hug.

In this case, if legit, how did the leak get out, and will there be more?

It got leaked because one of the ninja got drunk and spilled the beans and no there won't be any more leaks because they killed him.

Why wouldn't people believe in that Palutena SSB3DS picture? It screams "real".

Because there was no source behind that picture plus it's so easy to photo shop a picture and release onto the internet.

Hero

Use logic. What would be the point? There's a very obvious point to replacing Link in the Spirit Tracks stage. He could get confused for a player character. There is no way anyone would confuse that statue for playable Palutena. It's most likely in the background, it's stone-colored, and it most likely won't move around.

My point is that Viridi has nothing to do with the temple. Why would they put a different goddess's statue in the wrong temple? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Plus you cannot possibly get mixed up between the statue and Palutena herself.

You guys are taking this shit way too seriously.

Top Bottom