• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sakurai posts picture of Palutena appearance in SSB4

Kyzon

1390978074645.jpg

10/10

Good show.

Griss

Even if she was a character, it doesn't necessarily mean that the "leak" was legit.

Exactly. I'm still team fake on those specific pictures, I just think that Sakurai saw them and is telling us in his own way 'She's in, but it's not time to show her'.

Neiteio

That's a statue of Palutena. The wings are her magic. She could easily still be a fighter.

I take this as more evidence for #TeamReal, to be honest.

Only trolling here is Sakurai showing he's aware of all this.

Kriken

So this is all a buildup to the reveal of the next playable character, right?
Cranky vs Palutena only one can make it in

Azure J

FWIW, this temple stage already looks like
The Temple of Light where you actually had to fight (possessed) Palutena,
so hype justified?

---------- TO BE CONTINUED... ----->​

@Ones: It's not just here, Palutena's pretty much THE most popular fan wish on the internet at current.

Onesimos

I have yet to understand the fascination within NeoGAF of having Palutena playable in the upcoming Smash Bros. game. I can see great disappointment if she is not playable.

Neiteio

He JUST went out of his way last week to show what happens when a playable character is also a background character in a stage, so this points more towards ol Pally being playable if you ask me.

Who knows? It might change depending on whether Palutena is used in that level.

I still believe!

This reminds me of the people saying Toon Link was cut because of that one 3DS screen where he's the conductor on the train stage. And I don't think anyone's gonna be confused between their Palutena and the giant marble one in the middle of the stage.
All of this. I take this as a hint she's playable.

FWIW, this temple stage already looks like
The Temple of Light where you actually had to fight (possessed) Palutena,
so hype justified?

---------- TO BE CONTINUED... ----->
Looks to me like the first level of Uprising, actually. Maybe Twinbellows will come out of the coliseum in the background?

I don't think anybody is serious here.
hmm?
screen-10__large.jpg

Before we start saying there is no chance any more.

He JUST went out of his way last week to show what happens when a playable character is also a background character in a stage, so this points more towards ol Pally being playable if you ask me.

The Toon Link on the Spirit Tracks level is replaced with another character if Toon Link happens to be in the match.
its just a statue is what im saying not a background npc

RagnarokX

It's a statue of Palutena, not Palutena herself. No need to replace the statue.

Also, Toon Link isn't specifically Spirit Tracks Link. Multiple different Links look like that. The main reason for replacing the NPC Link is because they look too similar and could confuse the players. They could easily occupy the same scene without causing issue apart from that.

Here's Palutena's temple from KI:U

TWB7zaK.png

Neiteio

I have yet to understand the fascination within NeoGAF of having Palutena playable in the upcoming Smash Bros. game. I can see great disappointment if she is not playable.
Go play Kid Icarus Uprising, and you'll understand the hype. Palutena is awesome.

Neiteio

This almost confirms Palutena as playable.
A recent screen showing what happens when a playable character fights on a stage with a similar-looking background character.

A recent screen with Viridi and the 3DS Kid Icarus stage... timed perfectly to the Palutena leak.

And now a statue of Palutena.

Sakurai's up to something!

Theoretically we could compare the character models used in the statue and in the leak right? Looks similar enough to me.

Edit: Beat! Nice pictures guys.

RagnarokX

omg look guys it's the same statue with the same magical angel wings on the same base but smaller. total am confirmed playable :p

FAaKw8S.png

Hero

Awesome. She's in.

I bet if she's on the stage her statue will be replaced by one of Viridi or something.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
That's some next-next level trolling, Masahiro.

You know

Someone with eagle eyes should compare this statue to her model in the supposed leaked images.
Most notably, the statue has the much smaller staff that Palutena wields in Brawl and the leak, as opposed to the larger one from Uprising. I already fully believed the leak, but I think this more or less confirms it.

On the other hand, though, the statue also has the little chain on her shield that the leak doesn't have, which is... a bit odd, to say the least.

Terrell

lol @ people thinking a fucking statue means a deconfirmation

If anything trolling of this level confirms that she's in.

Context

Or that Sakurai is keenly aware of what is being discussed on the internet and knows every single button to push to generate fan hype.

Considering it's worked that way, there's no obligation to spit out a new character. He got exactly what he wanted.

RagnarokX

Awesome. She's in.

I bet if she's on the stage her statue will be replaced by one of Viridi or something.

Why do you think they would change the statue? There is no possible way a player would confuse it for the playable character... Palutena's temple has that statue on top of it.

Top Bottom