• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameReactor: Pre-orders for GTAV on PC starting this Friday

Cincaid

Like many others I started playing it on X360, and about halfway in thinking "I'll just wait for the PC version."

Man oh man I can't wait, but a bit weird that they're making headlines just because a Swedish retailer is starting to take pre-orders. I'll wait with celebrating until R* officially confirms it. :)

BPoole

It will probably be announced alongside next gen version as well. Even Rockstar is double dipping on this game.

DedValve

Banned
Neogaf went dead for a second, and now I know why lol.

I hope the PC I'm building this is strong enough to play this at 60FPS, assuming they don't put a limit on it or something.

Are the console versions really that bad? I'm surprised so many got the game and stopped playing for technical reasons (I didn't play it yet.

iNvid02

it was weird playing on PS3, i had fun with the main missions but was sort of holding back because i knew PC would be where i really wanted to dig into this game.

Nethaniah

Are the console versions really that bad? I'm surprised so many got the game and stopped playing for technical reasons (I didn't play it yet.

I played it for about 10 hours on ps3, my hype for this game has lowered quite a bit because of the awful framerate, it's practically unplayable at times, i might sound like a snob but honestly i have experienced alot better running console games in my time.

People might say ''it's amazing that it's done on consoles this old'' but that's just justifying a shitty purchase imo.

More companies should go that route with AAA games. You already hear of people wanting to double dip. Just look at how much more they are gonna get if they had released it along side with consoles. Great marketing move

Dabanton

It will probably be announced alongside next gen version as well. Even Rockstar is double dipping on this game.

Pretty much which is why I don't expect any announcement this week.

Game is lush for what it's doing it looks and plays amazingly. Of course a next gen version would be appreciated, but the PS360 versions are great.

Stitch

Gold Member
I should hope it'll be Steamworks...

Steamworks with Rockstar Social Club
gMsRnfj.png

Mononoke

Banned
FINALLY! It was so painful to have to sell GTAV on PS3 when I experienced how fuck atrocious the framerate was and the nasty image quality, so I've been waiting with bated breath ever since. Come to me, GTAV PC... and have your destiny finally achieved!

Yeah, framerates were pretty bad on this game.

Hip Hop

I really want 1080p/60FPS on max settings.

That is my secondary want.

What I really want is the ability to remove the wanted level from the game. Number one game for me last generation but damn, those pesky cops made me not want to play the game at times. You couldn't even stare at a person as they would even call the cops.

damn annoying.

"We have all this shit to cause mayhem in, but we'll tie your hands up so you don't get to have all the fun".

oxidax

Say whaaaa!! If i get a discount to get this on next gen since i already got it on PS3, ill go next gen. If not, PC it is.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice.

Now hopefully the PS4 version will follow suit soon, Rockstar may yet trick me into a triple dip.

Grief.exe

More companies should go that route with AAA games. You already hear of people wanting to double dip. Just look at how much more they are gonna get if they had released it along side with consoles. Great marketing move

A strategy to the detriment of PC gamers.

dreamfall

You know what I'm most excited about? Taking proper screenshots of Los Santos in all it's glory.

I'm slightly worried that if Rockstar's Social Club goes down, it'll be problematic in connecting Online- happens occasionally with Max Payne 3.

But I hope this is true- and the game has Steam achievements. Hell, I might even upgrade my card for it.

Framerate in the city is dogshit when driving fast, something you do a lot in games called Grand Theft Auto. I personally got used to it after a few hours, but going back to it after playing other stuff on PC for a while was painful. Hopefully the PC version's as well optimized as Max Payne 3.

kudoboi

You still get the game, hopefully beta-tested.

I'd rather have the game late than never. Unless of course we're speaking about Halo 2 levels of late.

GTA is one of those games that people would be willing to double dip. however, people wouldn't for most AAA titles. punishing PC gamers due to greed is just horrible. it will kill both the reputation of the company and PC as a platform.

i know i would sell away my gaming PC if every AAA game came in 6 months late.

GTA is one of those games that people would be willing to double dip. however, people wouldn't for most AAA titles. punishing PC gamers due to greed is just horrible. it will kill both the reputation of the company and PC as a platform

That's for Rockstar to know or care about. If anything, who cares what happens to the PC as a platform? Only the people that use it for that.

We should be grateful Rockstar sees the PC crowd as a big enough install base to warrant a port.

Grief.exe

You still get the game, hopefully beta-tested.

I'd rather have the game late than never. Unless of course we're speaking about Halo 2 levels of late.

That's nice, but the majority of sales would still occur on consoles at that point, even those that do own both.

People who buy both versions are probably a minority.

That's for Rockstar to know or care about. If anything, who cares what happens to the PC as a platform? Only the people that use it for that.

We should be grateful Rockstar sees the PC crowd as a big enough install base to warrant a port.

What is happening? What are these statements?

Top Bottom