• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition Coming to PS4 March 4th

Banned
April is supposed to be Octodad.

I hope we start seeing some decent exclusive PS+ content in May, I'm really not interested in the PC ports and then years old PSN ports like this.

FireCloud

Bought Dead Nation day one. Play for half an hour and deleted it. Probably won't download it again. Sorry Housemarque

Wow Carl, I would have thought this would have been something you'd enjoy.

Can't say I've finished it, but the time I put into it I enjoyed. Loved the atmosphere. Interesting to see how the PS4 improves upon it.

Carl

Wow Carl, I would have thought this would have been something you'd enjoy.

Can't say I've finished it, but the time I put into it I enjoyed. Loved the atmosphere. Interesting to see how the PS4 improves upon it.

I thought I would too but just couldn't get into it

Oppo

It's a really fun little game. Nothing too special but just really solid and enjoyable. Can get quite hairy on the higher difficulties too.

hoserx

Im always happy to have a local co-op game for my buddies and I to play when we're hanging out. Sure that's rare, with all of our responsibilities and all, but when we are able to get together, things like this are great.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Setting aside that most people most likely got this already due to the PSN downtime, are people really calling this -- and in some cases Outlast -- bad games for PS+ members?

I dunno, I finished this game twice and I'm all for giving it a go using the new DualShock and seeing the new effects fly by. Well, maybe I'm easy to please, but I loved the first one and hope this is a sign that a sequel is being made.

Seriously, though, if you haven't played Dead Nation, give it a try. It's like the PS1's Loaded series only made more chaotic. Speaking of, what happened to that series? I loved that in the PS1 days. Can we get a digital re-release or sequel, please?

gotta crawl before u can walk but interactive + would be killer for a Buzz Quiz Game

Oh hell yes. I hope someone at Sony is listening, we need this to happen.

This isn't the first game to use it.

Also, I'm not sure what difference it makes who is first. The service has been available since launch, it's up to devs to implement it.

Huh, what other games use it? Surprised it hasn't been used more.

I believe Daylight will also use it when it launches in April. A horror game where you get to influence the scares? Goodness me.

Oh sweet, I'll definitely be checking this out.

Drencrom

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

This sounds really cool

Sintoid

By the way I see from the video that Dead Nation Apocalypse edition contains Road to Devastation DLC - A very good add on to the original game

Grisby

Broadcast thing sounds neat but yeah, the game itself is a bit mediocre. I feel like the levels are a tad too long and lack any real variety.

It's an alright twin stick deal but its surprising this got a remake (well maybe not considering the current game climate). Wonder what housemarque is cooking up next.

I've heard good things about this, but never played it because I didn't have a PS3 when it was free and never got around to buying it. It'll be cool giving this a try on PS4.

Darksol

Sorry guys, I love you, but I'll be playing Stick of Truth on March 4th. Still, once I've beaten that, I'll definitely get to this. At least until FFX Remaster, Infamous, and MGSV drop.

Damn March is going to be a busy month :)

Setting aside that most people most likely got this already due to the PSN downtime, are people really calling this -- and in some cases Outlast -- bad games for PS+ members?

I dunno, I finished this game twice and I'm all for giving it a go using the new DualShock and seeing the new effects fly by. Well, maybe I'm easy to please, but I loved the first one and hope this is a sign that a sequel is being made.

Seriously, though, if you haven't played Dead Nation, give it a try. It's like the PS1's Loaded series only made more chaotic. Speaking of, what happened to that series? I loved that in the PS1 days. Can we get a digital re-release or sequel, please?

This game also benefits PS4 users who only had a 360 last gen.

The PS+ PS4 games that have been released actually get more playtime from me than all of the retail releases thus far.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Compared to SSHD, this was a little meh for me on the PS3. But I didn't realize the DLC added an Endless mode and the new Broadcast feature for the PS4 port is something I at least want to try. Definitely in, hope it grabs me better the second time around.

Number45

Broadcast+ sounds amazing.

Would love cross-play, but I can understand why not. Sounds like they've done a good bit of work on this. ^_^

EDIT: Cross-save and cross-buy are out according to a comment on the blog post (no idea who actually made the post).

YAWWWWWWWWWWWWN.

Played this as a freebie after the PSN outage, no intention of playing it again. Hoping for something better on the PS4 come April.

My favorite new feature is Broadcast+ mode. In this mode, you can stream your game to the masses interactively, and your viewers can influence the difficulty of your game. Periodically all your viewers, whether they be on PS4 or a web browser, have the option to vote between a positive and negative effect that occurs in your game. There are a total of 30 different voting effects that can occur, ranging from spawning zombie packs to giving the player ammo, or even disabling the player’s ability to sprint. But don’t worry; as a player you can get back at the masses, because voters will appear in your game as named zombies for you to exact your revenge on.

Ok this sounds awesome...

kyser73

Loved it on PS3, gonna love it all over again on the 4.

As everyone else has said, that interactive thing sounds cool as.

codhand

What does this even mean?!

maybe they were going for a blurry / grainy look or something, someone help me out here, most of their games are 60 so i kinda want to believe this even though it makes my head hurt

never had a problem with the darkness, i'll never forget how much Brad Shoemaker hated this game.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed

Games can be tied to the framerate. So if you were to run the game at 60fps, it wouldn't look smoother, it would be running at twice the speed like it was on fast forward.

To undo that would require a TON of code revision since everything is timed to 30fps.

Devs do this when they're targeting a specific platform since it's much easier that way.

jet1911

Maybe they had a framerate limit ion mind while develloping the game and they coded everything according to that framerate. Effects, animations things lke that? I remember playing the PC version of Halo CE and while the game was 60fps the animations were still only 30fps. That was weird.

Liamario

Banned
Games can be tied to the framerate. So if you were to run the game at 60fps, it wouldn't look smoother, it would be running at twice the speed like it was on fast forward.

To undo that would require a TON of code revision since everything is timed to 30fps.

Devs do this when they're targeting a specific platform since it's much easier that way.

Thanks, that makes sense. I hope they've made up for it with some massive graphical improvements.

Its really weird that a PS4 version has appeared without ever being announced and the Vita port which was announced last year is still dead silent....I guess Sony is running out of games they can offer and had to throw up a quick port.

Edit:Trailer looks great though. I love housemarque.

Indeed weird

MDSLKTR

30fps? What is the point of this port then? To quickly have something ready for ps+ giveaways?
The few (really mediocre) hours I had with this on ps3 made me wish for 60fps gameplay knowing it was the same guys who were in charge of super stardust.

ReaperXL7

Will this have the ability to get trophies for both player 1 and player 2 for local co op or is that not a feature on PlayStation. My friend and his wife who used to roll on 360 are kind of pissed that they cannot both earn trophies at the same time on Lego movie game.

Will this have the ability to get trophies for both player 1 and player 2 for local co op or is that not a feature on PlayStation. My friend and his wife who used to roll on 360 are kind of passed that they cannot both earn trophies at the same time on Lego movie game.

for some stupid ass reason the lego games are the only local MP games where each player cannot earn their own trophies

its dumb as hell

I loved what little I played of Dead Nation back years ago, it'll be fun to play this on PS4...and the Broadcast+ mode sounds AWESOME. I just need to actually advertise my channel so people will actually participate with me on that mode.

Top Bottom