• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon FireTV first party game trailers

The first video sold me on this... next year, when the next model/premium model is announced. That will give time for Amazon's game studio to mature, the best games for model 1 to be out, and likely get me the better version of the system for the same price.

Snaku

Banned
Interested in the dino sidescroller. Looks really nice, and I'm digging the Dino-Riders-esque weaponry.

Leflus

That's Oliver and Spike at 0:18, right? I wonder if Amazon aquired the studio or if they just bought the rights to the game.

Redhood

That game with the kid reminded me of a game that a gaffer was making. Hope it did not become exclusive.

Some of the ideas look really good.

That's Oliver and Spike at 0:18, right? I wonder if Amazon aquired the studio or if they just bought the rights to the game.

Edit: The game was called OIiver and spike. Thanks.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
ya know, I really know nothing about any of this... but some of those games in the sneak peek actually looked really interesting

The technicolor savanna thing at the beginning of the first video was the only thing that looked interesting.

Sev Zero looks particularly bad.

Rootbeer

Banned
Hmm... looks like a pretty good start... graphics look on par with most smartphone/tablet games, which is expected, but was hoping for maybe something approaching the current gen consoles (not quite on that level, but more of an in-between)

Anyway, subbed to their YT channel. At this moment, the only thing that will get me to buy one is if a killer game comes out that I can only play on this device. if that happens... i'm in. the hardware is pretty good for the price, no complaints there. Jut not sure I have room for this in my life right now.

Coxy

Happy to see an RPG in there, the games look very generic but at least they're catering to a variety of tastes

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Amazon doing what Nintendo could have done. Good choice in hardware and it'll get a refresh every year with full BC (Android based so it's a give).

Finally someone big taking the Ouya approach, I can and will probably get behind this. Hope I'll be able to use my Dual Shock 4 though.

Definitely adds appeal to the concept. Interested in where this is going to go over the next year or so.

Some of those games look very interesting!

Lijik

The low poly animal one and Oliver and Spike definitely have my interest.
The RPG/beatemup (couldnt really tell) in a suburban home and over the top dinosaur shooter could also be cool

Huh. Not bad. Definitely a few I'm interested in. I was kind of hoping the bazooka dinosaur was the main character of that game though :[

Sneak Peak

stealth-mountain.jpg

Heh. Sorry, I had to.

Sev Zero looks neat!

So would someone like me in the Caribbean even be able to purchase games for this? I have Prime membership and use a VPN, but even so, I am unable to buy streaming movies from Amazon due to my debit/credit card not being American..

iori9999

Banned
If Amazon is the one that kills Sony, NIntendo and MS.. I won't complain too much..

Won't Happen I know!!

Nzyme32

I just want to wait and see what the UK service is looking like, but it's looking pretty good as a casual lounge device. The games are looking interesting too

Das-J

Law of the West
Some interesting content in there... Wonder how much of their portfolio will be directed towards those under 16.

Top Bottom