• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Coming to PS4 March 4th

The best-ever version of the smash hit Dead Nation is making its way to PS4 next week on March 4th. Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition will be available on PlayStation Store for $14.99 and PlayStation Plus members will be able to download it as part of their Instant Game Collection.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition is a top-down shoot ‘em up, set in an apocalyptic, zombie-infested world. It comes from the talented developer Housemarque, famous for the Super Stardust series, and more recently the critically acclaimed Resogun.
Dead Nation features a full campaign mode, which can be played solo or co-op (either online or local).

Exclusively available on PS4, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition features numerous enhancements, making it the best version yet. You can now play in full 1080p HD, with improved textures, rendering, and effects — Dead Nation has never looked better. We also improved the controls, adding in a quick weapon select so your favorite zombie decimator is never out of reach.

The Road to Devastation expansion is now included in the main game, giving you two extra game modes — Arcade and Endless — allowing you to test yourself against ever increasing odds. And with support for the official PlayStation companion app, all you completionists out there now have a second screen to monitor your game stats as you play.
One of the new features in Apocalypse Edition, which you may have spotted in the trailer, is Challenge mode; every time you finish a single level, you can now send your score over to a friend to try and beat. When playing a challenge you can see the avatar of the player who set the challenge, allowing you to race against them or scope out their high-scoring route. What’s that I hear you say? “What if your friends are no match for your zombie decapitating skills?” Well, how about you take on the challenge of any leaderboard entry, for any single level, made by any player?

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Stay on the lookout for more Dead Nation news soon, including hints and tips and an update on the PS Vita version.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/02/27/dead-nation-apocalypse-edition-coming-to-ps4-march-4th/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEg6Pz2VkHk

ReaperXL7

Just going to repost my previous thoughts on this

I loved Dead Nation....but it's a given that it should be free considering the amount of people who already got it for free in the past.

Its really weird that a PS4 version has appeared without ever being announced and the Vita port which was announced last year is still dead silent....I guess Sony is running out of games they can offer and had to throw up a quick port.

Edit:Trailer looks great though. I love housemarque.

~~Hasan~~

i didnt play this game before. but it looks really fun. and since its free then sure as hell i am going to download and play it.

i will have so much fun if it also has local co op lol

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Sounds like a great use of the feature! I may actually stream something for once.

Having platinumed the jaggy PS3 version. This looks like a nice improvement, hopefully the levels that are extremely dark also got a revamp.

suedester

Banned
People will no doubt complain but this looks like a solid upgrade. Didn't play it on PS3 so look forward to this. Remote play in my veins.

This is great as a whole bunch of players are going to discover how fucking incredible DN is. Housemarque must be worked to the bone right now.

Really was hoping for a sequel though :(

this legitimately sounds awesome

I liked the ps3 version but graphically it was a mess and was hard to stick with

this looks super nice
cant wait

How hard would you say the platinum was?

It wasn't bad. I never platinum games that are as difficult as say Grand Theft Auto 4. It was the standard "Kill X amount of zombies" "Don't get hit in this level" "Difficulty trophies" and "Play co-op in all these levels".

It's easy to get IMO

RE_Player

It wasn't bad. I never platinum games that are as difficult as say Grand Theft Auto 4. It was the standard "Kill X amount of zombies" "Don't get hit in this level" "Difficulty trophies" and "Play co-op in all these levels".

It's easy to get IMO
Ugh I might try to get it before the PS4 version comes out. If I don't play my PS3 version now I'll never play it. No going back after PS4.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Had fun with it local co-op back when it originally came out, Infineon with having it having it again and playing through with a different friend online. I know it was designed that way, but it is a shame that from memory it is still only 2 player co-op, would have loved to play it as a group of four.

The metagame in this sounds awesome. Can't wait until I get my PS4 moved into my new apartment once I can figure out how to get it here.

Edit: Loved the first Dead Nation and Hotline Miami, so playing through this again with all the improvements seems worth the time. Anyone who hasn't played Dead Nation and owns a PS4 shouldn't pass on this.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Broadcast + is gonna be huge for gaming.
The feedback loop between the player and viewers is gonna make for some cool experiences.

Carl

Bought Dead Nation day one. Play for half an hour and deleted it. Probably won't download it again. Sorry Housemarque

I do hope this wasnt what Housemarque were teasing with that zombie video. Still excited to play this on the ps4 and ps vita(second screen heck yeah).

I love this game
I played the game on PS3 about 3 or 4 years ago, It was one of the best coop game I ever played and really difficult on undead difficulty

Only thing I hated is tapping R1 to shoot faster, hopefully they changed it in this version. I think its the only top down twin-stick shooter I have played where you have to press something to shoot.

Top Bottom