• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Strider is 1080p/60fps on PS4/Xbone, Remote Play, Platinum trophy/1000GS

chadskin

They're doing an AMA on Strider on the Capcom forums right now.

You'll love the 1080P @60FPS presentation of the PS4, and there's Remote Play too if you want to live the life of an assassin while in bed.

Thanks Silky. :)

The Xbox One version, like the PS4, displays in native 1080P and runs at a steady 60FPS. The next-gen versions also feature more detailed character models, improved lighting and shadows, SSAO and GPU calculated particles, etc. They are stunners :)

Yes, the XONE version has 1000 Gamerscore, and the PS3/PS4 both include a platinum trophy.

Exploration is very important to the new Strider.
It all came about by us looking for a way to take the classic frenetic high-speed Strider gameplay and putting it in to a framework that would work for a 6-8 hour length game.
So we decided to use the influences for exploration-based side-scrollers that we all grew up with and combine them with the classic Strider feel to create something that keeps the Strider feel while taking the gameplay in an expanded direction.

The more expansive and lengthy campaign has allowed us some room to expand upon the story, particularly when compared to previous titles. You can expect to enjoy some short, yet cool cinematics and in-game sequences revolving around the eclectic cast of boss characters and some unlikely allies. However, gameplay is always at the forefront, with the story serving to push the action ever forward.

Definitely a lot of Strider 2 love in the game and yes, there are remixes Strider 2 tracks in the soundtrack!

Many nods to many Strider games as well as a few Capcom related ones as well. Everybody who worked on the game grew up playing capcom games from the 80s so we are right there with you!

Strider has three difficulty settings to choose from Easy, Normal and Hard (Which is really hard). As the game is much lengthier, and Hiryu can increase his arsenal and power-ups over the course of the adventure, the difficulty naturally ramps up as you progress. Players who take the time to explore will reap the reward and likely find it easier going than those who try to strong-arm through on basic skills alone. However, the option of how you want to play is up to you!

For those who are interested, a Trial which can be upgraded to a full game via an in-Trial purchase or by downloading from the store, will be available on X360, PS3 & PS4.

Amazon's purchase of DH does not affect Strider at all. Game comes out in a few days, and we've put everything we want to put in the game at $14.99. No DLC - all of our bonus stuff is unlocked through obtaining collectibles in the game. So DH's work is done, though I do wish them the best with whatever they do moving forward.

On the possibility of a Wii U version:

Anything's a possiblity if this Strider does well, but we already support 5 platforms so we always have to work with the resources we have available. Sorry we can't be on every platform out there.

Eusis

Well, that doesn't sound reassuring for XB1. I figured being cross gen and a game that's not super high end it'd be more likely, but I guess that was a poor assumption.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Remote play, good game for it

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Day one. Looks great.

Eusis

What do you mean by be careful? If they list a game for free and I download it, how is that any fault of mine? I could understand deleting it from my account.
Apparently they banned people for taking advantage of similar in the past. Hopefully they don't keep doing this or they really are asking for their console to be killed.

Definitely a lot of Strider 2 love in the game

Awesome. Do we know if Savage Slash is in the game?

and yes, there are remixes Strider 2 tracks in the soundtrack!

Fuck yes. Strider 2 has my favorite OST in the series, and I found it a little odd that tracks from both the Arcade original and NES game got remixed but none from Strider 2.Hope one of these tracks get arranged in some fashion.

I still can't believe a new Strider game is coming out. The first was one of my favorite games for awhile as a kid and I immediately imported the Japanese version of the second game on PlayStation. I really want this game to be good.

Ashtar

I hope this is good! I love a good metoridvania
I loved Guacamelee, Dust and I still need to beat Outland and Castlevania SOTN

Cabal

The original games are not in the package somewhere, right? If not, it's too bad. I would love to play through them both, even if it was DLC. That said, they would make a hell of an unlockable.

Crap, this is coming out next week isn't it? Too many games on my plate currently to pick it up at launch but I will watching those reviews and likely getting it in a month or two. After playing through Guacamelee I'm hyped for this.

Now this is a game I am definitely going to play on the Vita. As lay here typing, I can just imagine my Vita in hand with this game. It's the perfect bedtime game. I can't wait!

I hope they game is big enough that it isnt just giving you a trophy every time you get to a new screen.

Guacamelee was a good example of a game that shouldn't have had a full trophy list. Cant go 2 steps without getting one.

Yeah but we don't have to mention this in every fu%?$g thread.
Especially for a game like this...

You can say fuck. No need to censor yourself.

If you don't think something is thread worthy, it'd be wiser not to post in the thread. You've now bumped this thread to the top twice and will probably do it a third time to respond to this message.

I hope they game is big enough that it isnt just giving you a trophy every time you get to a new screen.

Guacamelee was a good example of a game that shouldn't have had a full trophy list. Cant go 2 steps without getting one.

Looks to be long enough:

It all came about by us looking for a way to take the classic frenetic high-speed Strider gameplay and putting it in to a framework that would work for a 6-8 hour length game.

Granted the dev saying 6-8 probably means it's more like 4-6. Which still seems long enough to me for a game like this. Half the price of Ground Zeroes and 2-3 times the length!

Top Bottom