• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo 3 Pre-Reaper of Souls Loot 2.0 Patch Live

Cipherr

Gooood. I suppose Ill be playing some tomorrow night.

I went to pre-order RoS like last week and found that I already apparently bought the Digital CE. I cant even remember doing that, lol.

Fuck...

time to reinstall the game.

I hope they fixed monster density because it was really bad in early PTR that I tried.

Ashodin

Sweet! Will this include the Adventure mode? Or is that in the expansion only.

Expac only! This is just the loot fixes, where you get better loot, all the class tweaks before RoS, etc.

Also this:

SWD9KSUNNOX51393030664880.jpg

If you pre-order Reaper of Souls at a retail store—either a physical standard edition or physical Collector's Edition—be sure to redeem your Reaper of Souls game key via your Battle.net account on or before 11:59 PM PST on March 31, 2014. If you redeem your game key after that date, your pre-order loot will be consumed by the fires of the Burning Hells and lost forever.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
This patch gives the new loot system, some new legendaries (not all the level 70 ones), skill changes and Paragon 2.0. Curious to see if it'll also include the experience changes that massively increased paragon levelling speed in RoS - many people are getting 2 billion exp/hour.

No adventure mode, act 5 or crusader.

Gold will probably also become account bound, so if you have alts or friends/family, get your gold distributed now.

TheYanger

Basically, this is all mechanical changes, without the 'features' of the xpac. It's pretty huge.

Anyone that hasn't played since launch, the game had already improved a lot, this is a BIG step up.
Loot 2.0 is real, try some crafting if you don't believe :)

Gattsu25

Banned
After 150 hours at launch, I just don't know if I have any more Diablo III left in me.

Similarly, after around 25 hours I'm not sure I have any Diablo III left in me. The original experience and the AH-reliant balance left such a shite taste in my mouth that every attempt to get back into the game has ended in apathy.

The Demon Hunter pre-order bonus for Heroes of the Storm has got me close to pre-ordering again. She's not gonna be exclusive to just the pre-order for RoS, right? We'll be able to unlock her in HotS like normal but this just gives the hero for free without paying $ or whatever free Blizzard points they come up with.

Edit- thinking about it more yeah there's no way she's exclusive, it would ruin the balance of the game. Dumb question

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck...

time to reinstall the game.

I hope they fixed monster density because it was really bad in early PTR that I tried.

They increased the mob density, it's not back at 1.08 levels, but it's in a good place IMO.

Ashodin

The Demon Hunter pre-order bonus for Heroes of the Storm has got me close to pre-ordering again. She's not gonna be exclusive to just the pre-order for RoS, right? We'll be able to unlock her in HotS like normal but this just gives the hero for free without paying $ or whatever free Blizzard points they come up with.

Edit- thinking about it more yeah there's no way she's exclusive, it would ruin the balance of the game. Dumb question

lol. IMMA PREORDER ANYWAY

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Playing D3 at launch left a really bad taste in my mouth. I might go back to Diablo 3 in another 2 or 3 years when Blizzard has fixed most of the game because it sure as hell isn't going to happen with the launch of an expansion pack.

TheYanger

Playing D3 at launch left a really bad taste in my mouth. I might go back to Diablo 3 in another 2 or 3 years when Blizzard has fixed most of the game because it sure as hell isn't going to happen with the launch of an expansion pack.

Played at launch, refuses to try fixed version proclaiming it can't be fixed yet? Sounds legit.
Game is already largely fixed, removing the aH and adding loot 2.0 as well as neph rift and bounty type endgame basically removes all of the glaring flaws.

manhack

Holy carp! I was going to wait until RoS came out to try leveling another class besides my Witch Doctor. Now I can start before the expansion.

weeeee

So are loot runs in this patch? Are there going to be retroactive changes to loot or will we see another round of legacy items?

TheYanger

So are loot runs in this patch? Are there going to be retroactive changes to loot or will we see another round of legacy items?

Legacy items. I'm not sure if IDing new legendaries that we get will carry forward to the mystic either, so I'm contemplating not IDing anything for transmog for the next month

Ashodin

You wouldn't say this after having played LoD.

Does this patch or expansion add all the console controls to PC?

I kinda just wanna sit on my couch and play the game, and my mouse and keyboard arent as good for that.

Norns

Awesome, just reinstalled.

Going to grind out the achievements they are turning into Feats of Strength in RoS.

Was getting dangerously close to raiding in WoW again, glad this is tomorrow.

Norns

Does this patch or expansion add all the console controls to PC?

I kinda just wanna sit on my couch and play the game, and my mouse and keyboard arent as good for that.

Nothing announced for controller support on PC. (Don't hold your breath)

Effer

Similarly, after around 25 hours I'm not sure I have any Diablo III left in me. The original experience and the AH-reliant balance left such a shite taste in my mouth that every attempt to get back into the game has ended in apathy.

I feel equally disgusted. I have never in my life quit playing a game out of anger at the developer before. I wish we could scapegoat Jay Wilson, but it just seems to be Blizzard's dirty new overall direction.

KarmaCow

Booo.

Thats pretty shitty, since pretty much all the work is already done.

Aren't skills and monster AI reworked for the console versions to accommodate the controls? I wouldn't mind direct control through controller support but I can see why it wouldn't work with the game as is.

Skunkers

Odd, I figured it wouldn't go live until the auction house shutdown. I don't remember the PTR build having an auction house.

anddo0

When is this coming to PS4?

PS3 already has improved loot.

Reaper of Souls, probably won't be out on PS4 until the summer/early fall. Blizz said later in the year. Sucks. I don't think I'm waiting until then. I have the PC version of D3. So I'll get RoS on PC.

Top Bottom