• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4s Power Explained With Dragonball Z by Japanese Store: “Like Freeza’s Final Form

BgzX4KgCYAA9hfA-646x425.jpg

Looks like Japanese video game store owners are getting creative in explaining the power of the PS4 to their customers. One decided to resort to one of Japan’s most beloved anime and manga series: Dragonball.
In the picture at the bottom of this post you can see the peculiar billboard placed on the shop’s counter, as shared by Twitter user Kurage.
Here’s a translation of what the sign says:

PS4: just how powerful is it?
If you compare the PS3 to Freeza’s first form (battle power 530,000)
PS4 is a monster machine like the fourth form of Freeza (battle power 60 million).
[8GB Memory] -> 16 times the PS3. Power: Can use the Death Beam 16 times at the same time.
[8 Cores] -> 8 Times the PS3. Number of programs that can be executed: The Ginyu Force is now 40 people.
[Memory GDDR5] -> 7 Times the PS3. Processing Speed: Will move seven time quicker.

While not all the data is technically 100% correct, it’s definitely a hilarious way to let your customers know that the console they’re about to purchase is quite the beast.

Genkidama if old

SJRB

Gold Member
That's amazing. Also hilarious that they use Frieza and the Ginyu Force instead of Goku going super Saiyan or something.

vareon

But they all got killed...mostly due to their own hubris...

"Huh, I don't feel that different"
"It wasn't very much"

PS4 -> Frieza
Wii U -> Krilin
PS3 -> Son Gohan
3DS -> Son Goku
Vita -> Piccolo
Xbox 360 -> Vegeta
XboxOne -> Tarble
lol

Protein

Banned
Sony America should get Terry Crews to explain how powerful PS4 is. That would be the best marketing move ever.

terry-crews-old-spice-gif-o.gif

Mesoian

Sony America should get Terry Crews to explain how powerful PS4 is. That would be the best marketing move ever.

OH my god, if Sony got Wieden + Kennedy to do their campaigns...bandares.gif

But they won't. Sony has finally gotten away from using super odd advertisements made by people who basically had no idea what they were trying to sell and have come up with a really strong campaign that's been working really well.

Still though. Terry Crews...

Hmm...

Toad.T

Banned
Naw, then we'd have more panty based games.

I think you mean Yamcha

Wii U is more like Yamcha. They don't do much but when they do something, they always fail at it.

Yamcha at least does shit. Failed shit, but shit nonetheless. Oolong is just worthless trash that saved the world once then mooched off his friends forever. And since I'm assuming that we're just talking about modern consoles only, it fits. Overall though, yeah I guess it's Yamcha.

rvy

Banned
Yamcha at least does shit. Failed shit, but shit nonetheless. Oolong is just worthless trash that saved the world once then mooched off his friends forever. And since I'm assuming that we're just talking about modern consoles only, it fits. Overall though, yeah I guess it's Yamcha.

At least Oolong saw Bulma naked.

Unlike Yamcha.

Despite dating her for years.

Then she had enough of his shit and ditched him for Fajita.

Top Bottom