• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor: Pre-orders for GTAV on PC starting this Friday

Thank you based R* for blessing us with the privilege of(possibly) giving you money. You truly are the bestest of the best!

a1ZPtcQ.jpg

dnvMVLt.png

shandy706

I rarely buy my PC games day one (thanks Steam), but I will be pre-ordering this game.

I purposefully skipped it on the 360/PS3......I knew this day was coming.

dex3108

Aaaaand nothing. Usual time for announcements has passed. It is really unprofessional from R*/T2 to treat part of their customers like this. Dead silence for months, deleting all PC related questions from Newswire and banning users from comment section, refusing to answer what will happen to GTA IV and GFWL, etc.

Ok i understand you don't see PC platform as profitable but at least have courage to tell that directly to your customers.

UnrealEck

Isn't it the best selling game ever made? Yet they're still depriving everyone of what they want. They've even deprived people of information. They make good games but I hate their customer relations.

dex3108

It is really sad to see this kind of behaviour and it is even worse because many will forgive them if/when they release GTA V for PC. If it was any other company (especially Ubisoft) it would be crucified long time ago.

UnrealEck

I really do hope it's all marketting strategy. Either it's marketting and so they won't tell us why they're not releasing the game on PC (yet) or they don't have the balls to tell us the real reason they're not releasing it on PC. I have a feeling it's drifting more and more away from it being about marketting and about the typical piracy claims. They're even ignoring the GFWL issue with GTAIV. It seems they just completely ignore the entire PC consumer base now.
Next GTA I buy will only be for PC and only if it's released within a respectable time frame from the console versions. Tired of them blanking out the PC platform for months or years to squeeze the possibility of extra profit.

dex3108

Treating part of your community as thieves and low class is not good marketing move no matter how much money they make.

Cincaid

I wonder how much Sony and / or Microsoft is to blame for R*'s silence. Didn't Sony have commercials with the PS3 version of GTAV, and bundles and such? Might be a reason for the continued delay, but who knows.

I just wish, like the rest of you, that R* would break the silence and simply shed some light on the PC version. :(

Xamdou

I never finished this game on the 360, but I will definitely double dip to get this on steam and play the game at max settings!

Grief.exe

Aaaaand nothing. Usual time for announcements has passed. It is really unprofessional from R*/T2 to treat part of their customers like this. Dead silence for months, deleting all PC related questions from Newswire and banning users from comment section, refusing to answer what will happen to GTA IV and GFWL, etc.

Ok i understand you don't see PC platform as profitable but at least have courage to tell that directly to your customers.

The ironic thing is, if you look at their quarterly reports, the PC platform has actually been extremely profitable for them.

The long-tail sales of GTA series alone has kept them quite comfortable, despite the GFWL inclusion.

I wonder how much Sony and / or Microsoft is to blame for R*'s silence. Didn't Sony have commercials with the PS3 version of GTAV, and bundles and such? Might be a reason for the continued delay, but who knows.

I just wish, like the rest of you, that R* would break the silence and simply shed some light on the PC version. :(

I doubt the console manufacturers have anything to do with the silence. I personally assume it's completely up to Rockstar Marketing and the exact marketing schedule they have laid out. Maybe more than any other developer/publisher, Rockstar takes marketing VERY seriously. They are not the types to be pressured into breaking their plans.

dex3108

The ironic thing is, if you look at their quarterly reports, the PC platform has actually been extremely profitable for them.

The long-tail sales of GTA series alone has kept them quite comfortable, despite the GFWL inclusion.

And they are still getting unpunished for their behaviour. In past years we all saw how much criticism many publishers/developers got for smaller things related to PC community and yet R*/T2 is untouchable. I really hate double standards in this industry.

I am really hesitant to buy this and reinforce the precedent that it is "cool to milk your consumer base."

I mean... that is the only logical reason for this coming out later.

In fact, I will not buy this.

M*A*S*H

That's the final nail in the coffin for me. The games obviously sell well, as evidenced by the frequent sales, but they continue to treat us with contempt. Clearly buying their games at all, let alone at launch isn't going to change this. Rather than supporting their childish behaviour, my money will go to companies who actually deserve it.

That added language could just as easily be referring to a future replacement of the GFWL portions but it does leave open the option for them to do nothing. It pretty much just indicates to me that they are aware of the July ending of GFWL and at the time they added the extra text, they did not yet have a specific plan.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
It's weird that everyone sort of forgot about GTA V when the GOTYs came along, and were down on it pretty much, and now that it's coming out on PC the hype is building again. Is it just the people that haven't played it yet? Will the cycle begin anew?

Dabanton

It could just be as simple as marketing. Releasing the PS4,X1 and PC versions at the same time means they don't have to advertise it twice. That in my mind would make the most sense.

I don't expect to see a PC version until the next gen versions are ready to go.

Thanks GameReactor. Now that you've learnt about a non-existent pre-order announcement, can you give any word on The Last Guardian while we are here?

dex3108

https://twitter.com/ElKingpin

As a developer I'm bound by the terms of my employment to not discuss any information that isn't public/announced #UDONTWANTTHAT

It is because of you guys the fans that I have a job making these amazing games for all of our enjoyment. All studios safeguard their babies

Until they are ready for you guys to the level of quality that you guys expect and that we expect from ourselves. These views are my own.

Finalizer

It's weird that everyone sort of forgot about GTA V when the GOTYs came along, and were down on it pretty much, and now that it's coming out on PC the hype is building again. Is it just the people that haven't played it yet? Will the cycle begin anew?

It was still pretty fun (singleplayer at least) even if it didn't meet the admittedly sky-high expectations, so playing it on hardware that isn't almost a decade old will be satisfying either way methinks.

Why did so many gaming sites hype this up if it was fake? And what about Elgiganten? I mean, do we complain to them? GTA V PC is obviously not listed on their website.

Check this out: http://www.gamepur.com/news/13526-g...c-retailer-elgiganten-no-announcement-ha.html

The pricks deserve to lose customers for that. Please don't buy, let alone pre-order, from that store.

Because in the journalism world, hype equates to clicks. I'm not saying it isn't real - it probably is, but it's annoying that people just make shit up without base. By base, I mean a legit source.

Cincaid

It won the second most amount of awards after the Last of Us and made the vast majority of most top tens where it didn't win. Not sure why people try to act like it was forgotten.

Top Bottom