• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Coming to PS4 March 4th

ReaperXL7

for some stupid ass reason the lego games are the only local MP games where each player cannot earn their own trophies

its dumb as hell

Ahh ok thanks, he said he had similar issues with Knack which is why he asked if it was not something supported on PlayStation and his wife did not like that she had to play the game and not atleast get trophies. I play co op with my daughter but she plays on a guest account so I had never thought about it.

nelchaar

Just going to repost my previous thoughts on this

I loved Dead Nation....but it's a given that it should be free considering the amount of people who already got it for free in the past.

Its really weird that a PS4 version has appeared without ever being announced and the Vita port which was announced last year is still dead silent....I guess Sony is running out of games they can offer and had to throw up a quick port.

Edit:Trailer looks great though. I love housemarque.

It says in the OP "Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition will be available on PlayStation Store for $14.99 and PlayStation Plus members will be able to download it as part of their Instant Game Collection."

That's as "free" as it's going to get. If you are referring to the time Sony made it a choice among the free games to get when PSN was hacked, you are in out of luck.

Wow so this game is still going to run at 30FPS.. It's nice that we get it for free but there won't be much of a difference from the PS3 version. What about Mercenary Kings, at least that game isn't available on consoles yet.

Melchiah

Two bad months of ps+, I hope they get something good for April.

Outlast, Metro: Last Light, Bioshock Infinite, Dead Nation and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons are bad offerings? I find the inclusion of Tomb Raider odd though, as it was just released on the PS4.

btkadams

ps+ has been so awesome for ps4. i've had the service since the beginning on ps4 and it took a while to get this consistently good. free games at their release on the platform (not a year later) is huge. i have dead nation on ps3 (i think it might have been a ps+ version) but i never went to play it. looking forward to trying this out.

Wow so this game is still going to run at 30FPS.. It's nice that we get it for free but there won't be much of a difference from the PS3 version. What about Mercenary Kings, at least that game isn't available on consoles yet.

Can't say I'm surprised, look at the porting studio's past games

I'll add it to my dl list incase I'm ever desperate enough to play this again, but I don't think that will be happening any time soon (or probably ever). Next month is Binding of Isaac so that's another disappointment. I'd rather have Knack, come on Sony give me Knack.

Flayer

I think Dead Nation is a great game and I played the hell out of it on PS3 but this edition is really nothing more than a slightly prettier version. I'm glad to have DN on PS4 but the complete lack of actual new content is very underwhelming.

The_Monk

Thanks for posting fellow GAFfer.

While this is good for some, to me it's a little upsetting for this to be the game for the PS4 PS+ March program. I, as many of previous PS3/PS+ owners already got Deadnation. Now, I now that it may be a case of "It's not the same game, it's not same content" however I do hope this is a trend that won't be repeated many times in the future. I know the early adopters of the PS4 may not be getting the best PS+ titles early on. I remember when I was hyped because I was going do play Drive Club on my PS4 day one. Now, not even a release date I have...

It's okay if they offer a game like Don't Starve. A game I have for a long, long time but on PC. Because there are people who do not play on PC this was good addiction considering some people only have one platform, however, I can't help but feel this (Deadnation) was a repeat game for the PS+ program.

I'm still going to play it, sure, I just wish I could have been offered something different when looking at my past PS+ offerings. It's a fact they might offer other game I already have on PC like the Binding of Isaac but in this case it's a game that was released as part of the PS+ program. I'm not sad and this is not a harsh complain or anything, just my humble opinion the matter and something that I like to discuss with my good fellow GAFfers. ;)

andycapps

Can't wait, loved this on PS3. I do hope that they made the game a bit brighter in spots that were particularly dark.

Camera got a little wonky occasionally.

viveks86

So another day, another announcement. THIS. IS. AWESOME!

But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Pure genius! LOL!

Played DN as part of the welcome back PSN stimulus package following the hack. Did not like it one bit :/

This. I'm willing to try it again, for free, but unless they have completely overhauled the gameplay, I can't see myself putting much time into this one. Oh well, hopefully April will be another winner.

So far it's been Resogun (which I liked), followed by Don't Starve (didn't like), then Outlast (liked), then Dead Nation (presumably not going to like), so following this trend, April should be one I enjoy....I know I'm skipping Contrast, well, because I skipped Contrast.

Pop

Hell Ya!

Broadcast plus sounds freaking awesome. The future use of that will be incredible.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Why on earth would they give Knack for free when it's being sold in bundles?

Some crazy expectations in this thread.

Bumhead

Banned
Pleased with this.

Enjoyed the game on PS3 but local co-op and being able to play it online with a different buddy than I did on PS4 mean I'll happily go through it again.

As for PS+, these opening months of the PS4 Instant Game Collection were always going to be a mixed bag, what with no real "legacy" content to give away. I think we've done well so far with Outlast and Don't Starve, both "new" games (even if they released on PC earlier), and Resogun which is my Game of the System so far. Dead Nation is a fairly nice choice for an up-port of some PS3 stuff to fill in for March, with some interesting new modes and tweaks.

Not too much to complain about so far, especially assuming that April will be Octodad.

Why on earth would they give Knack for free when it's being sold in bundles?

Some crazy expectations in this thread.

Yep, they were never, ever going to start giving away full retail games after 4 months. Especially not when the console is still selling extremely well within those 4 months.

My guess is we'll hear about full retail games at one of the summer trade shows. Possibly E3. Maybe a presentation on the continued success and growth of PlayStation Plus during their conference, with some sort of "reveal" of full retail games rollout starting with Knack from August or something.

No 60fps is disappointing.

But the (PS+) price is right, and I'm always in the mood for some co-op. My buddies never picked this game up on PS3 but we'll all have it on PS4 now, so there will be blood.

Shin-Ra

30fps? What is the point of this port then? To quickly have something ready for ps+ giveaways?
The few (really mediocre) hours I had with this on ps3 made me wish for 60fps gameplay knowing it was the same guys who were in charge of super stardust.
Did they patch the PS3 version to 1080p with decent AA?

Is there some sort of 720p noAA is good enough movement starting here?

I love the interactive option in this one. Sounds fun!

Great game and will enjoy it. Enjoyed Outlast too. People bitch too much, seriously. Most people sound like whiny fucking children not getting the flavor milk they wanted

This is amazing news. Just amazing. PS+ makes me very happy.

My friend and I will conquer this for the platinum.

EU should be getting this as well, correct?

Vizzeh

Banned
Two bad months of ps+, I hope they get something good for April.

Not from my perspective, I really enjoyed outlast and this, I look forward to. Going to Co-op this online for sure. Look forward to it.

Not all PS+ game can be an epic AAA blockbuster on a new system, these are more than fun /impressive imo :)

This is fantastic. I loved Dead Nation when it was on the PS3. My brother and I had a lot of fun playing it but we never got around to finishing it. Glad it is part of the IGC.

I'm super pumped to play this again. My brother and I can probably finish it this time. Another good month of Plus.

i'm pretty sure they said they were working on 2 games right before resogun was revealed, so they probably have another new game they've been working on for a while.

Yes, they have another PS4 exclusive in the works. It's rumored to be a sequel to Dead Nation.

Top Bottom